Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

Cingular Service

raddleman

Jul 11, 2006, 4:20 PM
I have a buddy of mine who is looking into Cingular service, but doesnt have the best credit, does anyone happen to know what the service deposit ranges are for new service?

Thank you in advance
silentscream

Jul 11, 2006, 4:37 PM
$250 - $750 where I'm at. I'm pretty sure it doesn't change where ever you are, seeing as they run through Equifax and what not. It's fairly harsh, and as far as I know one of the toughest credit apps. Good luck.
Stac147

Jul 12, 2006, 9:13 PM
I have wittnessed a $1500 deposit on Cingulars network. That is for each line of service. Now that is crazy, your whole two years of service probably won't be that much!
Foamy

Jul 13, 2006, 9:33 AM
It's only happened once, but I've had Cingular just say no once. Their credit was so bad Cingular wouldn't even take a deposit, just flat out said no. I was shocked.
shortnblonde28

Jul 12, 2006, 12:07 PM
I'm a dealer for Cingular and out market just started a new deposit, its $100, then it goes all they way up to $800. Maybe he could look into getting Go Phone Pick Your Plan. Cingular has some cheaper phones now for the pick your plan.
chainsaw

Jul 12, 2006, 1:06 PM
Pick your plan all the way! I'm so surprised why customers don't get it. No contract and rollover balance? It is such a good deal. Unless you text a ton. ☚ī¸
spidermon

Jul 12, 2006, 2:51 PM
Tell your buddy to try T-mobile I have found the credit checks to be easier for whatever reason also T-mobile has smart access plans he will probably get aproved with no deposit i worth a try 😎
clr7181

Jul 12, 2006, 5:38 PM
Refer him to the local Radio Shack. Oddly enough, our local radio shack seems to be able to "waive" deposits on almost anyone. When they do that they just charge you $100-$800 for the phone that you would have been able to get for free....sly bastards.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.