Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 74 replies

Well that was uncomfortable.

alejandro

Aug 7, 2006, 7:28 PM
Some old dude (50ish) came up to look at plans and look at our local coverage area and said "Lewisberg is spelled wrong on your map" it should be "burg" it was probably written by some wetback.

To which his wife replies "You should let them know they spelled it wrong, but they probably wouldnt listen to you.

To which I replied, "Yeah, but that's because I'm just a wetback."

Made the rest of describing the plans uncomfortable for me and them. Later he said "well I could have said sand n*ggers" just kidding im not biggoted in any way.

He wasn't a redneck either, he was a professionally dressed old dude. Typical republican. It is really hard to stay anti racist with so many stupid white people.

Whitehorse, control your people.
alejandro

Aug 7, 2006, 7:32 PM
I ended those quotes prematurely, he said

"well I could have said sand n*ggers, just kidding im not biggoted in any way."
GodHatesMe

Aug 7, 2006, 7:38 PM
It's retards like those that say that stuff and then walk around wondering why race relations are so poor. That guy deserves to be castratet and then put in room butt naked with a newly released sex offender.
GodHatesMe

Aug 7, 2006, 7:38 PM
*castrated*. Sorry 😁
craptacularwireless

Aug 7, 2006, 7:39 PM
🤣
OII_MOO

Aug 7, 2006, 10:12 PM
That kind of ignorance in some white people pisses me off. Sometimes it makes me feel ashamed to be white 😢
Hayate

Aug 10, 2006, 1:27 PM
People need to stop getting so offended by stupid stuff so easily. I have a pretty diverse group of friends (white, black, Mexican, Asyrian, gay) and all of us make racist jokes and comments all the time. They're funny just like any other joke. Generalizing and saying white people are bad because they're "ignorant" is no different than that guy saying that something must've been written by a wetback.

And the fact is, most racial stereotypes wouldn't even be around if different race groups didn't do so much to make themselves stand out so much. Most stereotypes are accurate a large percentage of the time; that's why they exist to begin with.

The white man didn't just say hey, I know...let's say that Mexican people immigrate here ill...
(continues)
alejandro

Aug 12, 2006, 1:33 PM
Listen sh*thead, what you and your friends do is between you and your friends. My friends call me a spic and a wetback because I say it's ok, if you ever come up to me and call me a wetback i will beat the living sh*t out of you, now how is that for sensitivity?

People like you are a part of the problem. Not a part of the solution.
craptacularwireless

Aug 12, 2006, 1:55 PM
Bingo.
Hayate

Aug 12, 2006, 3:31 PM
For one, the guy in your story didn't call you a wetback. He said the word wetback towards no one in particular, and really in the context it was used it wasn't the slightest bit offensive. If he looked at you and said "Hey, you're the one who misspelled this and I think it's because you're a wetback" that could be considered offensive.

However, the fact that you have a legitimate job means that you are not an illegal immigrant which is what the term wetback refers to in the first place. So since he was not directing the comment at you there was no reason to take offense.

His comment was a reference to the illegal immigration problem in this country, and there is no denying that there are tons of illegal immigra...
(continues)
alejandro

Aug 12, 2006, 4:10 PM
Ok, you miss the part where I moved on from him and I was talking directly to you, about you, if I thought a j-pop kid was a threat to anyone the would would be turned upside down. I was telling you, not to call me a wetback. In fact I want your mexican friends number so I can explain that he needs to tell you that that is something you guys can do, and he needs to explain to you that you are not allowed to do that to strangers.

Why would I call you a cracker? I don't have a problem with white people. I (unlike you) do not type phonetically how I think they talk to mock them, I do not cast genuine dispersions on where people live or their situation in life (i.e. living on a reservation).

Looking back on your posts it seems my snap judg...
(continues)
alejandro

Aug 12, 2006, 4:23 PM
I don't think there is an english word for it, but I will get back to you on that and we will see how you like it.
Hayate

Aug 12, 2006, 5:21 PM
I didn't actually call you a wetback at any point in time. And my friends and I don't run around directing racial slurs at people we don't know. However, if someone makes a comment like the one your customer made (one that isn't directed at anyone in particular), people shouldn't freak out about it and get offended.

