Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 26 replies

To those who try to enter a retail store after hours....

evilbstrd666

Jul 17, 2006, 8:39 PM
.....get bent.

Seriously. Do not pound on my glass windows. Do not wave your arms in the air. In fact, once you have verified it is a whole HALF HOUR after closing, just get in your car and get the hell out.

I am not going to invite you in under any circumstances. Especially if you look crazy, strange, stupid, angry, dumb, or any combination thereof.

Try to understand the concept of buisness hours: they are the hours in which it is acceptable to shop at the store. They haven't changed in 7 years. You can call and find out if we are open ahead of time.

And, one final thought: after you have pounded on my windows and glared at me, realize this: you are exceedingly fortunate that I do not have a gun. I would have used i...
(continues)
canyoubelievethisjack...

Jul 18, 2006, 7:14 AM
such hatred
satch of the moe

Jul 18, 2006, 7:30 AM
Actually i liked the hatred. The gun would have cool. But better so you would not get arrested. Is the to have the outside store lights on have a camera then go next to the door and flick them off and take a picture. Love the look on the persons face right after you flick them off. 😈 😈
Pslim77

Jul 18, 2006, 2:09 PM
The gun is a little harsh. You should set up a zapper on the door handle so when try to shake the door handle for no reason they get shocked.
I think that has got to be the worst of all things they can do. Shake my door like it will magically open for you. When was the last time you went into a professional retail store and had to use brut force to open the door. HELLO IT'S LOCKED YOU IDIOT!!!!! đŸ‘ŋ
evilbstrd666

Jul 23, 2006, 4:39 PM
Perhaps the gun isn't the solution for all retail stores, but in a neighborhood where we have been held up at gunpoint more than once, it's time to fight back.

And when you bang on the door like an ape, you should be treated as such.
Darkinday

Jul 23, 2006, 4:48 PM
OOo OOo Ahh ahh 👀
Willwise

Jul 18, 2006, 11:45 AM
I agree, I get so pissed when they knock on the door. What do they think it is a friends house that they can come and go as they please.
Foamy

Jul 18, 2006, 11:48 AM
I had a guy do that once 15 minutes after I closed and was about to leave. He said he needed a car charger really badly, it was incredibly urgent.

I told him fine, but he'd have to pay cash since I closed out the credit card machine. He said that was fine, then I told him I can't give him a receipt unless he comes back for it the next day since the register was closed out.

He got mad and said "There's no way I'm leaving here without a receipt!" So, I said "Then there's no way you're leaving here with a charger." Closed and locked the door. Set the alarm, and left out the back door.
Insert Witty Name Here

Jul 18, 2006, 1:58 PM
Foamy said:
Closed and locked the door. Set the alarm, and left out the back door.

Haha. Cute.
Pslim77

Jul 18, 2006, 2:05 PM
No Doubt!!! I wonder if you were typing this up as the peron was peering through the glass!!! 😎
UOQuack

Jul 18, 2006, 2:10 PM
Addendum to this statement:

Be advised, in case you should choose to wait for me to leave the store and want to harass me, some of us DO have guns.
Pslim77

Jul 18, 2006, 2:14 PM
Slow down buddy we are just venting. I would like to see you or any other customer's try to shoot me. You better not miss! If you do miss.
Be prepared to eat that gun you carry. Not for nothing but the harassment usually doen't come from us. It comes from the customer's in the first place. I'll be damned if some idiot ever pulled a gun cause I didn't open the door when I was closed. F-U
UOQuack

Jul 18, 2006, 2:23 PM
Perhaps you misunderstood my post, so let me clarify. I too work in a store, and I was sympathizing with the original poster. An addendum, you see, is something like an addition. I was adding to the original poster's thoughts. I have had more than my share of people pound on my door before and after hours, and I have had people wait for me to come out. I have had to call the police on a couple of occasions. As a customer, I do not pound on doors after hours; I wont even go into a store less than 15 minutes before closing because I sympathize with the plight of the retail workers. I'm sorry you weren't able to understand the intent of my post; hopefully this clears it up.
artax80

Jul 18, 2006, 4:00 PM
Yeah. Those customers rank right up there with the ones who come in 3-5 minutes before you close, tell you they want to set up service/upgrade/buy something, and keep you after hours for at least a half hour. Then, they do NOTHING. "Ok, thanks. We'll be back some other time." Yeah, thanks to you too buddy. And while you're leaving, try taking a look at the hours!
Nikoletta

Jul 18, 2006, 4:37 PM
Of course you also get the whack-bangs who cannot (see CANNOT) wait until your normal hours to open. They rattle the doors and peeeer 👀 inside, shield their eyes with their hands so they can see inside and wave if you're there, knock on the door like you don't know they're lurking out there.

