Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 41 replies

This is not a business woman's phone!

GodHatesMe

Aug 8, 2006, 5:07 PM
So I had a sup call a while back where this woman called in complaining that we sent her a Sanyo 7400 instead of her 8300.

Her: This is not a business woman's phone! It has freaking rubber around it and I'm not a construction worker.

Me: I'm sorry that you don't like the appearance ma'am however through the insurance we replace by features.

Her: Well how am I supposed to go to meetings with this thing? I need a phone that does what I need it to.

Me: It does ma'am, it is exactly like you're old phone.

Her: Well I want my old phone and I don't see why you people don't take the look of the phone into consideration.

Me: Because I would assume that if you're a business woman like you say then you would be more concerned with...
(continues)
GodHatesMe

Aug 8, 2006, 5:17 PM
Since I've explained a lot of the issues that plague me while working for a wireless insurance company, I was wondering if you guys could share some of your bad experiences with us. I just want to know what you're experiences have been and what you're opinons of us our. Also, I could help explain some of the things that have happened to you and let you know whether or not we should have done that.
cellphoneguy

Aug 8, 2006, 5:19 PM
please dont get me started on sprint 👿
GodHatesMe

Aug 8, 2006, 5:21 PM
There's no way you hate them more than I do. I get more complaints about them from the insurance customers than I did from AT&T customers when I worked for them directly. 👿
cellphoneguy

Aug 8, 2006, 5:22 PM
agreed i used to work for atnt to
MeatballzNGravy

Aug 8, 2006, 5:32 PM
Me too!! 😁 But I F'in loved working for AT&T. Go Blue !
American Telephone and Te

Aug 8, 2006, 6:27 PM
My sentiments exactly blue was the best to work for.
3ntropy

Aug 8, 2006, 8:09 PM
aparently, at&t had plans that fit the customers needs, they took care of their long lasting customers, their customer service was great, employees enjoyed them and they had great benefits...no wonder they got bought out, the fools. dont' they know you shouldn't treat people well? 👀
Nikoletta

Aug 8, 2006, 6:10 PM
Gotta say I'm not a big Sprint fan either. It has it's uses but not for me and my friend is getting SHAFTED on a Sprint plan and won't hear it from me that there are tons of better options out there for him. (It's paying $80 a month, has features he never uses, and his coverage isn't particularly good... But he fusses that he's got unlimited minutes... I asked him, what's the most you've ever used, 900? Right, so you really only need a plan with 1000 minutes and you'd be fine. We've got one with unlimited nights and weekends that's $50... even with a message and data bundle (which I don't think he needs either) he's not going to break $60 a month and that'll probably be more than he needs. He can be a real idiot sometimes though and won'...
(continues)
craptacularwireless

Aug 8, 2006, 6:16 PM
Some people are bullheaded like that. They know they should listen to you, but don't because they're much too prideful to be wrong. 🙄
Nikoletta

Aug 8, 2006, 5:42 PM
I gotta say, I'd be torqued as hell if I got an insurance replacement on a phone and got something that wasn't close... at least not without them talking to me about it and giving me some choice. I'm pretty vain about my phone and I can honestly say it would probably piss me off something fierce to get a totally different phone.
GodHatesMe

Aug 8, 2006, 5:54 PM
Well bear in mind that we have obligations with Sprint that we can't just send out any old phone just because they don't like it. Granted I like my phone too but if they didn't have the phone available I would prefer a phone that had the same capabilities instead of one that looked cool. Plus, how are we supposed to know what you think looks good and what doesn't?
Nikoletta

Aug 8, 2006, 6:03 PM
Well and with ours, the only phone that's close to mine is a V360 (I have a T609) but it's not a mega-pixel camera and it's a Motorola and I loathe Motorola phones. Or there's the T809, which is feature wise the same except the 809 is slider... which I wouldn't mind... how exacting though are they in how the features match up? If it's a case like mine where there is nothing else that is the same exactly feature wise and form, how do you pick.

I don't think you'll know what I like but I would appreciate it if it were discussed with me so that I at least had some options, say give me two or three phones to choose from if I can't have mine back... that won't work for a lot of people because a lot of people are idiots.
GodHatesMe

Aug 8, 2006, 6:22 PM
Well in your case if we didn't have anything that all of the same features, we would give you a phone that had all of those and more. Sometimes we have to upgrade customers phones to get all the old features. The funniest one I ever saw was this guy had this old phone (don't remember the model) that I had to search for on google because phonescoop didn't even have it. This guy had a phone with absolutely no big features EXCEPT it had an Mp3 player. I had to give this guy a phone with a video camera and memory card slot just so I could get him an Mp3 phone.

