Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 13 replies

Why do it if you know it's rude?

orphandrew

Jul 1, 2006, 2:02 PM
Seriously, I've had no less than 10 people today ask me to point them to T-Mobile/Cingular/Sprint/Nextel; it's a Verizon Wireless kiosk, not an information desk, so stop asking me to point you to someplace ELSE to get a cell phone.

And for that matter, stop asking me for directions, period. Seriously, you JUST passed the sign that said "Duck Boat Tours this way" with a big sasfdasd arrow pointing down this hall, stop asking "oh, are the Duck Boat Tours down this way?".
craptacularwireless

Jul 1, 2006, 2:11 PM
Just tell them you're new and you don't know the layout all that well yet.
chainsaw

Jul 1, 2006, 2:12 PM
or give them the wrong directions
orphandrew

Jul 1, 2006, 2:13 PM
I've done both on several occasions. I also tell people "oh I don't know but customer service is right there" and point to the customer service desk that's 50 feet away, but it doesn't help, as the Speds just walk back, forget where the the hell they're supposed to go, and ask me if they're going the right way. 👿
craptacularwireless

Jul 1, 2006, 2:14 PM
Start carrying rocks. As soon as you see one approaching, start throwing.
chainsaw

Jul 1, 2006, 3:10 PM
I like it when they come in looking for a store that went out of business 3 years ago and act so surprised. aowiehfasjdnf
krickt

Jul 1, 2006, 2:29 PM
NO, no, no! I got it. You say, "OMG! There's duck boat tours around here somewhere? Where!" That'll stop em, and you'll get great looks from your co workers. Or maybe, "No, way, are there really other cellphone companies in this mall? I need to go check that out!" Then go pick up a phone. That would be hilarious. You aren't paid to give directions, leave them to their own devices.
Insert Witty Name Here

Jul 1, 2006, 3:38 PM
Hey, orphan. Which way to the Lounge?
MotoJoe22

Jul 1, 2006, 3:43 PM
I get..

"Where is the bathroom"
Probably about 25X a day.. It gets pretty annoying.. I suppose im fortunate for not getting asked where the duck tours are..
orphandrew

Jul 1, 2006, 4:07 PM
Better than that, IMO, is when people have th gall to ask me for the code to the employee bathrooms, because they don't want to go into the public ones. 🙄
MotoJoe22

Jul 1, 2006, 4:14 PM
Or even better! I work for an indirect agent with verizon.. I get asked all the time where a corperate store is..

grr.
orphandrew

Jul 1, 2006, 4:36 PM
Oh, I get those two(also working for an indirect agent). I just ask them why, let them know we have the same selection and better customer service than the swamped, oftentimes rude reps at the nearest direct store, and help them out if I can.
Whitehorse

Jul 1, 2006, 5:31 PM
Tell them if they had your fancy new verizon phone that gives directions, they wouldn't need to ask! 😉
silentriot

Jul 5, 2006, 11:45 AM
I worked in a kiosk under a huge clock and within sight of a huge sign that said restrooms on it. People would ask me what time it was and I'd turn completely around and look at the gigantic clock just over my shoulder and politely tell them the time. I could usually watch them shrivel up into little red puddles before sulking away. I also liked telling them to "Go down this hall to the big @$$ arrow that says restrooms and turn left"

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.