Really, the "problem" is people that get offended by nonsense like this. I love how people can be called any number of insults but as soon as it refers to race it suddenly becomes a huge deal. If I called you an a**hole you wouldn't care, but if I called you a wetback you'd beat the living sh*t out of me. Brilliant.

As far as the reservation comment, if you lived here you'd understand. Before I lived up here my friend...
(continues)
alejandro

Aug 12, 2006, 5:32 PM
I'm trying to make you understand that you should not, and I still need your friends number, I do not believe you when you say you wouldn't do that. I would like to think you keep your prejudices to yourself, but you share them with people on cell phone sites. I don't care about your personal encounters, those are personal and I don't care about your justifications for your racism.

You obviously didn't read the whole thread since when I corrected his behavior he tried to say "Well I could have said sand n*gger"

C'mon, tell me no Japanese kid has ever called you it! Do you know any Japanese people in Arizona? You would really fit in well in Japan, it's one of the most racist countries on earth. Too bad they wouldn't accept you.
Hayate

Aug 12, 2006, 8:14 PM
I did read the whole thread and again, who cares? Oh my god he said sand n*gger. Are you middle-eastern? No. Did he say it to someone who was in a way that would insult them? No. So why the heck should this bother you?

And I'm not racist, I don't hate people because they aren't white, I don't treat them differently. I am simply intelligent enough to recognize common traits when I see them instead of being so f*cking concerned with political correctness that I act like it's somehow bad to acknowledge such things.

Am I wrong about what I've said? Are there not a lot of illegal immigrants in this country that have come here from Mexico? Are there not a lot of fat people that eat too much or don't exercise enough? Are there not a...
(continues)
alejandro

Aug 13, 2006, 11:06 AM
Wow... Do you realize how much of an ass you look like... right now?
alejandro

Aug 13, 2006, 11:50 AM
Ok, first off to address you backpedding, Dropping words like "wetback" and "sand n*gger" to people you don't know in a setting that is supposed to be professional is for the weakest of minds and the most retarded of people. Defending it to justify your own feelings is just as bad.

Do address your retarded "point" that these are mere observations how do you justify "sand n*gger"? You don't, you just say something stupid "What should it matter to you?"

Are there any doubts in your mind that "wetback" and "sand n*gger" are not positive words to celebrate differences between people? I really need to talk to your friend. Not because I doubt he exists, you live in Arizona, but because I really (to put it in bold words you can underst...
(continues)
Hayate

Aug 13, 2006, 4:25 PM
You seem to like calling people retarded when you think they're stupid. That's just as discriminatory and offensive as any of the things I've said. Some people (those who have retarded family members) would take great offense to such a thing. If you're so damned concerned with political correctness when it comes to race issues, you should probably not be a hypocrite when it comes to other comments like that.

My point about the racism thing isn't that saying sand n*gger or wetback is 100% appropriate and should be encouraged. I'm just saying people need to quit being so concerned about other people's actions and words when it doesn't affect them. That guy saying wetback and sand n*gger had no impact on your life. You let it upset you...
(continues)
alejandro

Aug 13, 2006, 4:37 PM
And if I call you a moron I am insulting all of the genuinely nice morons in the world.

"My point about the racism thing isn't that saying sand n*gger or wetback is 100% appropriate."

Welcome to backpedaling for racists 101 class, what he wants to say is that its only 99.9999% appropriate in his view because he hates when black people give him a bad look when he gives them a bad look He thinks its 100% appropriate but is now trying to soften his view so he doesn't look like such an ass.

And stop talking politics, everything you say negative about Bush or this countries policies as a whole makes every logical person look like a prick by association. You do nobody favors who you claim to share that specific ideology with when you are...
(continues)
Hayate

Aug 13, 2006, 6:45 PM
You really are an idiot. And the moron comment was really clever. Very nice, especially since it actually has nothing to do with the conversation while the comment I made about using the term retarded actually fit in to the conversation. But that's ok, people like you are fun to argue with for that very reason.

