Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 12 replies

Technicians Lament

Zoots Revenge

Jun 21, 2006, 6:54 AM
I want to understand why it is that because I am a technician customers believe that I can fix everything they have done to their phones. From Oatmeal oozing out of the back, to broken in 20 peices because it fell off a house. We are technicians not miracle workers. Sometimes when you drop your phone in paint it's not going to work. ๐Ÿคจ
krickt

Jun 21, 2006, 10:25 AM
Amen, brother, sing it to me sweet!
mrraincoat

Jun 21, 2006, 12:03 PM
"What do you mean if it won't turn on you can't get the numbers off?!"

I mean if it won't turn on, then I can't get the numbers off.
____

"My phone stopped working"

It's water damaged.

"That happened a long time ago, that's not what made it quit working."

Awfully convenient.
_____

"I dropped my phone"

No, I don't think you dropped it. I think you drop KICKED it into a LAKE. Because it's soaking wet, and in multiple pieces.

"I was in my house when I dropped it though."

Well your house must be built around a rainforest, because it's still dripping.
KrazyJoe

Jun 21, 2006, 12:17 PM
I just had a guy come in the other day and his phone "didn't work for some reason"

He, of course, denied that it ever got wet. When I showed him the tiny little bubble under the display he said "That tiny little drop of water killed my phone? I don't think so!"

I said "Sir, that tiny little bubble isn't water. It's air!"
spum

Jun 21, 2006, 12:10 PM
I had a woman come into my store not long ago that had dropped her phone into wood finish. It was eating the circuit board when we got it open. The circuit board was kind of floppy when we were done with it. Crazy.
So Cal 1155

Jun 22, 2006, 6:48 AM
...And then what happened??? ๐Ÿ˜ณ lol j/k thats cool, at my store were arent even equipped to open phones and check em out. So, our Tech all she does, is sit around, watch movies, and do minor inventory...
Pslim77

Jun 21, 2006, 5:46 PM
No Doubt brother. Get your S*it off your chest.
Zoots Revenge

Jun 21, 2006, 6:19 PM
Sister is more like it, but I think I shall. I just got off of work and let me just say if you run over your phone and it is in 20 peices... don't think that if you lay them out all nice and neat on my counter that they are going to magically put themselves back together. This lady looked at me as if I was going to waive a wand and suddenly her phone was going to be all better... or do a little song and dance you can never tell which.
Pslim77

Jun 22, 2006, 11:07 AM
My bad. I didn't know you were a ladie.
i do now though. You are soooo right with that
20 pieces. What do you mean you cant fix it.You should be able to put it back together just by looking at it. What kind of tech are you!!!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿคฃ
Sholyhit

Jun 21, 2006, 6:17 PM
But it has a 1 year warranty...

But I didn't know getting it wet would break it...

But the lady from customer service told me you could get me a new phone for free...

I have a friend who is a technician and he said getting your phone wet is actually good for it. You're a racist!!!
Whitehorse

Jun 21, 2006, 6:40 PM
Tis true! We get these "unique" people over the phone, though when I did talk to some in person it could be interesting... ๐Ÿ˜‰

I've found that using the term "option" helps...
mrgoon

Jun 22, 2006, 10:10 AM
i hate when a phone for whatever reason wont power on theres no damage i can find to think the cust did it so i tell them hey your in luck were gonna replace your phone.."well what was wrong with it?" im not really sure sir/ma'am itcould just be defective "well i want to know why it wont work your the tech you need to tell me why its broken!" ๐Ÿคจ its broken because it doesnt work thought those two kinda went hand in hand
cingcing

Jun 22, 2006, 1:04 PM

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.