Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 32 replies

rude old lady

guido1869

Jul 28, 2006, 10:55 AM
this old lady just walked up to my booth
i asked her how she was doing and she just said "I'll be better when you call for my ride,...I know you have a phone back there...and I don't need a cell phone"
then she proceeds to tell me the number she wants to call before i've even reached for the phone
i hand her the cordless phone and she says "No you call it"
she tells the old folks transit service (whatever it's called) were she is the just sets the phone down and walks away without even saying thank you
i love my job
MeatballzNGravy

Jul 28, 2006, 11:06 AM
Damn dude. If that was me I would have told her we don't have a public phone.
guido1869

Jul 28, 2006, 11:10 AM
these old ladies will just stay there annoying the crap out of me until i give them the phone
MeatballzNGravy

Jul 28, 2006, 11:12 AM
Man, you are to nice then, I would be making up all kinds of sh!t, sorry lady the phone only accepts incoming, so unless youy are calling 911 for a ride, I cant help ya. May wanna try the jamba juice around the corner.
guido1869

Jul 28, 2006, 11:21 AM
there's one old lady who will ask me to call the transit service for her and tell them to come pick her up
2 mins later she'll be back asking me to call them back cause they're not there yet
she's seriously asked me to call them 8 times in a 20 min span so that i can tell them to hurry up
i don't know if her mind is just that far gone and she can't keep track of time, or if she is just that much of a b**ch
i'm leaning more to the second option, i wanna say maam this is a ride across town that only costs $2, you can wait 10 mins for them to get here
MeatballzNGravy

Jul 28, 2006, 11:34 AM
You have to put your foot down otherwise you will have that geratol poppin, bengay rubbin, matlock watchin old hag thinking that you are her person concierge service. Its been 3 minutes and the bus isnt here, drive me home NOW guido and going to make your ride smell like fresh cat piss.....LMAO 🤣
guido1869

Jul 28, 2006, 11:41 AM
i'll call the cops on an old lady, they can bring her home
BennyBoy940

Jul 28, 2006, 12:56 PM
If you let one old lady use the phone then she will tell her friends and soon they will all be wanting to use the phone!!!
xIsamuTM

Jul 28, 2006, 12:20 PM
"ma'am, i cannot call from this line. However, here's 4 bits, there's a payphone outside."
if that doesn't work...
"You are behaving in an agravated maner, I will call security if you do not leave my booth." that would so pwn to call security on a geriactric
Nikoletta

Jul 28, 2006, 1:45 PM
My goal in life is to be crazy as an old lady actually...

I don't plan on harassing people at work but I do plan on doing at least these two things ( and I'll come up with more as I go along.)

I'm going to put laundry soap and food coloring in public fountains.

I'm going to throw water balloons off bridges/buildings at people below.

I can see the police being called 'come on granny it's time to go home.' "You go to hell, don't make me beat you with my walker!" 'Now ma'am, you need to stop throwing things at people.' "Don't make me club you with my artificial hip!" I'll be all kinds of fun.
guido1869

Jul 28, 2006, 2:09 PM
i'm gonna be just like the oldest guy on grumpy old men
Darkinday

Jul 30, 2006, 8:20 AM
LMAO! It's a bad thing to be reading funny forums when you have a bad cough... and your taking calls... but that is FUNNY! 😁 🤣
theycallmeanerd78

Jul 28, 2006, 12:52 PM
You gotta stand your ground. Make them say please or throw them a quarter and say find a pay phone or buy one from here.
newfette

Jul 28, 2006, 11:41 AM
people do that to me all the time!

for some reason I swear they think I'm an information booth..

