Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 18 replies

wow....

slc_vzw_chic

Jul 29, 2006, 6:52 PM
So im new to this forum but i read it all the time at work and the stories just crack me up because im a vzw cs rep and i feel your pain. Taking 80-100 calls a day i usually run across similar situations. Since i cant post from work i just get to read.

so today i get a lady who calls in, here's how it went

me: What can i help you with today?

her: i just dropped my phone in water is there anything i can do to try to stop it from getting ruined.

me: Hurry and take the battery out and use your blow dryer ON COLD AND SLOW and try to get the phone as dry as possible.

cust: okay ill do that. I was also told by a rep at the store to put in a bag of salt.....

me:..........please tell me you didnt take that advised.

her: no

me...
(continues)
cingcing

Jul 29, 2006, 6:55 PM
Rice works well though.
American Telephone and Te

Aug 1, 2006, 7:06 PM
Silica-based cat litter works wonders it’s actually a very efficient desiccant.
Nikoletta

Aug 1, 2006, 7:18 PM
Tehehe, that's because it's probably the same stuff they put in the little desiccator packets in your shoes.

Don't eat it, it's not REALLY chiclets.
craptacularwireless

Aug 1, 2006, 7:20 PM
🀣
Jennyboo

Jul 29, 2006, 6:55 PM
Hey welcome!

A bag of salt.....

its a good thing she didn't do it
VZdubs

Jul 29, 2006, 7:17 PM
🀣...ya, pretty sure they ment rice. 🀣
cingcing

Jul 29, 2006, 7:31 PM
If they didn't, they should have.
BennyBoy940

Jul 30, 2006, 12:47 PM
was she going to serve it to her husband for dinner!?!?~ 🀀
slc_vzw_chic

Jul 30, 2006, 3:03 PM
I guess....i dont know how wise it id to name the new phone the chocolate....
bomb Diggity

Jul 30, 2006, 3:08 PM
Tell her to go buy some ramen noodles, beef flavor ( 🀀 ) That works well too...
Whitehorse

Jul 30, 2006, 3:42 PM
"Bag of Salt???" 😳 🀣 Whomever she spoke with must have had a really evil streak going on that day... 😈
Sholyhit

Jul 31, 2006, 9:30 AM
Lol one of my reps did something like that once. This woman who was dumber than anyone we'd ever talked to kept coming back in with issues like "My phone just powers itself off..." We found out it was because she wasn't charging it... at all. Then she came back with "When someone calls me, the phone shakes... I think it's broken." She had the ring style set to vibrate. It was a bunch of fun stuff like that. She comes in one day, "Yeah... my phone just shut itself off in the middle of a call." My rep told her "Maybe it's low on water." She was like HUH??? He told her that cellphones operate with water power and that's what's in the battery. She took it home and dumped it in her sink. My rep was fired. ☹️
bomb Diggity

Jul 31, 2006, 3:09 PM
Oh dear god I love it. I don't know who that guy was but that definitely puts the icing on the cake. I eat that crap up. Go rep.
burger_with_fries81

Jul 31, 2006, 5:14 PM
That rep is my hero. 😁
chainsaw

Jul 31, 2006, 11:18 AM
slc_vz you work in the call center out west? I work up in midvale!
jcoberg10

Jul 31, 2006, 8:35 PM
I had a customer pluggin their charger into the headset jack! She kept say it wont turn on or take a charge 🀣
VZdubs

Jul 31, 2006, 9:09 PM
Very common issue with the Kyocera phones. Back when we sold the 414 it was almost a daily occurrence for some brilliant person to come in, slam phone down, say it doesn't work.

me:is it not powering on?

custy:no

me:how are you charging it? where do you plug the charger in?

custy:what does that have to do with it!

me:humor me please.

custy:I plug it in like this(putting plug into headset jack).

me:ah,theres your problem,that's the headset jack. See the little headset symbol right by it.

custy: 🀭
98gst

Aug 4, 2006, 1:48 AM
hey slc_vzw_chic. how long have you worked in the call center? i work in the slc center also

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.