Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 24 replies

Consistency

disturbed1

Jul 22, 2006, 3:29 PM
I'd like to, at this time, point out my complete frustration with the lack of consistency in the pricing schemes of wireless carriers.

At any given time you can check 3 different sources: Retail stores, company websites, and Customer Care; and find 3 different prices. What's free on the website is $50 in store, and $70 thru Customer Care. And no one can match each other!

CAN WE GET SOME FREAKIN CONSISTENCY PEOPLE?!?!?! I mean almost all McDonald's are franchised, but the Big Mac's on the dollar menu at all of them!
phoneguy45

Jul 22, 2006, 3:58 PM
big mac's not on our dollar menu here.....sooooooooooo. your statement is incorrect. so i guess mcdonalds isnt very consistant now are they...
Jennyboo

Jul 22, 2006, 4:05 PM
I always go to McD's and get the dollar menu double cheeseburgers...where do they have Big Mac's on the dollar menu???

Anyways back on topic

Sprint matches online pricing from their website, you just to print a copy of the web page that states the pricing.

If you try to order thru our customer care, they will offer the same deals as the retail store. There is no inconsistency there, but if customer care can give a special deal from ordering with them...we would have no way of knowing that and can't match it.
phoneguy45

Jul 22, 2006, 4:10 PM
yeah friggin what she said.. DOUBLE CHEESEBURGERS ROCK!!!!!
Jennyboo

Jul 22, 2006, 4:12 PM
Especially when your poor....like I am half the time lol

No McChickens, double cheesies all the way!!!!
phoneguy45

Jul 22, 2006, 4:48 PM
For sheezy on double cheeies girl.... 🤤 oh yeah and the dollar fries cant forget about those...
guido1869

Jul 23, 2006, 1:03 PM
there are 2 mcds near my house and one has double cheeseburgers and the other one doesn't
in fact the menu says that one of the kids meals comes with the dbl cheeseburger but they won't sell that one even though it's on the menu
niether have big macs on the dollar menu
Whitehorse

Jul 22, 2006, 4:32 PM
Ya just gotta have a big mac!!!

I was @ a cookout & put thousand island dressing on my burger - along with some A-1, AWESOME!!!
chainsaw

Jul 22, 2006, 5:17 PM
I stopped eating red meat.
Jennyboo

Jul 22, 2006, 5:20 PM
mmm that sounds tasty...I love A-1 but would never have thought to put it with thousand island....have to try it

🤤
ph0n3n3rd5

Jul 22, 2006, 6:02 PM
I was eatign a Big Mac once and found a piece of what seemed to be a cow tooth (atleast thats what it looked like to me, it was def. a bone of some sort) in my burger đŸ˜ŗ Needless to say its been a while since I've had one.
Jennyboo

Jul 22, 2006, 6:12 PM
đŸ˜ŗ
theycallmeanerd78

Jul 22, 2006, 7:31 PM
Hey at least you know it's actual meat.
phoneguy45

Jul 22, 2006, 7:34 PM
did you ever stop to think that maybe it was a horse tooth....... 😕 đŸ˜ŗ
ph0n3n3rd5

Jul 22, 2006, 7:37 PM
Indeed, everyone knows the finest cut of beef is....the HEAD... 👀

Worst part is i was starving and managed to finish the rest of the burger 😁
satch of the moe

Jul 23, 2006, 1:05 PM
as long as it does not go meow or woof and does not start to move out of your hand you are good. đŸ˜ŗ đŸ¤Ŗ
Pslim77

Jul 23, 2006, 12:59 PM
Not really. Our McDonalds doesn't. They have the Double Cheese Burger on it iinstead.
satch of the moe

Jul 23, 2006, 1:08 PM
The internet is cheaper since the company does not have to pay anyone for commission duh. The stores and customer service basic pricing for vzw at least should be the same. Now this is for a direct store indirect store set their own prices which i am sure is for all carries. He may be thinking it is a retail store just cause they sell a companies service. ummm i guess that makes radio shack half sprint and half cingular and walmart part vzw. đŸ¤Ŗ
disturbed1

Jul 24, 2006, 10:50 AM
First of all allow me to append my statements in 2 ways:

1. Double Cheeseburger replaces Big Mac in the original statement.

2. All these are points of corporate contact for CINGULAR Wireless.

Indirects setting their own prices will happen as long as there are indirects. And I KNOW that the net is cheaper, but if carriers are hemorraging cash by giving subsidies then why not be consistent? In addition why would you cut your sales people off at the knees by costing them sales...ya know...if ya cared?
satch of the moe

Jul 24, 2006, 11:02 AM
ummm i dont know for cingular so i really could not tell specifics i was talking on the vzw side. Sorry was not trying to make you upset. why carriers would decide to do this dont know i think they sale to resellers at a higher price to make their prices be closer to direct stores. Also one thing is nice some resellers have to warranty to their own phones.
disturbed1

Jul 24, 2006, 11:59 AM
You didn't upset me...Cingular did! I had a customer with an offer for 2 $50 phones for free from the .com and I can't match and neither can customer service. It's stupid.

As for the Big Mac...it was just an example, I didn't mean for everyone to take it so literally. 👀
Jennyboo

Jul 24, 2006, 12:07 PM
lol all I wanted to know was where I could get a Big Mac for a dollar 🙂
disturbed1

Jul 24, 2006, 12:23 PM
Reidsville, NC! But then again that's also where the Wendy's $.99 menu is actually $1.29! đŸ‘ŋ
Jennyboo

Jul 24, 2006, 12:24 PM
That's too far away đŸ˜ĸ

I think I'll just have to get a double cheesie for lunch today....
disturbed1

Jul 24, 2006, 12:44 PM
☚ī¸ Sorry...if it makes you feel any better I get to spend my lunch break driving 40 min. away to pick up a phone for a customer.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.