Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 15 replies

Not yet...

Foamy

Jul 27, 2006, 4:15 PM
I just had a customer call my store with a problem and this is pretty much how it went.

Me: (Greeting)

Cu: Hi, I'm (name), and my phone isn't working right. It is vibrating instead of ringing.

Me: (after determining it's an LG phone) when you're not on a call, hold down the * key for about 5 seconds to take it out of manner mode.

Cu: ok, hold on... BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP...

Nothing happened.

Me: ๐Ÿคจ No, do it when you're not on the phone.

Cu: Ok, hold on. (thud) (faintly, i hear) ok, it on the table... BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP...

(rustling) still nothing.

Me: Hang up the phone, THEN do it.

Cu: Ohhhhh.. ok. (cl...
(continues)
krickt

Jul 27, 2006, 4:25 PM
Classic!
guido1869

Jul 28, 2006, 11:13 AM
my fav

cust - my friend gave me their phone and i want to put it on my acct

me - ok what i need you to do is take the battery off that phone and read the esn number off the back

cust - ok hang on a sec..........click
MeatballzNGravy

Jul 28, 2006, 11:15 AM
Oh man, I almost pissed in my pants on that one
Darkinday

Jul 30, 2006, 8:02 AM
Oooh boy. When this happened to me, I was being monitered by quality assurance... the person who was monitering me was like "Hun, did... they just... oh my. 100% I'll get the next call. "
BennyBoy940

Jul 30, 2006, 12:50 PM
haha that is sooo funny!!! ๐Ÿ˜
MeatballzNGravy

Jul 28, 2006, 11:41 AM
Or this one....

Cu: Umm my phone isnt working. ( Has a Nokia 6230)

Me: Ok let me look at it. ( Pop of battery). Sir, it seems that your phone had some water damage. This dot here is normally white, when it gets wet it turns red like it is now.

Cu: Thats not red, its like a dark pink. and anyways I didnt get it wet.

Me: Sir, it totally got wet. this is fire engine red and the red even bled off the dot.

Cu: Well you must have just did that when you took the battery off because it wasnt like that before I came in.

Me: ๐Ÿคจ So you checked it before you came in?

Cu: No, I dont know how to take that damn thing off, I just know I didnt do it. So I need you to go get me a new one so I can leave and I wont tell your mgr that ...
(continues)
Jennyboo

Jul 28, 2006, 11:47 AM
๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿคฃ

People have some nerve
Foamy

Jul 29, 2006, 9:14 AM
I love when they pull that "I'll tell your manager" BS. It's always a great set-up for the response of "I am the manager." The look on their face is always priceless.

That, or when people say "I'm friends with the owner!" I'll say "Oh, you know Bill?" and when they respond with yes, or they've been friends for a long time or something like that I say "That's funny, because our owners name is Greg."
shortnblonde28

Jul 29, 2006, 9:18 AM
LMAO!!! That is friggin great! Everybody that comes in to our store says, "Oh I know the owner" and I'm like, and....you want a cookie or something?
vzwgal21

Jul 30, 2006, 7:32 AM
I think my fave is when they say off-handedly "oh well I'll just cancel and go to Nextel and I'll get a lawyer and wont pay my etf" and then you just look at them blankly and hear crickets in the background. Half the time they just keep going since their empty threat did nothing. lol I bet most people don't realize they sign a contract binding them to arbitration. *sigh* another dollar, another day
Darkinday

Jul 30, 2006, 8:10 AM
Rock on for arbitration! YE haha!
Nikoletta

Jul 31, 2006, 11:26 AM
And do they realize that chances are that the lawyer they're threatening to call is going to cost WAY more than the eft OR that the etf is so small most judges will laugh their heads off over it?
Insert Witty Name Here

Jul 30, 2006, 12:36 PM
At least he said have a nice day. ๐Ÿ™‚
BennyBoy940

Jul 30, 2006, 12:44 PM
๐Ÿ™‚ that is so funny! My mom did that to me once when she was trying to get hers off of vibrate too!
WebDunce

Jul 30, 2006, 3:14 PM
Foamy said:
I just had a customer call my store with a problem and this is pretty much how it went.

Me: (Greeting)

Cu: Hi, I'm (name), and my phone isn't working right. It is vibrating instead of ringing.

Me: (after determining it's an LG phone) when you're not on a call, hold down the * key for about 5 seconds to take it out of manner mode.

Cu: ok, hold on... BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP...

Nothing happened.

This made me laugh pretty hard.

Foamy said:
Me: ๐Ÿคจ No, do it when you're not on the phone.

Cu: Ok, hold on. (thud) (faintly, i hear) ok, it on the table... BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEE
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.