Aug 10, 2006, 8:09 PM
"So does the 'mail in rebate' come in the mail?"

That's all I have to say about him.
go.ta...

Aug 10, 2006, 8:11 PM
🤣
Totally agreed..I want to hang a sign that says,
"If I say MAIL-IN-REBATE, please do not ask:
Is that rebate an instant rebate? Does that rebate come in the mail? Do I have to mail that rebate in? So are you going to give me that rebate now?" 😳
Darkinday

Aug 10, 2006, 8:12 PM
mail in rebate = check in mail.
Jennyboo

Aug 10, 2006, 8:15 PM
lol, what are people thinking sometimes

Whats up Darkinday
GodHatesMe

Aug 10, 2006, 8:19 PM
Sounds about par for the course when it comes to the average customer.
Nikoletta

Aug 10, 2006, 8:42 PM
yep
spidermon

Aug 11, 2006, 3:34 PM
I hate mail in rebates. I understand there use but I hate that most people are so lazy they ask me to fill them out for them. Instead of mail in rebates I wish they would let us as reps discount with a bit more freedom that way the nicer/better the customer the better the price. 😎
Nikoletta

Aug 11, 2006, 3:37 PM
I completely agree but that doesn't make the question he asked any less stupid.
guido1869

Aug 11, 2006, 4:05 PM
i've bought 3 phones this year and mailed off for rebates on all 3
the rebate center claims they only got one of them and the others must have been lost in the mail
i eventually got a sup in cust service to approve crediting my acct for the "lost" rebates
krickt

Aug 11, 2006, 5:24 PM
We get that all the time. We have the custy fill out the form, we take a copy of the upc and the reciept staple it all together, put it in an envelope, lable it and put a stamp on it. If it's a family we put them all three (with three separate staples) in the envelope. I always laugh when they get a letter saying they get one rebate, but they never recieved the others. When we talk to the rebate center they always say, "Quit doing all that for the customer, it makes us have to pay out more money!" But they always issue the checks. Rebates are scams. I sell more discontinued and un rebatable phones than I sell anything else, because people hate rebates.
guido1869

Aug 11, 2006, 5:32 PM
i think that you can only put one rebate per envelope
cellphoneguy

Aug 11, 2006, 5:33 PM
that is true
ralph_on_me

Aug 11, 2006, 5:38 PM
You're also usually supposed to send in the original UPC, not a copy. If a sales rep wants to do them a favor they should fill it out the RIGHT way and educate the consumer on what do to instead of purposely screwing it up.
cellphoneguy

Aug 11, 2006, 5:43 PM
done that many times
krickt

Aug 12, 2006, 9:19 AM
Not for us, we don't. It says on the form, a copy of the upc.
krickt

Aug 12, 2006, 9:24 AM
No, you can do more. We have discovered that if you put them in more than one envelope that they lose them at the same frequency. They don't like to get them that way, but it works at about the same failure/success rate. If I'm paying for the stamps, which I am, we put up to 3 in each one.
ralph_on_me

Aug 11, 2006, 4:42 PM
I like MIRs because they give the customer a bigger discount but let the point of sale make a little more money. I take the time to fill out every rebate form I give to a customer. I also cut out the original UPC, and make a xerox copy of the original to include with their paperwork. All the customer has to do is address an envelope and stamp it. If it does become "lost", they have a backup because I made them a copy.

I wish the rebates printed up automatically though. The contracts generate and are printed after we enter the phone information. We have automatic rebates that print for VIP customers, so I know they can do it for everyone. They just don't. Hoes.
krickt

Aug 11, 2006, 5:25 PM
Oh, that would make my life perfect, if we could just print up pre-filled rebate forms! Wow. We don't cut the upc, just make copies. And we keep spare copies for emergencies.
motosux

Aug 11, 2006, 4:19 PM
that's almost as good as "How much are your 'free' phones?"

true question.
Nikoletta

Aug 11, 2006, 4:24 PM
"Fifteen Dollars."
vzwgal21

Aug 11, 2006, 9:02 PM
so i had a woman come in today wanting to know where her mail in rebate was....I pulled up her account and she had purchased her phone in march of 2004 😳 a little late
Jennyboo

Aug 12, 2006, 9:22 AM
That's always a hoot when they come in two years after buying their phone saying they didn't get a rebate...

ummm and you want me to do something about that NOW?!?

🙄
krickt

Aug 12, 2006, 9:25 AM
We get that almost every day. Drives me absolutely nuts.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.