Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 17 replies

Thank you! I couldn't have said it better.

diana1gd

Aug 10, 2006, 8:50 PM
I found this comment at MSNBC.com after reading a thread in the Cingular forum. This person said it all!!! I love it 😁

Link to original post on phonescoop:

https://www.phonescoop.com/carriers/forum.php?fm=m&f ... »

Link to MSNBC

http://redtape.msnbc.com/2006/08/sneaky_fee_aler.htm ... »

People buy cell phones with false expectations. The things I have heard come out of people's mouths are unreal. A cell phone is a cell phone. Nothing is 100%. Nothing is perfection. Weather and peak usage times CAN affect your service. Dropping your phone CAN affect your service. No, you might not get EVERY call that is placed to your cell phone. Yes, you MAY drop a call. Yes, you MAY get a defective phone. Yes you have agreed ...
(continues)
WhoDey

Aug 10, 2006, 9:50 PM
I... I love you man.
This is getting posted in my back room, and if my manager wouldnt fire me, at my front door..lol
diana1gd

Aug 11, 2006, 10:08 AM
I think everyone should be required to read it before stepping foot in a cell phone store...
chainsaw

Aug 11, 2006, 10:45 AM
I want to give this to every customer.
theycallmeanerd78

Aug 11, 2006, 11:00 AM
That is awsome!!! I'm actually going to retype this and print it out fr each new activation i do. hopefully they will take the time to read it.
guido1869

Aug 11, 2006, 11:06 AM
diana1gd said:
Verizon DOES have an upgrade fee. Sometimes it is waived on the PRIMARY line.

VZW doesn't have an upgrade fee. I have never seen it charged and have had my own service with them for 6 years I have never been charged or even had to have one waived
WhoDey

Aug 11, 2006, 11:47 AM
Theyre supposed to.
Im supposed to every time, sometimes I dont. If you adhere to all the rules posted in the first post, maybe Ill waive it.
guido1869

Aug 11, 2006, 11:50 AM
i have never waived one, didn't know i was supposed to waive any, and was under the impression that there was nothing to waive

vzw does charge for number changes but those are waived if you change due to harassing calls
Jennyboo

Aug 11, 2006, 1:07 PM
This is one of the best things I've ever read posted on this site!!

Absolutely to the point
spidermon

Aug 11, 2006, 3:27 PM
Wow that was amazing you could have that published. 😎
Jennyboo

Aug 11, 2006, 3:43 PM
What did that msnbc article say?

I have mucho restricted internet access here....

Would anyone be able to post it up for me so I can read it....pleeeease 😁
diana1gd

Aug 11, 2006, 4:17 PM
Believe me if coulda wrote that first, i would have it published!!!
diana1gd

Aug 11, 2006, 4:16 PM
I tried posting the whole article, but it doesn't let you copy and paste...not sure why. To even post that one comment i wanted to share, i had to hit "select all, copy" and then paste the whole thing onto Microsoft Word. Then i just copied the section i wanted from there and pasted it here for our enjoymentπŸ™‚ I'm sure there was probably an easier way to go about it though...glad everyone got a kick out of it. i'm sharing it with all my reps.

Everybody enjoy your weekend 😁
PolarIce

Aug 15, 2006, 12:20 AM
BEAUTIFUL... post it for many of the east coast customers of Sprint who call lockline insurance...
GodHatesMe

Aug 15, 2006, 3:26 PM
Not just the east coast customers. All of the customers. I hate a lot of the people I talk to that want everything for free.
htjouster

Aug 15, 2006, 12:40 AM
I lived the cell phone sales life for three years and this is both what happened daily as well as what eventually made me quit.
beyond

Aug 15, 2006, 12:25 PM
"Every company I know of HAS an upgrade fee. Verizon DOES have an upgrade fee. Sometimes it is waived on the PRIMARY line."

Vzw DOES NOT HAVE AN UPGRADE FEE YOU ARE WRONG!
cilvzwagent

Aug 15, 2006, 2:47 PM
Nope, no upgrade fee's with VZW. We don't feel a need to charge our customers any additional "loyalty" fees to stay with us.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.