Also, the reason we don't give options is because it deplet our stock of a single phone because inevitably customers prefer one phone over the other, if that happens then the people...
(continues)
Nikoletta

Aug 8, 2006, 6:31 PM
Fair enough... but in my case the only phone we had with all those features isn't a flip, it's a slider... or there are the MDA (Tornado) and SDA (Wizard) and the Sidekick which would also give the same features, none of which are flips... just curious, I don't even have the insurance so it's moot but interesting.
GodHatesMe

Aug 8, 2006, 6:46 PM
Yeah we have a lot of interesting situations come up. I think the big thing that people don't realize is that the agents cannot select a phone themselves, so it's not like they are refusing to ship an available phone just out of spite, it's because it's not in the warehouse and our company will place an order for a back-ordered phone unless they absolutely have to.
Nikoletta

Aug 9, 2006, 1:15 PM
With sprint you have some pretty reasonable deductibles too don't you? My brother had Sprint for a while and was super rough on his phone and destroyed (totally destroyed) two in two years and got them replaced for not a lot.
GodHatesMe

Aug 9, 2006, 1:23 PM
Yeah, the deductible's $50 each time. I know that's also the same with Cingular too.

The only catch is that if you have 2 replacements within 12 months of each other the insurance goest bye-bye for one year. After that you can re-enroll as long as you have a phone that is 30 days old or less.

But once again this all goes back to my other post about us being a business.
GodHatesMe

Aug 8, 2006, 6:17 PM
I'm not saying I don't understand why people like certain designs and I know that factors in somewhat to what phone you buy, but the facts of life are that you don't always get what you want. And at least we actually try to make them happy.
Nikoletta

Aug 8, 2006, 6:23 PM
Yeah but you should at least get what you pay for. Though in her case I don't see why she was pissing and moaning, they were only slightly different... though her 8300 was smaller and lighter, the 7400 seems like a bit of a beefy thing.
GodHatesMe

Well in your case if we didn't have anything that all of the same features, we would give you a phone that had all of those and more. Sometimes we have to upgrade customers phones to get all the old features. The funniest one I ever saw was this guy had this old phone (don't remember the model) that I had to search for on google because phonescoop didn't even have it. This guy had a phone with absolutely no big features EXCEPT it had an Mp3 player. I had to give this guy a phone with a video camera and memory card slot just so I could get him an Mp3 phone.

Also, the reason we don't give options is because it depletes our stock of a single phone because inevitably customers prefer one phone over the other, if that happens then the people w...
(continues)
ralph_on_me

Aug 8, 2006, 6:43 PM
Our insurance provider is Lockline, and they're not too bad but I have a few things that bugger me.

The first is reconditioned phones. I don't think a customer should get a new phone, the one they had was probably "well used" before it broke, but there are people that come in with their phones from insurance that just don't work. (The problem is worse from xbm though)

The second is that we used to be able to charge a customer the difference from their old phone to a newer one on top of the deductable if they wanted a new model. Customers loved that, and now we can't do that. Customers hate that.

Thirdly, I once got in an arguement with an insurance rep because he wanted to deny a customer her insurance claim. The phone had no e...
(continues)
GodHatesMe

Aug 8, 2006, 6:52 PM
Three things.

1. We ship a reconditioned phone probably 85% of the time. The only time we don't is if we don't have one in stock.

2. You may be able to charge customers the difference, but we can't. And we had a lot of customers call in saying that we could upgrade them by paying the difference. All we do is collect a deductible (if it's damaged, if it's not and they have extended warranty coverage it's free) and then we ship the phone.

3. There is no difference whether it's filed as liquid damage or physical damage. It's a deductible all the same. They were probably denying the claim because she didn't have warranty coverage and we can get sued if we file a claim for damage when we don't have any proof. It's not that we don't b...
(continues)
ralph_on_me

Aug 9, 2006, 10:24 AM
1. I wish we used you as our insurance provider.

2. I know you can't have them pay the difference, I just miss the days when claims were done in store so we could help out the customer that way.

