Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

ESN Question

guitboxer

Jun 30, 2006, 5:39 PM
(CDMA based question)

what does it mean when the esn in an LG phone is all zeros?
guitboxer

Jun 30, 2006, 5:41 PM
the manufacturer is less important than the fact that the esn is all zeroes.
SeaGypsy

Jun 30, 2006, 5:45 PM
It generally means that there is a big problem. Haven't worked in CDMA in a few years but I believe it means either the phone does not have the proper flex ware, or it has been crashed by someone attempting to "unlock" it.
Jennyboo

Jun 30, 2006, 5:49 PM
The experiences I've had with it, they had all been unlocked previously and wanted to reactivate, but the system wouldn't allow it (obviously)
guitboxer

Jun 30, 2006, 6:12 PM
thanks for the responce 😁
Jennyboo

Jun 30, 2006, 6:15 PM
sure thang
duckbutter

Jul 1, 2006, 11:18 AM
phones screwed. I have only seen it once to a 4400 a couple of years ago and there was nothing we could do for it.
guitboxer

Jun 30, 2006, 5:53 PM
yeah I suspected it had something to do with the unlocking process, the cust got the thing off of ebay.

god what a horrible market for cdma phones. for most people its like saying..."please put it in my butt with no lube, please!"
granteezie

Jun 30, 2006, 6:15 PM
ummmmm.... the back of the phone should have a ESN HEX.
krickt

Jul 1, 2006, 11:22 AM
But if the phone's mother board thinks it's ESN is 0000000000, then the HEX # won't pull up the right one. YOu can put it online, with the hex translated esn, but the phone won't recognise the signals. Whoever unlocked the phone screwed it up irreparably. I've seen three of these from eBay, and they can't be fixed.
Whitehorse

Jul 1, 2006, 5:40 PM
krickt is right, the identity of the phone has been erased. It is terminal... ☹️
captainplooky

Jul 1, 2006, 5:47 PM
🤣

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.