Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 5 replies

Ergh...

Jennyboo

Aug 11, 2006, 8:36 PM
So a guy walks up to me, he had just come from Best Buy (I am a Sprint Corporate employee) and said that the salesperson there sent him to come here a get a new phone.

He continues on by saying that he opened a new line of service on his account at Best Buy and returned the phone within the 14 days because he didn't like it. We have the phone he likes here, so they sent him to get the new customer price from us on a line they set up. 🙄

I told him the only way we could give him that price is if he cancelled the line altogether and opened it up with us, since we are not associated with Best Buy my manager told me we cannot just give him the new customer price.

When I told the guy this he says he doesn't want to lose that p...
(continues)
Nikoletta

Aug 11, 2006, 8:57 PM
I take a bit of special pleasure noting when a customer becomes irate and cursing. It's probably petty of me but if they're going to get mean and rude like that I'm not going to just ignore it, though in truth it's funny to me that they think that flying off the handle is going to do them ANY good. It's actually the exact opposite... if you start cursing at the rep the only thing the rep starts thinking about is getting you out of the store (or off the phone) and away from them. They're no longer thinking I really want to help this person get the most for his/her money and time.

I make sure I note exactly what the situation was (Customer is upset because the account is in his wife's name and we cannot release any information to ...
(continues)
So Cal 1155

Aug 12, 2006, 7:43 AM
hehehehehe 🤣 If ya ONLY knew, the notes I've seen....
ANYWHERE FROM: "Cust came in to store (st.#) irrate about his bill. Cust screamed at the host, myself, and the store manager. Manager asked cust to leave...after a few min cust left. CUST IS NOW BANNED FROM STORE (st#) !!!!"
ALSO SEEN THIS: "Cust came in to ask about his bill. As I was answering his questions, cust began to curse at me. Advised cust if he continued to curse I would no longer help him. He then continued to get in my face, and insult me with racial slurs. At that point, I called the manager, who came out to cont. assistance, same reaction from customer. Mgr then asked him to leave. Cust refused to leave, and continued to yell and harrass other employees. Cust given ...
(continues)
guido1869

Aug 12, 2006, 10:24 AM
i know that they've written some messed up stuff on my acct
i tend to get very angry when they tell me that things can't be done when i know full well that they can, even after i tell them that i work for vzw they still try to tell me lies and make up stuff, i know that i'm being an a$$hole sometimes but only after i'm lied to and that attitude usually gets results
ralph_on_me

Aug 12, 2006, 10:34 AM
I just hang up and call back. It's usually quicker than complaining.
guido1869

Aug 12, 2006, 10:39 AM
i'll actually wait for a sup to complain because if they are lieing to customers then they deserve the complaint on their file and most people don't know enough to know that they are being lied to

on the other side if i get good service i will wait for a sup to commend them

i know it takes more time but to me it's worth it

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.