Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 15 replies

What would you do?

Phoenix1152

Jul 25, 2006, 1:09 PM
Just want some opinions on a situation. I work for an indirect agent and need to add a new phone to my account. Thing is, if I actually go to a corporate store I can get the phone cheaper and no activation fee. Itll end up saving me like 50 bucks. Should I go elsewhere or just swallow paying more?
clr7181

Jul 25, 2006, 1:25 PM
Well not knowing which carrier you sell for....I think it's odd that a corporate location can waive an activation fee, but your location can't. The $50 difference in phone price though... Does your employer offer you any kind of "employee discount" on equipment? I'd ask them. Tell them that as their employee you want to do your business where you work. But you as an employee shouldn't have to go to a different location to pay someone elses full price to save $50. Maybe they'll do something for you. I know my employer (indirect as well) does great things for us. I would definately ask though, the worst they can say is "No". I know at my location we had an employee who purchased a line of service through one of our competitors just be...
(continues)
3ntropy

Jul 25, 2006, 2:11 PM
you wouldn't believe the ppl i work for. i'm indirect and i dont get any discounts or even workers comp...i think that's actually illegal.
Foamy

Jul 25, 2006, 3:14 PM
I've actually heard my boss tell one of my co-workers to go buy the phone somewhere else.
driven2insanity

Jul 25, 2006, 3:32 PM
I'm having the same problem. Tried for 2 weeks to get the boss to talk about 2 new phones and new contracts. I'm still with the competition
Foamy

Jul 25, 2006, 3:52 PM
My boss offered to buy out my current contract so that I can carry a phone with our carrier. But I have a family share with my fiancee and he won't buy out both lines. I told him it's all or none.

He still bitches about me having a phone from another carrier to this day.
driven2insanity

Jul 25, 2006, 4:02 PM
It's real fun when I try to do say a text message demo and some sharp eyed custy say "that phone isn't cingular!" It's like my dirty little secret 🤭
bewareofhobbits

Jul 25, 2006, 5:09 PM
🤣 i know how you feel i try to keep my T-Mobile phone as far away from my cingular customers as possible
BennyBoy940

Jul 30, 2006, 9:58 PM
oooh you use t mobile and you work at cingular!!! BAD!
guido1869

Jul 31, 2006, 5:40 PM
i would use my vzw phone when i wirked at sprint
we had some demo phones activated so i told people that it was mine
BennyBoy940

Jul 30, 2006, 9:59 PM
Go to the other store and if he/she asked why you went there just tell them that it was cheaper!
guido1869

Jul 31, 2006, 5:41 PM
buy it where it's cheaper, if your boss asks tell him that it was cheaper elsewhere

that's what i did and he didn't care
guido1869

Jul 31, 2006, 6:34 PM
unless you can make comm off yourself, that would have to be a factor
cingcing

Jul 31, 2006, 7:14 PM
I would hope that my employees don't feel obligated to buy anything here. I defiantly work with them up to the point where the store loses money. If they can get it cheaper somewhere else, good for them.
American Telephone and Te

Aug 1, 2006, 6:59 PM
Right on
Insert Witty Name Here

Aug 1, 2006, 2:53 PM
I would definately go elsewhere. Unless, you activate with the Indirect dealer, maybe do a follow-up/escalation request, get the activation fee waived and you *might* make enough in commission to make up the $50 difference?

Is that a possibility?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.