I get asked for directions, where the washrooms are and people try to give me stuff for lost and found but the worst is when they get mad at me cause the rides or the pay phone ate their money... 😕
longsleeves

Jul 28, 2006, 11:46 AM
Rides? what rides? sounds like you're at an amusment park.
MeatballzNGravy

Jul 28, 2006, 11:50 AM
Some malls have merry go rounds and **** in them. Its so the inbred hill billies can give there lil yokels a dollar and keep them busy for 20 minutes while they go to the Pro bass Shop
longsleeves

Jul 28, 2006, 11:51 AM
our mall has a little train that goes round and round
guido1869

Jul 28, 2006, 12:03 PM
my store has one of those things that just rocks back and forth, it looks like an 18 wheeler without the trailer
Insert Witty Name Here

Jul 29, 2006, 4:25 PM
Ours does too! Just another little thing we have in common. Aww...
alejandro

Jul 28, 2006, 12:10 PM
I can wait in line in the food court to get something, and before they serve me i have gotten old b*tches just jump right in ahead of me and start ordering, i dont know why im suprised every time. I used to expect more from the generation who is always talking about respect and "in my day" but everyones the same asshole regardless of age.
guido1869

Jul 28, 2006, 12:12 PM
mexicans should be at the back of the line anyways 🙂
deeterman

Jul 28, 2006, 12:16 PM
that was great
Jennyboo

Jul 28, 2006, 12:25 PM
hehehehe I just had a customer of mine put the smack down on an older lady!!!!

I was pitching a sale to a potential customer, and up walks some lady who very rudely interrupted me to ask where a store was..

Me: (talking with my customer)

Rude lady: (very loud) Where's Banana Republic

Me: (still talking with my customer)

Rude lady: Ma'am I'm asking you a question, where's Banana Republic!?!

My Customer: Did you notice this was a Sprint kiosk and that this nice young lady and I were having a conversation? Please do yourself a favor and learn how do read....mall directory is right down the hall.

Rude lady: 🤭

I could'nt believe it, that was one cool a$$ customer
xIsamuTM

Jul 28, 2006, 12:34 PM
I think I told this story before, but I had someone cut in line when I was helping someone out (nice person too). The a$$hat who butted in slams his phone on the table asking for help. So I turns to customer1 and ask him. "customer2 just showed up and wants help, do you mind giving up the space in line you had for half an hour so I can help him?" Cusomer2 grabs phone and walked out.
Jennyboo

Jul 28, 2006, 12:45 PM
lol that's great, where do these people get off...
alejandro

Jul 29, 2006, 6:55 PM
Watch it, because next time you tell a story about you being discriminated against for being gay I may make a similar jab.
lknjedi

Jul 28, 2006, 12:18 PM
Speaking of rude old ladies...
This one came in this morning and called my buddy heavyset (6'1" 205lbs??)
and also referred to our other rep as...

GET THIS IGNORANCE....

READY????

COLORED!!!!

I was floored..

oh well
bigeasy

Jul 28, 2006, 6:08 PM
A dont let that old lady's reaction bother you. weather she recognized it or not you still did a good deed and god will bless you for it. 😁
kapwww

Jul 29, 2006, 8:44 AM
I wouldn't have done it. I would have stared at her until she politely asked to use the phone, or I would have told her that she could buy a cell phone and call anyone she wants. Even though she said she didn't want one, I would keep suggesting it until she left. Perhaps throw something at her as she walks away just for the fun of it. I like to cuss and flick off d*ckwad customers after they walk out the door. I sometimes get busted if they take their sweet time closing the door. I don't really care. They're not the kind of customer I want coming back anyhow. No loyalty. Cheap. Not worth the effort in most cases. Let someone else deal with their crap.
granteezie

Jul 29, 2006, 12:42 PM
wow.... you are a ****ty person to have on a staff.
Foamy

Jul 29, 2006, 9:27 AM
If she ever comes back tell her that your boss has noticed an increase of outbound, non-business related calls lately. So, he's set forth a company rule making all phone lines inbound only.

Then subtly point out that it was the number she wants you to call that is what set it off.
Insert Witty Name Here

Jul 29, 2006, 3:02 PM
Just think of it this way. You have a long prosperous life ahead of you and she'll be dead in a few bitter-filled years.
guido1869

Jul 29, 2006, 3:03 PM
or hours

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.