I wasn't backpedaling or trying to soften my view or any other such nonsense. I was simply saying that I'm not saying it's a wonderful great thing that everyone should do, but instead it's something people should just get over and not b*tch about so much. People say a lot of stupid things, 99% of which have no real affect on anyone's life. It's idiots like you that get offended so freaking easily that are the problem.

As f...
(continues)
furkitfox

Aug 13, 2006, 7:56 PM
My turn! I'm new on this forum. I'm going to be hired at Cingular soon (hopefully), so I figure I should start talking and stuff. This seems like an interesting and simultaneously frustrating conversation to involve myself with.

Anyway, let me first say that I know how it feels to be a minority. I know how it feels to be insulted for and ridiculed because you're in that minority. I've had people yell things at me out of a car window, "Go back to San Fransisco where you belong!" I've been called f*got, given dirty looks. I have multitudes of people trying to pass laws and amend constitutions in order to take away my rights and the rights of my friends. Why? No reason that I can truly understand. Every generation just needs groups ...
(continues)
ralph_on_me

Aug 14, 2006, 12:03 PM
People who are mentally handicapped are not retarded.

People who spill hot coffee in their lap and then sue because the coffee wasn't labeled "hot" are retarded.

The terms retard, idiot, and moron all came from IQ testing. They were used to label different ranges of IQ scores and were not originally attached to any group other than those people who tested in that range.

I hate the term "race". When people continue to use it they're perpetuating the myth that we're not all homo sapiens. Humans have cultural groups, but we are only one species.
furkitfox

Aug 14, 2006, 12:13 PM
The word retarded does originate in IQ testing, yes. However, so does - to a certain extent - deciding whether or not people are mentally handicapped. So the two words are linked.

Still, regardless of these word's origins, my points about them and their usage - plus their offensiveness towards different groups - remains the same.
alejandro

Aug 14, 2006, 12:16 PM
i was really trying to move this to the lounge.....
ralph_on_me

Aug 14, 2006, 12:19 PM
I agree. They've become used for inappropraite things, which does unfortunately happen, and that's our fault for letting them. Many words and symbols have been perverted into derogatory meanings that we need to be aware of, and just because they were originally benign doesn't mean we can use them freely today with no consequence.

All that being said, I don't take offense at the word retarded. I do have mentally hadicapped family. I don't think of him as retarded ever. It just doesn't cross my mind. I do think the jerk in front of me who can't drive is retarded.
alejandro

Aug 14, 2006, 12:22 PM
Yeah, I have a family member with downsyndrome and never viewed her like that. Hyaku-hayate is retarded.
Hayate

Aug 14, 2006, 12:41 PM
Again, you're an idiot and completely miss the point. If I say wetback in front of you you get pissed off and get offended but if someone says retarded you have no problem dismissing that as just another part of the English language, nothing more than a harmless thing people say. Why? Because you don't view her in a negative way. Do you view Mexicans in a negative way, or do you think that all Mexicans are wetbacks? If not, how is it any different? Why can't you just say hey, that's just part of our language and the guy didn't mean anything horrible by it.

He wasn't saying it was written by a Mexican who immigrated legally (or was simply born here to begin with) and speaks English and is holding down a legitimate job, but rather sug...
(continues)
alejandro

Aug 14, 2006, 12:43 PM
i still want your friends number
Hayate

Aug 14, 2006, 1:01 PM
Is that the best you can do? You've run out of petty irrelevant insults and given up on trying to change the subject so you just want my friend's number? I'm disappointed in you. I was really thinking that at some point you might actually try to address some of the things I (and furkitfox) have said and maybe make this a decent debate. Too bad...
ralph_on_me

Aug 14, 2006, 1:07 PM
The initial man with the poor choice of words was a bigot. It's not because of the words he used, but because of what he said. His comment meant, "I'm smarter than this culture." If his comment was, "I'm smarter than whomever wrote this," he might be a little arrogant but quite possibly correct.
alejandro

Aug 14, 2006, 1:11 PM
No, I already took this to the lounge, you need to take it there, I'm keeping the hostility to a minimum here because this conversation no longer belongs here, you have already been told to take it elsewhere.
alejandro

Aug 12, 2006, 5:34 PM
And for f*cks sake you are named after a Japanese WW2 destroyer!

