Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

things that annoy me

MaDMAn121

Aug 6, 2006, 3:05 PM
if your going to mystery shop me by coming in grabbing my card and running at least give me a good score.
bomb Diggity

Aug 6, 2006, 3:15 PM
🤣
VZdubs

Aug 6, 2006, 3:24 PM
my shop this month was pretty close to that. Guy comes up so I greet him and ask how I can help. He says he's just looking. I ask another probing question and he again throws the I'm just looking statement and attitude so I tell to take his time and to grabe me if he has any questions or needs help. After one minute he asks for a brouchure, I open it and start going over plans. He grabs it out of my hands and walks out.

In the shop he only gave me 3pts for name tag and says I didn't try to help him at all and just told him to look around.

What a jerk. Can't even pretend to shop for a living. What a falure in life.

I'm fighting it of course.
3ntropy

Aug 6, 2006, 7:40 PM
good luck with that. i have proof that the idiot shopper got the full spiel, cause i had my associate take notes (they are pretty obvious). he gave me a 50, i got reamed by at least three diferent levels of supervisors, didn't get my comission that month cause i failed, and when i tried to fight it WITH PROOF, they didn't repeal it. so, yeah...good luck.
Hayate

Aug 6, 2006, 9:10 PM
Yeah, I've seen that happen a lot too. We get our commission cut to **** for a month if we get less than an 85 on our secret shops so it's actually really important to us. Half the time they say they're just looking and then run off before you have any chance to help them. Then you get the score sheet back and it says you weren't helpful and didn't try to tell them about all the stuff you're supposed to. Stupid secret shops >_
go.ta...

Aug 6, 2006, 9:21 PM
Hmm...Ive never had a secret shopper...how do you know afterwards that they were the customer who just ran off? 😕
MaDMAn121

Aug 6, 2006, 9:41 PM
secret shoppers are easy to spot first theres either two types ones who actually listen to you talk and they aways ask the question that normal customers don't ask. such as "what type of data service do you provide" and then theres the snatch and run jerks. on a side note most mystery shop companies pay on how many shops a shopper does. after a while you just start making mental notes are in my case I fill out a mystery shop form. if I get a bad shop I just get yelled at if they're taking your pay that really sucks. good thing in cali that's illegal.
go.ta...

Aug 6, 2006, 9:59 PM
ooo. Thank you for explaining 😁
Atavist Arise

Aug 7, 2006, 4:46 PM
it is in arizona too... unless they're taking away comission. they don't even have to pay you that if they don't want to.
Hayate

Aug 9, 2006, 5:26 PM
What I love most about our company's policy on that is I wasn't even made aware of it when I was hired. I found out over a month after I was hired when it happened to another employee. And the great thing is this clause about commission slashing isn't even in our employee handbook (that I wasn't given even when I asked...I had to dig for it on my own). It's on a separate form on the computers at each store. I'm sticking with the job for now because the pay is great, but if my commission ever gets cut for a mystery shop that doesn't know what they're doing, I'll definitely be finding another job @_@
Atavist Arise

Aug 9, 2006, 8:56 PM
I'm almost out of here now... 😕
TIERRA226

Aug 7, 2006, 5:02 PM
I'm a 3pty dealer so I have to qualify the secret shoppers. This one lady who proved to a secret shop after she left, wasn't giving me any clues to what provider she was for. She said she had Cingular, a carrier we don't have, so I asked how many minutes did she use and the monthly rate. She didn't know. What did her friends and family have? She didn't know. This went on for 10 minutes. So I just picked a company that had a good deal on the phones that week and ran with it. I got 67% because she said I promoted Sprint above Verizon. WTH! I had 100% on every other section of the secret shop ( Greeting customers, data plans, etc.) I was mad and I let my rep know.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.