We used to get this all the time at the book store too. We didn't open until like 9 am by the coffee stand that was part of the store opened at 5 am so people could come in to the coffee shop, they'd put the magazines in there so they could browse and the new books out would be there too. There was just a rope dividing the coffee stand from the rest of the store and people would stand by the rope right at 8:59 and stare at their watch lik...
(continues)
artax80

Jul 18, 2006, 4:50 PM
I used to have the same problem when I worked in a portrait studio. We were in the Kmart stores and didn't have a door we could close. We just used a plastic chain or a baby gate. I can't remember how many times I'd come in first thing in the morning or after lunch and would have customers already in there waiting. It was a pain because these were always the people who didn't pay any attention to their kids, and they'd be in the actual photo room playing around the camera. The hours were clearly posted, and yet they just assumed it didn't apply to them. It really sucked if they did that when I was in the photo room during my lunch taking a nap. Talk about a rude awakening!
Willwise

Jul 18, 2006, 4:52 PM
That makes me so mad if I see a car in the parking lot of strip mall where my store is I get pissed what kind of looser waits outside a store for it to open. They just wait like half an hour just sitting in there cars. and those people hardly ever buy any thing its the same old **** just want to complain.
Nikoletta

Jul 18, 2006, 8:02 PM
Hehe, well I used to live out in the BFE, like 45 minutes out of town. My boss was a real sadist and (ok, no he wasn't, it was company policy) we had our store meetings at like 6 am so everybody could be there before we opened and before the stocking crew had to get cracking. The meetings went until 7 and then I didn't work until noon and as I didn't want to waste gas driving home and back and the store wasn't actually OPEN until 9 I had to do SOMETHING. Sometimes I just kept a book in my car and hung out in the back of my truck (ahh, the good old days when I had my truck with the camper top that had been set up as a bed in the back. I kept pillows and a blanket in the storage space and could curl up there for a nap if I wanted too.) or ...
(continues)
3ntropy

Jul 25, 2006, 2:04 PM
that was a lot of info. as i was pulling in to open my store one day my co-worker and i (who i give a ride to every day) kinda rolled our eyes because there was a "waiter." at that moment i decided to keep driving and i parked a ways a way and waited till they left. it felt good.
disturbed1

Jul 18, 2006, 5:15 PM
Oh, let's talk about the jack@$$ that waits by the store next door for you to come in in the morning and then RUNS to follow you in thru the door before you even get the alarm disarmed and demands you help them with thier phone!!! This same idiot gets angry..."so you're refusing to assist a customer" Yeah, I'll assist you....I'll gladly assist you in finding a way to pull your head out of the deep dark whole in your @$$ that it seems to have become lodged in!

HELLO!!!! the alarm's beeping at the back of the store and you want me to look at your phone?!?!?!? I just got here! đŸ‘ŋ
krickt

Jul 19, 2006, 1:42 PM
Let the alarm go off, and make him wait the 30 or so minutes it will take to get that mess fixed up!
Jennyboo

Jul 24, 2006, 10:19 AM
ERGH I just had customers today that kept asking me question after question while I was counting change. Don't ya just hate that....I made it blatantly clear to them that I don't open for another 20 minutes and that I have to get everything in order so I can open the kiosk on time. And they were stupid questions too, they were looking in our case with all the non-camera phones (we have them labeled as such) one of their conversations went like this: (guy is saying this to the girl he was with)

GUY: "Do you think these phones have cameras?"

GIRL: "I don't know????"

GUY: "Well I'm sure they do, all phones have cameras now."

GIRL: "Ya probably, but if these do have cameras, where are they?"

GUY: "I think theyre all built in to ...
(continues)
disturbed1

Jul 24, 2006, 10:23 AM
Sounds like somebody's got a case of the Mondays! 😎

I can't imagine working in a kiosk...at least I've got a giant glass door to hide behind.

Hat's off to ya Jenny!
Jennyboo

Jul 24, 2006, 10:33 AM
These darn Mondays I tell ya...

I work in a retail store half the time, and the kiosk the other half....

The giant glass doors are nice, wish I woulda have them today đŸ‘ŋ
disturbed1

Jul 24, 2006, 12:21 PM
☚ī¸ Poor Jenny....I'd lend you mine...but I'm still hiding behind them watchin out for the angry people who dropped calls over the weekend 👀 .
Pslim77

Jul 24, 2006, 12:51 PM
Or dropped their phone period and it doesn't work anymore but they don't know why.
disturbed1

Jul 24, 2006, 12:53 PM
OH CRAP!!! I FORGOT ABOUT THOSE GUYS đŸ˜ŗ 👀

Is it Tuesday yet?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.