3. That makes sense. Her phone "could've" been covered under warranty, but it very likely wouldn't have been. There should be some sort of waiver for those situations.
krickt

Aug 8, 2006, 9:32 PM
We don't use Lockline, we use Signal. They actually turned down a claim today because the liquid damage was sweat instead of water. The brochure says that liquid damage is covered, what difference should it make if the liquid is sweat or water or whatever.
k
GodHatesMe

Aug 8, 2006, 11:19 PM
That's rediculous, my company would have covered that. And honestly, I can say with 90%that The Signal is probably required to cover that, you probably just got an idiot rep. You would be amazed the stuff we have had to fire people for over what they told to the customer.
GodHatesMe

Aug 9, 2006, 12:26 PM
Ralph, I wish every rep were like you, then I wouldn't have to go home and assault senior citizens at the end of the day just to get my aggression out.
Pslim77

Aug 9, 2006, 5:48 PM
My favorite is when a customer calls up and says to insurance co. the phone has malfunctioned. They are trying to be technical with the ins. rep. The rep instead of hearing out the problem with the phone tells the customer that is a warranty issue and sends them back to me.
GodHatesMe

Aug 9, 2006, 5:49 PM
We only send them back to the store because these customers refuse to ellaborate with us and then we have no choice but to send them to the store so we can get a straight answer out of the rep.
GodHatesMe

Aug 8, 2006, 5:27 PM
I just think it's sad because they have good rate plans and phones but they have crappy customer service. No offense to any Sprint reps on the post because I'm sure if you're posting on this forum then you're not one of the idiot masses. 😁
MeatballzNGravy

Aug 8, 2006, 5:49 PM
🤣 🤣 Business woman 🤣 🤣

Thats such an oxymoron !!!
Nikoletta

Aug 8, 2006, 6:11 PM
Come over here so I can beat you.
BennyBoy940

Aug 9, 2006, 8:48 PM
kick his butt that was about the sexist comment i have ever heard!!!!!
GodHatesMe

Aug 9, 2006, 8:52 PM
BennyBoy940 said:
kick my butt! I'm a nuisance to everyone around me! blockquote>
GodHatesMe

Aug 8, 2006, 6:23 PM
🤣 🤣 That was messed up. 🤣 🤣
cellphoneguy

😲
MeatballzNGravy

Aug 9, 2006, 8:14 AM
🤣 🤣 I was just playing, calm down sparky ! 🙄
Nikoletta

Aug 9, 2006, 1:27 PM
You don't want a beating? So sad.
GodHatesMe

Aug 9, 2006, 12:24 PM
Like I said, I don't expect anyone on this post to be stupid, and I'm not trying to single any company out because when I worked for AT&T I dealt with many people who were wastes of space. I've also dealt with several cool Sprint reps but I don't have any insurance horror stories about anyone else so please don't take the post wrong. 😁
Jennyboo

Aug 9, 2006, 10:18 AM
I am a Sprint rep, and I am not one of the idiot masses. I've been doing this for 4 years with them now, and never once had a problem with either customer care, Lockline, or the service. But to each their own.

As far as them sending out a 7400 for an 8300...I actually think the 7400 is a better phone. It seems to hold up really well...I've had mine for over a year and it is the best phone I've ever owned. But again, to each their own.

People generally don't complain about the replacments they get from Lockline, they have actually been very helpful in every instance with me. I've only had them deny a customer once, and that was because the customer lied to the rep. Her phone was water damaged and she told Lockline that she didn't know...
(continues)
StarryNight

Aug 9, 2006, 12:11 PM
I, also, am a Sprint rep, and again, not one of the idiot masses. I think it's pretty safe to say that in EVERY carrier, in EVERY call center, with EVERY insurance provider, and in EVERY store, there are morons. I'm willing to bet that I've heard the same exact complaints from Verizon customers, Unicel customers, Cingy customers, etc. that you guys have all heard about Sprint. So no ganging up on us 🙂

I have had my own issues within this company, but for every useless, un-helpful, moronic rep i've dealt with, I've gotten an equally wonderful, motivated, and super helpful rep (when I've hung up and called back). Just goes to show, you can weed out most idiots during the interview process, but some just slip on through.
WhoDey

Aug 9, 2006, 10:23 PM
Who are you talking to in employee care that isnt a blithering idiot?
Can I get their direct line.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.