Enjoying the culture....
alejandro

Aug 7, 2006, 7:40 PM
I'm not gay or anything but I think the only way to punish him is to track him down and rape him on film.
GodHatesMe

Aug 7, 2006, 7:41 PM
🤣 🤣 🤣 That could work too.
Jennyboo

Aug 7, 2006, 7:47 PM
I had this gangter wannabe white dude come up to my kiosk with his gf cause he was having issues with his phone.

As I was trying to fix it, he asks me...very casually I might add:

Him: How do you work here with all the s**cs g**ks and n***ers everywhere.

His gf: 😳

Me: 😳 (handed his phone back) My best friends are asian and mexican, my co-worker is black/puerto rican mix, and my best guy friend is persian. I would advise you to take your business elsewhere...

Him: 🤭

He left, didn't put up a fight. I think his gf was largely part of that, I think even she was embarrased to be there with him.
craptacularwireless

Aug 7, 2006, 7:51 PM
When will they learn?
cloud2819

Aug 8, 2006, 11:41 AM
rofl getting back and making someone feel like an ass is always better then keeponh your mouthg shut. 2 wrongs might not make a right but 2 wrongs do make you feel right
Nikoletta

Aug 8, 2006, 12:07 PM
I don't think anything Jenny said was wrong, the guy was totally out of line. She didn't call him anything... just stated a fact, she has multi-ethnic friends and doesn't care for his offensive language. It'd be like telling a customer who just called you a sh1the@d to please leave the store, he was being crude, she wasn't.
Jennyboo

Aug 8, 2006, 12:25 PM
Exactly, I just hope his gf slapped him for saying that....I wanted to kick his a$$ to the moon and back.

He was just some white nazi jackhole racist, I do not tolerate that
cloud2819

Aug 8, 2006, 1:33 PM
😉

i would have have just told him to ST FU and mostly likely that would have been the wrong thing to say but i wouldnt really care
Jennyboo

Aug 8, 2006, 1:41 PM
That is what I really wanted to say

STFU racist piece of sh!t, go to h3ll and never come back here you phuckin wanker
ralph_on_me

Aug 8, 2006, 5:12 PM
Is it a good thing that I don't know what most of the words you edited are supposed to be?
craptacularwireless

Aug 8, 2006, 6:19 PM
Perhaps... or it could be that they don't use those particular racial slurs in your neck of the woods.🙂
ralph_on_me

Aug 8, 2006, 6:44 PM
I'm quite happy living in my bubble.
craptacularwireless

Aug 7, 2006, 7:39 PM
Wow. I like how he immediately said he isn't racist. Right. That's like stealing something and then saying you're not a thief.
alejandro

Aug 7, 2006, 7:41 PM
I should have given him my card and helped him pronounce Arroyo.
alejandro

Aug 7, 2006, 7:42 PM
But his wife asked me where I was born, to which I said Fresno. She said "Well your not a wetback, your American then."

I said "Yeah, I don't really want to be associated with you right now though."
craptacularwireless

Aug 7, 2006, 7:44 PM
You also don't want to be associated with Fresno. Make something up. At least say Clovis.
alejandro

Aug 7, 2006, 7:46 PM
Clovis is worse than Fresno.
craptacularwireless

All right, how about Sanger?
alejandro

Aug 7, 2006, 7:48 PM
Blah, it's all bad. That's why I just say California.
craptacularwireless

Aug 7, 2006, 7:49 PM
🤣 Say Pismo Beach next time. At least that's famous and is not known for anything bad.

