Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 13 replies

I just put in my two week notice!!! Woot!

CptFarlow

Jul 9, 2006, 4:01 PM
And I'm taking next week off for paid vacation time! So it's my last week of work! 😁
CptFarlow

Jul 10, 2006, 10:44 AM
I guess I'm the only one happy to never sell cell phones again.
Foamy

Jul 10, 2006, 11:00 AM
Cell phones are like a bad rash. Just when you think their gone, they flare up again.

I've left the industry 3 times. And here I sit, in a Verizon store. ☚ī¸
newfette

Jul 10, 2006, 11:19 AM
aawwwww foamy...

we still love you
guido1869

Jul 10, 2006, 11:00 AM
where are you going to work
CptFarlow

Jul 10, 2006, 3:14 PM
Ruby Tuesday's. I'm going back to school and they have agreed to work around my schedule, something that my bosses here refused to do.
guitboxer

Jul 10, 2006, 11:55 AM
Congratulations!!! Good to hear some positive news. Don't worry the industry won't miss you mainly because it's a completly pointless waste of time and is centered around catering to the whims of smelly choads.

I envy you.
bewareofhobbits

Jul 10, 2006, 2:25 PM
here! here! quitboxer i agree with you 100%. This business is ridiculous. I can't wait to kiss it good-bye
guitboxer

Jul 10, 2006, 3:27 PM
I have had jobs where all day I have been covered from head to toe in sheep sh;t with my hayfever in full swing, bleeding from a countless number of scratches and gashes and I still had a better sence of satisfaction and accomplishment than I have at the job I'm at and let me say the combination of sweat, blood, chaff, poo and lanolin in wounds is brutal.
alejandro

Jul 10, 2006, 3:30 PM
then you havent known the glory of getting a gum job from an old lady out of gratitude for showing her how to work her voicemail
guitboxer

Jul 10, 2006, 3:32 PM
unfortunately no, I've been waiting for that opportunity to arise but alas not yet.
alejandro

Jul 10, 2006, 3:41 PM
no wonder you hate your job
CptFarlow

Jul 10, 2006, 3:18 PM
I'm so glad I'm leaving. It's sad when my coworker answers the phone, and I fully understand what he means when he makes the hand gesture of blowing his head off. Sadly, the next words out of his mouth were, "Yes, 23 minutes remaining means the amount of minutes you have left."

I will be happy not having people come in wanting to "axe" another question!

I'll still hang around phone scoop...I wouldn't have made it this long without it, I'm firewalled.
spidermon

Jul 11, 2006, 7:07 PM
u will be back 😎

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.