Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 15 replies

WHY...i feel bad...but WHY

phoneguy45

Jul 5, 2006, 6:25 PM
i just had a customersome in to my store with his broken phone.(v180) taking a look at the gentleman, his wife (the both smelled and the kids (none of whom were wearing shoes or had a patch of clean skin on them) i thought right away he would want smething for free. So i took a deep breath and checked his account. Low and behold he didnt have insurance!!! so i told him that fortunately he was able to upgrade. here is where i thought the "wheres the free phone" was going to come in. but this guy picks out the most expensiv handset we have (299.99) and a bluetooth headset (110.00) and pays cash. im glad to make the sale and get him a phnoe he likes and works, but all i could think was. GO GET YOUR KIDS SOME SHOES WITH SOME OF THAT DRUG MONE...
(continues)
evilbstrd666

Jul 5, 2006, 6:32 PM
The truth often hurts.....

People have their priorities wrong. They'd rather have cell phones than kids that are clothed and fed.

The problem is, no one can do anything about it except the parents who don't care. So nothing gets done until something happens.

Thinking it's drug money: it's only bad if you suggest that to the customer, or suggest it to a fellow employee within earshot of said customer...... again, the truth often hurts.
spidermon

Jul 5, 2006, 6:44 PM
Drug money is the first thing I thought to probably doesnt pay taxes either call the cops have him arrested 😎
phoneguy45

Jul 5, 2006, 7:02 PM
or spray him down with soap and water and take the rest of his money!!
phoneguy45

Jul 5, 2006, 7:01 PM
sometimes a second opinion is in order to make you feel better about something. and i thank you for that.

p.s. i just used an entire can of airfreshner b/c is literally smelled like a guys locker room at the Y in here after he left! 🤭
captainplooky

Jul 6, 2006, 5:23 PM

The problem is, no one can do anything about it except the parents who don't care. So nothing gets done until something happens.

I completely disagree. The problem is in fact, that people like yourself, believe nothing can be done and so therefore take no action. Society condones actions by ignoring them.

There used to be a day when people would be called out for stuff like that by other parents. Nowadays, people are more concerned with feelings and getting along with everyone than standing up for what is right and saying so.

True, you can't force the man to do any of the things you would do, however, he must meet some standards.

If Phoneguy45 is truly as concerned as his post would indicate, he co...
(continues)
chainsaw

Jul 5, 2006, 8:29 PM
Maybe he was teaching the children the value of shoes or possible they ate them.
phoneguy45

Jul 5, 2006, 10:35 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of how to be a waste of space. Its the kids I felt bad about. They didn't do anything to deserve it. I don't know people just amaze me sometimes. I mean for god sake take care of your kids.
Nikoletta

Jul 6, 2006, 1:00 PM
It's like parents who don't buy food and their kids are rail thin but then go out and buy their smokes. I knew a couple who did that and it made me want to hit them (we were part of a camping group and needless to say their kids weren't watched after in camp and usually ended up getting fed at my kitchen, at least they ate well at those events.) That might also be another thing that explains my serious dislike of smoking in general, seeing what it does to some people.
chainsaw

Jul 6, 2006, 4:30 PM
Yeah that is bad. But it is even more discusting when people have morbidle obese children. Not only will it cause them social embarrasments but it is prone to cause longterm health effects as well.
Nikoletta

Jul 6, 2006, 5:23 PM
Also very true, that's bad parenting but I think it's better than neglect, since neglect will also leave a lot of emotional scars (not that the social embarrassment won't but I think the neglect scars can be more severe sometimes.)
spum

Jul 6, 2006, 1:32 PM
How do you know the kids didn't do anything to deserve it?
Nikoletta

Jul 6, 2006, 2:28 PM
Well if it were you I'd say you probably did but as a rule kids generally don't deserve to go barefoot, even in the summer. They may be little hellions but it's because their parents made them that way.
spum

Jul 6, 2006, 2:51 PM
Whatever. I know that kids are demons from conception.
Nikoletta

Jul 6, 2006, 3:06 PM
Shhhhh, don't tell about that, it's a secret! 😈
spum

Jul 6, 2006, 3:07 PM
Hardly!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.