Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 29 replies

Cingular mystery shops

cingcing

Jun 14, 2006, 1:25 PM
Are Bull$@#@!!!

My rep just got a 65 cause the shopper left! She left!!! He was in the middle of activating another customer, when Credit came back on the phone and he "I'll be right back to finish up." and the bitch left. Now he gets his commission cut, and I might too. And there is NO way to dispute it!!! Fu(k that!!

This is the type of $hit I left Cingular for in the first place. There is no accountability for anyone but the lowest people.
KrazyJoe

Jun 14, 2006, 1:37 PM
Wait, when you get a low score they dock the commission of the rep and the store? That's crazy.

Wow, I must've really screwed over the Cingular store I used to work at when I scored a 4.
cingcing

Jun 14, 2006, 1:40 PM
๐Ÿคฃ

Did you have your nametag on?
KrazyJoe

Jun 14, 2006, 2:26 PM
Yeah. The only points I received were for having my name tag, having clean, pressed clothing (any other day I probably wouldn't have received that point, but it was laundry day the day before), and I shaved (again, coincidently I shaved that day because my scruff was starting to itch).

The shop pretty much said that I didn't seem to care and didn't really bother to put much effort forth.

I couldn't really argue because I hated that store and the owner of it and the 5 or 6 customers I'd see a week (ridiculously slow store).
driven2insanity

Jul 19, 2006, 11:18 AM
my coworker got a 5. I think she just said her name LOL. No pay dock for me
Atavist Arise

Jun 14, 2006, 2:43 PM
we were getting shopped every day for a whole 60-90 days.

gotta LOVE how much stress cingy puts on indirects.

good news is, i just scored a perfect 100 percent on my last actual cingy mystery shop (not the 3rd party company doing the daily shops)

so i get 25 bucks on a gift card, and a comission increase to like 13 percent from 10.
So Cal 1155

Jun 14, 2006, 2:46 PM
NICE !! ๐Ÿ˜
cingcing

Jun 14, 2006, 5:14 PM
I was shopped last month and got 100.
shortnblonde28

Jun 15, 2006, 12:55 PM
Well I got a $100 gift card to anywhere I wanted....and a nice Cingular dress shirt. So ๐Ÿ˜›

๐Ÿ˜‰ And I've scored a hundred twice and got a 90 once. (darn demo-ing)
TIERRA226

Jun 14, 2006, 3:07 PM
Well, our company only get Verizon mystery shops. I got a 60 onetime for promoting Sprint ( We had a good deals on Sprint phones that week), a 96 ( Yay!), and a 70 something. Another time they came by, our rep was dropping off price plans, I was with a customer and he got shopped. We both knew it was a secret shopper b/c she asked for his card. He was worried but he got a 100. Besides that time, I always get them, out the 4 employees that worked here. I always forget the attachments. And selecting a price plan custom for the customer.
Jennyboo

Jun 14, 2006, 5:11 PM
I was shopped from Sprint once when I worked for Alamosa (former affiliate), I did really well. The thing that sucked about it was that it was taped (they have little cameras stuck on their shirts) and apparently they make you watch them!! ugh, so I had to sit and watch it with my asst mgr, store mgr, and director. ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿคญ It made me a little uncomfortable.
cingcing

Jun 14, 2006, 5:15 PM
I wish cingy's shoppers were held that accountable.
s13driftingTX

Jun 21, 2006, 12:19 PM
What store were you at? I worked for alamosa too.
silentscream

Jun 14, 2006, 5:31 PM
So according to people up above me, i had Isomeone come in Friday and "shop." Supposedly she stood around for 45 minutes, and I didn't say a word to her. Funny, I don't remember anyone in here that long that day, period. Nor do we have regular wait times like that. Crazy lady. So, I got a 0. F-that.
texaswireless

Jun 14, 2006, 6:14 PM
Depending on the state that type of reduced commission is illegal. Commission is guaranteed pay. Now bonus, that is another story. All of my reps are paid a BONUS that a low shop can invalidate, but they would have to have a really damn low score for that. They receive $50 for anything above a 90 and $200 for a 100 score (plus $50 from our R.A.E.).
cingcing

Jun 20, 2006, 7:21 PM
When I started here I signed something stating that I (the manager) was graded quarterly on mystery shops. Now come to find out, since I get my commision monthly, I am graded monthly. (a lawyer will be looking at this VERY soon.)

My reps commision was cut by 50%. He probably lost $300 or $400. Ouch I know. Mine was cut from 25% of the stores profit to 10%. It's probably gona cost me around $1200. And I have NO recourse. The job hunt starts TONIGHT.

I got 100% when I was shopped. Wanna know what my reward was? 2 $25 gift cards and lunch from my Cingular rep.

I doubt if any secret shoppers read this forum, but if you do. FU(K YOU! I HATE you.

I got 100% when I was shopped. Wanna know what my reward was? 2 $25 gift cards and lunch f...
(continues)
granteezie

Jun 20, 2006, 7:38 PM
www.gowireless.net
cingcing

Jun 20, 2006, 7:41 PM
๐Ÿคฃ Thanks, but. Isn't that basically the same company?
granteezie

Jun 20, 2006, 7:58 PM
no. we're pretty decent to our managers.
cingcing

Jun 20, 2006, 8:02 PM
I'll look into it.
celtic_flirt

Jul 18, 2006, 5:10 PM
Is your store strictly Cingular granteezie???
I work for GoWireless but We're Verizon over here.
Our area likes to fire managers within a week after being promoted. I have resisted the request to become a manager so far, but then again next week is my last so it's all good.
cingcing

Jun 20, 2006, 7:52 PM
see how pissed off I am? I mentioned the 100% twice.
Insert Witty Name Here

Jun 22, 2006, 12:53 PM
๐Ÿคฃ
Whitehorse

Jun 20, 2006, 8:41 PM
Dude, that sucks donkeys!!! ๐Ÿ‘ฟ I'd love to see what criteria they use...

The no recourse things is really shady, may not be legal? ๐Ÿคจ

Cingular advertises on the DailyKos.com - farrrrr left tinfoil hat wearer website - that they are the only unionized company in wireless. I guess salespeople aren't invited to join the union?
cingcing

Jun 21, 2006, 11:11 AM
๐Ÿคฃ You said tinfoil hat.

Actually, in retail only salespeople are allowed in the union. I moved to indirect a couple of months ago, no union.
Whitehorse

Jun 21, 2006, 4:35 PM
They recently had a convention where, as a joke, they had a tinfoil hat making competition... I'd love to have been there, I would have had a blast!!! ๐Ÿ˜
mobilewestinc

Jun 21, 2006, 11:35 AM
I work for an independent agent, and if we score 90 or above we get $100 bonus on our check, if we score 85 to 90, good job, your doing your job, but if you score less than an 85 you get docked $100. Actually my boss came up with a check list to use, because someone who works at one of our other stores got shopped, and it was someone he knew!! So the shopper actually gave him the list of what they go by. It's crazy, if you don't introduce yourself by name, you loose 10 points, if you don't demonstrate 2 features, another 10 points. And other things like, you have to recommend a $59.99 rate plan or higher, with at least 2 features.
cingcing

Jun 21, 2006, 11:43 AM
You weren't given the criteria before that? ๐Ÿ˜•
mobilewestinc

Jun 22, 2006, 12:29 PM
No actually we weren't, I'm so tired of this company, they do everything backwords. Anybody know any agents in Louisiana or Houston, TX?
chainsaw

Jul 19, 2006, 12:08 PM
We get a $200 bonus if we score 90 or higher. It is totally awesome! I love my company!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.