Speaking of Pismo, when you lived in Fresno would you go there all the time during Spring Break and summer vacation?
alejandro

Aug 7, 2006, 7:51 PM
That was just when I was little, I only went there to visit grandparents, and I hate the beach. Sometimes I would work at Arte Americas for my grandma. I spent a couple years in Sacramento, but I spent most of my time in So Cal, Glendale and LA
craptacularwireless

Aug 7, 2006, 7:52 PM
Ah, I see. When was the last time you were in Fresno?
alejandro

Aug 7, 2006, 7:55 PM
last october for a month. My grandma was showing me how commercial they have gotten out there with their huge mall area. Went to claim jumper and everything.
craptacularwireless

Aug 7, 2006, 7:57 PM
Yeah, that Fashion Square mall is fricken huge. I used to take my ex there all the time. I hated visiting that damn place. I always felt sick when I'd go there. All the gatdamn pollution would do a number on me. I haven't bee there in over two years. The last time I went was June of '04. I really don't want to go back unless it's necessary.
alejandro

Aug 7, 2006, 7:57 PM
fresno wreaks havoc on my allergies more than any place else i have lived.
alejandro

Aug 7, 2006, 7:58 PM
must be all those wetbacks
craptacularwireless

Aug 7, 2006, 7:59 PM
Oh, definitely. It would affect my allergies so bad that it even made my stomach hurt. I'd feel like crap whenever I was there.

Hey, I'm about to go home. Is there anyway we can set up the ftp thing?
GodHatesMe

Aug 7, 2006, 7:42 PM
He probably would have just told you that that was spelled wrong too.
GodHatesMe

Aug 7, 2006, 7:44 PM
I hate people a little more every day.
alejandro

He was fishing for a common biggotry... what a putz. He may have moved on to chinese people if his wife didn't tell him to stop.
craptacularwireless

Aug 7, 2006, 7:48 PM
Silly, silly white folks.
alejandro

Aug 7, 2006, 8:00 PM
The most shocking part about it is he wasn't a typical redneck. I've gotten way worse. The dude who said I looked like an apple picker when I told him I moved here from washington, needed to have his wife sign his name because he couldn't read or write. You just expect people who dress professionally to be able to hide their bigotries better.
GodHatesMe

Aug 7, 2006, 8:11 PM
This is exactly why I get bad looks all the time in my town. I'm white lower class but I dress reasonably well just because I like to. But thanks to people like these morons who go around spewing racial slurs I have to take the heat for it. I don't understand why anyone would act likt that.
alejandro

Aug 7, 2006, 8:45 PM
I don't blame white people, I really want to out of anger but I know better. Mostly because Anti-Racist groups have the diversity of a klan rally.
deeterman

Aug 8, 2006, 11:47 AM
one time I crashed in my brothers basement and when I woke up I came upstairs into the kitchen where my brother and greeted him with my typical greeting of morning n*gga I said it plenty loud

turns out a mediacom guy was working on the cable internet

the last thing I expected was a black man in my brothers kitchen
bomb Diggity

Aug 8, 2006, 11:54 AM
Every time I see my friends, like when I go over to their house, and they open their door, we yell "N*gg*r!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" really loud and give each other hugs. It's funny as hell.
deeterman

Aug 8, 2006, 11:56 AM
I work with we always say wats up n*gga

another guy is half mexican we call him n*gga brad
GodHatesMe

Aug 13, 2006, 11:23 AM
Hayate said:
I'm a d*ckhead. I can't grasp the concept that conversations amongst friends are different from those among strangers, and that if I said that to someone I didn't know they would kick my a$$.
GodHatesMe

Aug 13, 2006, 4:27 PM
This is annoying. No one cares anymore, I just want to complain about customers some more.
alejandro

Aug 13, 2006, 4:37 PM
heh, will do. If he wants to take it to the lounge i will respond to him there.
GodHatesMe

Aug 13, 2006, 4:40 PM
I'm not talking to you alejandro, you've never annoyed me. I've always enjoyed your posts on this forum. You're definitely one of the brighter members.
alejandro

Aug 13, 2006, 4:44 PM
I appreciate the comment, but you need to at least acknowledge that I am an asshole.
GodHatesMe

Aug 13, 2006, 6:02 PM
🤣 🤣 🤣 I really don't think that, but if you insist... @$$hole. 😁

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.