Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 30 replies

helio is da sh*t!!

bigeasy

Jul 25, 2006, 7:16 PM
look out tmobile you gonna have some compitition now. just went to helio training and their plans are gonna give you guys a run for your money. all the plans include unlim data, internet,and text. WHAT NOW!!
disco inferno

Jul 25, 2006, 7:29 PM
c'mon bigE don't make them jealous, were already overstaffed as it is!
Nikoletta

Jul 25, 2006, 7:54 PM
How many subscribers does Helio currently have though? 😲 Right, I'm not terribly concerned though I have to say some of the phones they have are PIMP! (Helio that is)
disco inferno

Jul 25, 2006, 7:56 PM
well they have only been around for two months
Nikoletta

Jul 25, 2006, 8:17 PM
I know, I'm just throwing flack. My brother does phones for Cingular, Sprint, and Verizon (3rd party obviously) now so we do lots of talk about the different providers. Very interesting because you get to realize that everybody has it's merits.
frankiewawa

Oct 5, 2006, 2:36 PM
so he works at best buy is what you're saying
bigeasy

Jul 25, 2006, 8:11 PM
and another thing it doesnt matter how many we have it matters how many we get and how many of yours we take. got it?
Nikoletta

Jul 25, 2006, 8:17 PM
Oh hush, I'm just messing with you anyways.
bigeasy

Jul 25, 2006, 8:41 PM
i know. but your starting to tremble a lil bit aint ya?
Nikoletta

Jul 26, 2006, 10:51 AM
Hmmm... let me think about it... hmmm... nope, can't say I am.
bigeasy

Jul 28, 2006, 6:16 PM
dont lie!!! na im just kiddn but i really think its going to help us with all that free data since verizon is kinda lacking in that area.
frankiewawa

Oct 5, 2006, 2:38 PM
lol???? you dont know much do you
Pslim77

Jul 26, 2006, 5:51 PM
All 2 of them
MotoJoe22

Jul 25, 2006, 8:24 PM
Last time i checked, Helios plans were the most expensive plans out there..

I will admit, their phones are by FAAAAR the leetest.
disco inferno

Jul 25, 2006, 8:33 PM
$65/ month thats less than other plans with the same amount of minutes and all that data
MotoJoe22

Jul 25, 2006, 9:02 PM
Err.. Whos towers do they use?
MeatballzNGravy

Jul 26, 2006, 8:45 AM
I think I read somewhwere that they are running off the Verizon Owned towers
MeatballzNGravy

Jul 26, 2006, 8:47 AM
My bad, I used the wrong comany. --> This comes off the Helio description page.....

An national MVNO with a technology focus. Helio offers only feature-rich phones using a high-speed CDMA EVDO network. Helio is a joint venture between SK Telecom and Earthlink. SK Telecom is one of Korea's leading mobile phone carriers. Helio is using Sprint's network initially, but has plans to add coverage from Verizon Wireless as well
Nikoletta

Jul 26, 2006, 10:53 AM
Ahhh yes, Sprint, the tower-prostitute... hehehe.
3ntropy

Jul 27, 2006, 12:40 PM
OMG BAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Nikoletta

Jul 26, 2006, 10:55 AM
That's great if you need all that data but how many people, just average users, actually give a flying LEAP about data access. I've found it's pretty uncommon for people to really care about data access on their phones unless they are going for a specialized device... such as the Sidekick and Blackberrys, and the Windows Mobile Devices. It will have more appeal for a younger generation but most of the run-of-the-mill customers that I encounter don't care about the data...

But then Helio is really aiming for a younger crowd anyways aren't they?
bigeasy

Jul 28, 2006, 6:13 PM
yes they are and all i have to say to that is My space. over a third of the U.S. has a My space so you do the math
burger_with_fries81

Jul 29, 2006, 1:34 PM
I've been able to access Myspace on my old w600 for about 6 months now.....
frankiewawa

Oct 5, 2006, 2:42 PM
who the hell cares... all those people have myspace... how many really care so much as to access it on their cell phone constantly. albeit these little 14 yr olds might get one. but no where near as many as you think.
burger_with_fries81

Jul 29, 2006, 1:32 PM
I'll take my N93 any day over a helio phone..
Just a little longer *crosses fingers*..
DeepDive

Oct 5, 2006, 12:02 PM
Try using a Helio phone the calls are crap it sounds like a bad GSM phone and it drops alot.
krickt

Oct 5, 2006, 12:03 PM
I thought this thread died months ago.....
MeatballzNGravy

Jul 25, 2006, 10:14 PM
I actually just applied for them today. How does their commission structure look?
my best friend Jack

Jul 26, 2006, 4:59 PM
we don't have a clue yet... we just had the training about the phones and the prices and the activation process
burger_with_fries81

Jul 29, 2006, 1:31 PM
I don't work for T-Mo.
How many people in this technological backwater do you think want or need net access on their phones? Or unlimited TXT?
8 of 10 of my customers have no interest in anything but a free POS phone that makes voice calls.
Helio sounds cool (I might get it), but I doubt it will come close to being a major carrier.
MeatballzNGravy

Jul 29, 2006, 2:41 PM
Thats true for MOST carriers. But look at the target age group they are going after. They want that young age group that do nothing all day but sit on myspace and leave dumb lil comments and text there friend in class who is sitting 5 feet away from them. I personally think that they are going to come out like a bat out of hell, but it will all fizzle away once myspace and all those networking sites arent the cool thing anymore

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.