Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 16 replies

Look it's the Carnivore Special!

Nikoletta

Jul 7, 2006, 1:09 PM
It's time again for the wankers (I'm in the "I hope they all die slow painful deaths" mode again for a variety of reasons, all revolving around their piss-poor actions today.) to say they are providing lunch for everybody... they say it's because of the mandatory half hour lunch bullsh1t, I frankly don't give a flying... well you get the idea, I'll leave out the language that I reserve for describing their failings in detail. But it's apparently going to be Tacos and Sandwiches.

We went through this all last summer during the testing when they said they were bringing lunch for the testing group.

I don't eat meat. I have protein allergies. It makes me Very Very ill. The people in charge know this (after the problems LAST time around...
(continues)
switchy85

Jul 7, 2006, 3:40 PM
They try that crap at my call center, too. They buy us these huge, hard-as-rocks, sub sandwhiches from fry's down the road and make us work through lunch during "red alert" (40+ calls in queue, I believe). They used to make me and my friend stay until we told them we'd sue for not giving us our madatory break. After that, we just tell them to suck it and leave for lunch at our scheduled time every day. It's nice when you have so much crap on your company that you can get what you want. 😁
Nikoletta

Jul 7, 2006, 4:04 PM
Over the last summer they were taking away out lunches in trade for the meal but they would get these HUGE greasy chicken platters and a little bitty vegetable tray. Chicken is the worse, makes me super sick. Great.
craptacularwireless

Jul 7, 2006, 4:22 PM
That sucks, Nikki. I love the flesh of animals.😁
Nikoletta

Jul 7, 2006, 5:08 PM
Makes Niki much sick. No matter how much I like it it's not worth the pain later.
craptacularwireless

Jul 7, 2006, 6:56 PM
I understand. At least you're not vegetarian by choice.🙂
beyond

Jul 7, 2006, 4:30 PM
Wow I can't believe that you are honestly complaining about free food! I understand that you don't eat meat but the majority of people do!
You complain because the smokers stand to close to the door (and that b/c more people don't smoke than do they should be forced far far away from the door) however, using your same logic it would be very easy to say too bad so sad for the non meat eaters!
Honestly, Nikoletta you really are being kinda hypocritical! Also, you seem to complain about alot, basically anything that doesn't agree with your beliefs, wants or needs in your opinion is COMPLETELY WRONG!
I really hate to be the one to break this to you, for the simple fact it's a life lesson that should've been provided by your parents but:
THE ...
(continues)
spum

Jul 7, 2006, 4:50 PM
If she can't eat meat, then she should be able to expect food that she can eat. She's allergic. It's not like she's too stuck up to eat the food they provide.
Whitehorse

Jul 7, 2006, 4:59 PM
Damn good point! I have a friend who almost died when he found out (after a Wendy's double) that he had somehow developed an allergy to beef - it's not funny.
Nikoletta

Jul 7, 2006, 5:11 PM
The difference is my food preference doesn't negatively impact their health, and I can easily avoid their food, I just am annoyed that they are taking my lunch time away and saying they're giving us lunch when they're not. The Smokers (since you brought it up) DO negatively impact my health, and the health of every other person who has to walk through their haze to get to the door. They also, when they huddle that close, cause the noxious fumes of their habit, to filter into the building, so the people sitting in the seats nearest the door don't get away from it either.

Suffice it to say, they're way worse than I am.

I never said I expected them to provide something I can eat, just to not take away the time I would use to obtain some...
(continues)
captainplooky

Jul 7, 2006, 5:52 PM

The Smokers (since you brought it up) DO negatively impact my health, and the health of every other person who has to walk through their haze to get to the door.

Perhaps.

It sure is nice to be able to blame all the environmental pollution we currently expierence and the negative health effects associated with them on second hand smoking.

Never mind the fact that the parking lot outside of your work places contains more sources of pollution then any of those smokers.

Never mind the fact that while riding to work, you basicallly drive down a corridor of toxins emitted from the vehicle in front of you.

Yes, it's much easier to target smokers and forget about all the other pollution that you contrib...
(continues)
MotoJoe22

Jul 7, 2006, 7:58 PM
Plooky, all the polution you were talking about is not avoidable.. 2nd hand smoke is.
If you smoke, dont smoke around me cause not only is it unhealthy, i dont want to smell it.
captainplooky

Jul 7, 2006, 8:05 PM
I agree that smoker's should have the courtesy to try to keep their smoke as discreet as possible.

However, I find it laughable that some people have the audacity to criticize smoker's due to health and pollution concerns, while ignoring their own hefty contribution to pollution.

Simply because you do not see or smell it as strongly as cigarette smoke does not mean it does not exist and has no effect.

My favorite though is a morbidly obese person criticizing a smoker. That is just comedy gold.
spidermon

Jul 7, 2006, 4:56 PM
Sorry to hear about the food thing nikki but at least you know it wont last pollicies come and go at big pink so fast most of the time I didnt even know they were ever here 😎
Nikoletta

Jul 7, 2006, 5:12 PM
Yeah but they pull this 'half hour lunch' pocky all the time, it's just stupid. It's like punishing the people who actually planned to have time to sit down and eat with mandatory overtime.
captainplooky

Jul 7, 2006, 5:54 PM
Get a new job then and quit your bitching.

Gee...I surprised you ever chose to leave the man you married, for abuse, who was 20 years your senior if you complain this much about your job constantly and do nothing about it.
Don.Mobile

Jul 7, 2006, 5:59 PM
What is your fascination with f-ing with nikki? Do you see her as an easy target? Or maybe you have a crush?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.