Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 12 replies

BOGO

clr7181

Jun 28, 2006, 11:08 AM
Wow, so some customers really are stupid.

Had a customer come in and was hoping to find some BOGO deals on camera phones. Well, when she picked out the phones she liked, I told her that those were on special and through the end of the month they were going to be $50, with a $50 Mail In Rebate = FREE!. She didn't like that. Another store up north had the same phones for BOGO, and she was adament about getting BOGO here. All in all, she wanted either the Samsung a850 or the LG vx5200, and both would have been free, and she walked out of my store upset because I wouldn't charge her the Buy One Get One Free. Why BOGO, when you can just get them free???????????

We always get customers who want everything for free, but what do you do ...
(continues)
Foamy

Jun 28, 2006, 11:27 AM
I had this happen to me once too. They were mad that I wasn't giving them the BOGO deal. I eventually interupted them and said "Listen to me. You don't have to PAY for one to get the other one free. They're BOTH free!"

After a completely confused look for about 45 seconds it finally set it... and then they left. 🙄
guido1869

Jun 28, 2006, 11:36 AM
i would've overcharged em in a heartbeat, they wanted to pay for one and you wanted to get paid so everyones happy, doubt the company would complain about you making them extra money either
clr7181

Jun 28, 2006, 11:42 AM
That is true, however our Point Of Sale System is set up so we can't cheat the customer or the company. The in-store rebates are auto-applied when we put in the activation information. I just don't think the customer understood what I was telling her. I would hate to sell someone a full blown cell phone plan and hope they understand the terms and conditions of the contract, especially if they can't understand the simple math of 50-50 = FREE!
guido1869

Jun 28, 2006, 11:46 AM
my pos doesn't let me reduce prices but i can raise them all i want, if i need to reduce a price i just call my dm and he does it
FONEFRENZY

Jul 9, 2006, 8:15 PM
I JUST had your customer. I tried to explain to her that I was giving her a better offer, for twenty minutes I tried every approach I could think of to explain it to her. After my last attempt (Ma'am, you dont have to give me ANY $$, and I'm gonna give you TWO PHONES! Thats sounds like a better offer than you giving me $100 for the two phones, doesnt it?) She started huffing and puffing, cleared her throat and yelled, "If you cant give me the BOGO price, I'm going to my local dealer!" and hung up.

After lmao for a few minutes, I remembered this post, and just wanted to let you know that Miss.BOGO is still terrorizing the cellular community! 😡
guido1869

Jul 10, 2006, 10:22 AM
my cust once

the commercials say that razrs are 69.99 i want 2

yes mam that is at the direct store and that price is after mail in rebate, you have to pay 119.99 each upfront, i have bogo on them 199.99 for both upfront and you still get mail in rebates

69.99 is less than 200

like i said mam thats after mir, you pay 240 for both upfront then get 100 in mirs that is 140 for both after rebates, or 70 each after mir, mine are 200 upfront then 100 back making it 100 for both that's 40 less than the direct store and only 50 each

i'm going to the direct store
alejandro

Jul 10, 2006, 2:41 PM
i hate the phrase "bogo"
Don.Mobile

Jul 10, 2006, 2:42 PM
It's all just GIGO to me.
alejandro

Jul 10, 2006, 2:44 PM
and that is?
Don.Mobile

Jul 10, 2006, 2:44 PM
Garbage In Garbage Out.
alejandro

Jul 10, 2006, 2:46 PM
oh, when us cellular gets rid of garbage, it just gets teh mail in rebate applied to it
bomb Diggity

Jul 11, 2006, 10:41 AM
Technically, you can overcharge them. Just make sure they pay cash. =)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.