Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 13 replies

PROBLEM WITH TEXT MSGING

teresatanner

Jul 31, 2006, 2:12 PM
i have boostmobile moterola new phone. i was wondering is there anything i can do to not recieve or send text msgs. i tried calling the company they werent no help, so i was wondering if theres any thing i can change in the phone i was thinking the internet@ blah blah thing i just dont know how to find it. do uthink i should try to call the company again that it should be a feature i can block?

some one help!
burger_with_fries81

Jul 31, 2006, 2:38 PM
Your phone must be running low on magical fairy dust and manna. The only solution is to buy a new one.
teresatanner

Jul 31, 2006, 3:02 PM
um i dont get it lol why would i buy a new phone if i dont want text msging on the service plan? lol
bomb Diggity

Jul 31, 2006, 3:07 PM
Because if you badger them enough, they may give you a free one.
MeatballzNGravy

Jul 31, 2006, 3:11 PM
😳 WOW, someone totally fell out of the stupid tree this morning and hit a few bextra branches on the way down.

CS would know best because it is carrier specific if they do it. I know for example with USCC you can block them all together and with TMobile they will not. I have tried many upon a many times with both carriers when I used to work for them and always the same results. To not be able to send them, we used to tell people to go in and jack up the settings so that the messages wouldnt send. By you not being able to send them should cut your load coming in greatly since people will get sick of you not replying and just call you ! 😁
teresatanner

Jul 31, 2006, 3:47 PM
well u see thats the thing if my carrier says there nothing i can do, im trying to find the settings so i can mess with them cuz my sister uses my phone and she ran up my bill for texts 75.00 worth! but in these moterola phones its hard to find the text messeging settings espcially the nextel phones
MeatballzNGravy

Jul 31, 2006, 3:52 PM
Its all going to depend on the type of Moto you have. It could be in the settings or it even could be buried somewhere in the "options" section under messaging.
burger_with_fries81

Jul 31, 2006, 3:54 PM
RTFM
MeatballzNGravy

Jul 31, 2006, 3:59 PM
I highly doubt that the manual will have a section for " How to jack Up Your Text Messaging ! " 🙄
bomb Diggity

Jul 31, 2006, 4:02 PM
Woah dude. Chill. It was a joke.
MeatballzNGravy

Jul 31, 2006, 4:06 PM
🙄 No Sh!t Sherlock. Sounds like someone else should be popping the chill pill. Here you go, heres a little hater-aide to wash it down with. 😉
Nikoletta

Jul 31, 2006, 4:17 PM
On any phone you can simply stop reading the messages, that won't stop them from coming but what WILL happen is eventually her inbox will fill up and you won't be able to get any more in it, then you've effectively blocked it.

Motorola phones do often allow you to block specific programs but it will have the same effect as above.

But this would be a better question to ask in the Boost Forum.
teresatanner

Jul 31, 2006, 4:20 PM
where is the boost forum?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.