Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 6 replies

We've all had it...but

kapwww

Jun 29, 2006, 12:00 PM
I know we've all had this problem, but this a$$hat really got my blood boiling.

A guy came in a few months ago with a Moto 815. Water is DRIPPING out of the phone. He says "my phone isn't working" to which I reply "it may have something to do with the water dripping out of it. water and electronics don't go well together." He says "my F*****G phone has never been wet." I point out the water dripping out of the phone. He says "are you calling me a liar?" to which I reply "well, based on the fact that there is something wet currently dripping out of your phone, I would have to say YES, I'm calling you a liar." He stormed out of the store.

The jerk comes back today and says he wants a POS RAZR. I look at his account and inform...
(continues)
OhSoKorny

Jun 29, 2006, 12:16 PM
I hope you fully notated the account in the hot notes about what you saw with the water dripping out.

Anyway, in this case the man may actually be mentally disturbed. It really sounds like he is in his own reality at this point and the only prison that would benefit him is a mental prison.

Luckily VZW has a policy that if a customer is threatening/abusive over the phone enough times that they can be cut off and never allowed service again. I know that Cingular has that policy too, but I've never seen it enforced when I was working there. (I have with VZW).

My point? Oh yeah. Cell phone carriers are wising up and if this guy follows though and cancels and throws a tantrum with other companies he may not recive a welcome. The market ...
(continues)
Nikoletta

Jun 29, 2006, 2:25 PM
Big Pink does the same type thing, I've handled a number of customers who want to set up service but then the Credit Team tells me they've had service before and had it shut down and any other communications will have to be written to our coporate office in Seatle, explaining why they really do deserve service again. Those always make me chuckle.
OB1J3D1

Jun 29, 2006, 12:16 PM
apparently Verizon agrees with the irate customer. 😈

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060628/ap_on_hi_te/veri ... »
kapwww

Jun 29, 2006, 12:22 PM
I don't have a problem with pro-rating the etf. That's understandable. However, on a base level, if you sign a contract, why do you think you shouldn't be held liable to that contract?
granteezie

Jun 29, 2006, 1:20 PM
that is a load of crap. and ETF is there for a reason and people should stand by their commitment.
xDon.TM

Jun 29, 2006, 12:20 PM
let the wanker sod off with a razr (hehe) laced dildo!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.