Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

ITS AMAZING

Willwise

Jul 10, 2006, 4:53 PM
I'm almost speechless at what just occurred a customer walks in with his phone in a plastic bag. Tells me a story about how he had jumped in a pool with it in his pocket I explained the insurance to him and he didn't ague. He just took the number for lock line and said thanks a polite customer whats next. Is it possible that a pile of money will come falling out of the sky and land in my lap?
burger_with_fries81

Jul 10, 2006, 5:34 PM
Old lady came in 5 minutes ago wanting to cancel her service. I told her I would dial the number for CS and it should take just a few minutes. She told me she had thought she was supposed to cancel in a store. I informed her she could do it from home if she was so inclined.
She thanked me and then said it would be easier just to do it from home.

DAMN CUSTOMERS!!!1
krickt

Jul 11, 2006, 10:44 AM
We get that everyday. After we have determined that the customer really does want to cancel, not suspend, not give the phone to someone else, that kind of thing, we coach them on how to talk to customer service. Usually customer service has to try to talk them out of cancelling two or three times before they give in, so we prepare the customer for that kind of eventuality and hand them a phone. Happens almost every day that the customer leaves without doing anything, but someone will come in everyday and try to get me to cancel their phone for them.
ecroteau

Jul 11, 2006, 9:43 AM
I don't think that I've had a single customer accept the insurance when I offer it to them, ever, which is pretty dumb. I have insurance on my phone, because sometimes sh** happens. but aparently sh** doesn't happen to my customers.
Nikoletta

Jul 11, 2006, 8:00 PM
*hangs head* I don't have it on mine because I'm poor... but then I have my text messaging bundle... der... I also am aware of the fact that if I loose my phone or something happens to it it's going to be my problem, not yours or the fault of some poor CSR. I also still have my E315, which is completely functional, I just wanted a shiney new toy so I can always swap back to the 315, that's actually why I haven't given in to the four people here at work who found out I had a spare and have begged me to give it to them... apparently the E315 is super popular around here (I'm not totally sure why, I mean I loved it but it's not like wet-dream quality. I guess it has a good reputation.)
black_burry

Jul 11, 2006, 10:44 PM
no offense but our rate plans are 10 dollars a month, how could u not afford an extra 6? hell when i was 18 i was paying a 80 phone bill monthly before i was working for big pink, now that im 19 and workin for big pink my phone bill is 26 monthly, 10 for the plan, 10 for the sk3 plan, and 6 for insurance
Nikoletta

Jul 12, 2006, 2:30 PM
I probably could but I look at over the course of two years I would have spent $144, which is one car payment plus change and never would have needed it, I know now that I won't need it (I might WANT it later if I hurt my 609 but I don't NEED it as I have a spare phone so I have a fallback if something happens) so I can save that $144 for... another car payment or another handset upgrade. And OUR rate plans aren't $10, the call center I'm in doesn't have the best dealer plans in the world, actually for a while they didn't have any (super lame) and even then I live on my own, pay all my own bills, every penny counts so if I want nice things I have to skimp anywhere I can to save up for anything I want, so things I don't need (even if they mi...
(continues)
Don.Mobile

Jul 12, 2006, 2:37 PM
I would kill for a $114 car payment. Mine is triple that. My car insurance payment is almost double that.
Nikoletta

Jul 12, 2006, 2:54 PM
$140.13 is what I'm paying on a 7 year loan (an odd duck I know, I have good credit and I insisted on a lower payment so I had to go with the longer term.) but then I also have a very small, inexpensive car as well.
Stac147

Jul 12, 2006, 9:12 PM
It's amazing when a customer walks into my Sprint store asking where Cingular is. Now tell me how nuts that is.
krickt

Jul 13, 2006, 10:52 AM
I'm telling you, if you can muster up the drama, and just give them an incredulous look, saying, "no way, there are other companies that sell cell phones!" and then turn away, they will get the point, eventually.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.