Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Bad Credit

motosux

Jul 16, 2006, 3:22 PM
So, where I work its typical for us to take the customers ID and then jot down the social security number, home phone, and home address (if different from whats listed) on a post it and then run the credit through.

What I love is after a credit decision has come back with the most horrible credit class we've got and a huge deposit to match, is when the customer then grabs their ID out of your hand and asks for the post it so they can throw it away themselves....because God knows that if I really were to ever steal someone's identity, I would surely want to steal the identity of some low life who's never managed to pay a bill in his/her life, because, that would get me real far ahead!

Whatever.
granteezie

Jul 16, 2006, 3:23 PM
you suck.
Insert Witty Name Here

Jul 16, 2006, 3:34 PM
🤣 That's funny. I say that 'same thing' about the trailer trash that do that to me.
Sholyhit

Jul 17, 2006, 9:17 AM
I get this all the time... It's because America is a state of Terror. We convince our own people to be afraid so they trust power to someone else who appears strong. If you ask these people who they think is going to steal their ID, they will tell you they don't know, but it could happen. The likelyhood of that happening is about the chance of being hit by a bolt of lightning out of clear skies while being underground... Not likely. However, because we put out PSAs telling people to be paranoid, they listen and act paranoid. I even had a guy EAT the peice of paper with his social on it. Wouldn't let me shred it or throw it away. He demanded I burn it, and I told him I couldn't start any fires in my store, or in the building, so he ATE the pe...
(continues)
Foamy

Jul 17, 2006, 9:36 AM
I occasionally get people that refuse to give me their ssn. They say "I'm never supposed to give that information to anybody!"

And the one thing I find that always shuts them up, even though it makes no sense, is to throw the keyboard up on the counter and tell them to type it in themselves. Somehow, it never occurs to them that just because they're not saying it, I can still SEE it.

I only ever had 1 person ask about that and I told him it's all starred out. He took my word for it.
evilbstrd666

Jul 17, 2006, 8:44 PM
You should just tell them that they aren't giving YOU the SSN, they are giving the evil moneygrubbing corporate company their SSN, so that said company can repeatedly beat them over the head with large bills and destroy their credit rating.

It would be awesome just to do that once and see the reaction.
Darkinday

Jul 17, 2006, 8:13 PM
LOL, eating a piece of paper, now thats a way to get your daily fiber... Let that pass on it's way... 🤣
evilbstrd666

Jul 17, 2006, 8:45 PM
I like those who insist on writing it down, and leave it laying out on the counter for all to see..... and then they leave it when they walk away.....

Yeah, you almost have a brain, because all someone has to do is swipe the paper, and guess what, there goes your identity!
OhSoKorny

Jul 18, 2006, 1:58 AM
You know what it may be. They may owe so much child support/have tax leins that they may not want their social to get out to anyone even (gasp) the government. 😲

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.