Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 15 replies

need feedback...quick

driven2insanity

Aug 12, 2006, 12:04 PM
I enjoy this forum and respect opinions and advice that float around. I will probably be quitting my sales position. My boss is on his way this afternoon and I'm not sure if I should put in 2 weeks ( he has a habit of letting people work 1 week of the 2 then letting them go afraid they will steal, etc.) or just leaving him high and dry at the end of the month and going to my new job (with $6 hourly pay increase from what I make now). I am also worried that I haven't seen any of my commision from april to present (stupid bimbos he hires are to good to actually work)and I probably won't if I walk. To make thing more complicated the same bimbos do the schedule and are constantly changing it. Well they didn't tell me they changed me from 3-7 yes...
(continues)
craptacularwireless

Aug 12, 2006, 12:36 PM
Shoot, if you get six dollars more per hour I would take it. Imagine making good money without having to sell to anyone? That would make me smile and be very happy. I wish I had a job offer that paid me that well, I would leave this place in a heartbeat.
driven2insanity

Aug 12, 2006, 12:39 PM
yeah NO MORE SALES!!! But can't get full time hours until sept. and I don't want to get let go early in the 2 weeks. You know bills to pay rent due and end of month 😕
craptacularwireless

Aug 12, 2006, 12:42 PM
Yeah, that's the only downside. I switched jobs back in January and I'm barely recovering from the lack of income I had for three weeks. It was total crappiness.
Jennyboo

Aug 12, 2006, 12:39 PM
Me too
krickt

Aug 12, 2006, 12:41 PM
I'd leave him high and dry,especially if you aren't going to get your commission, but in the meantime he needs to get a little heads up as to what's going on in his shop. Try not to thow names around and make sure that you take the high ground (emotionally and rationally) Don't get sucked into a name calling contest, just do as much as you can to call his attention to what's going on, without getting fired.
craptacularwireless

Aug 12, 2006, 12:43 PM
And if all else fails, call him a mean ol' poopie head. 😁
ralph_on_me

Aug 12, 2006, 12:44 PM
Actually I'd try to get fired so you can get unemployment.
guido1869

Aug 12, 2006, 4:25 PM
he would be working at hisnew job before he would be able to get unemployment
krickt

Aug 12, 2006, 12:48 PM
That should do it!
craptacularwireless

Aug 12, 2006, 12:52 PM
😁
driven2insanity

Aug 12, 2006, 12:56 PM
yeah, I work alone with one manager who i see maybe once a week, let him figure that out 👀
driven2insanity

Aug 12, 2006, 12:59 PM
she would been the same that quotes discounted prices to cust. then they wait till her shift to buy, she looks good and won't get caught about the disc. because she reconciles the till! go figure how to compete with that. I caught her selling a razr for 29.99 and i think she pocketed the rebate!
craptacularwireless

Aug 12, 2006, 1:01 PM
Wow, what a geat employee. I should ask her if she's willing to transfer to another company in a different state. You can't find employees like that anywhere!
craptacularwireless

Aug 12, 2006, 1:01 PM
great^ 🤭
guido1869

Aug 12, 2006, 4:23 PM
that's what i'm gonna do
if i get one of the jobs that i have interviews for on wed then i'm gonna show up to our sales meeting on thurs late and in shorts and flipflops, hand him my key and walk out in front of every employee in my region (4 stores)
probably cuss him out too

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.