Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 9 replies

I would rather...

katman_blue

May 21, 2006, 1:36 PM
have a drunken crackhead come into my store and scream at me for 20 minutes about how her tracfone doesn't work anymore because she lit it on fire, than having a person ignore me. Theres nothing more that I hate when I politely ask someone what I could help them with, or even just say "hello" and they pretend like I'm a f*cking invisible mute. ACKNOWLEDGE ME!! Say "no thank you" or "hello" or "f*ck off" but dont just ignore me you f*cking prick
spum

May 21, 2006, 1:40 PM
I hate being ignored too. I used to stand next to people and greet them 9 times until they would acknowledge that I was there.
guitboxer

May 21, 2006, 1:56 PM
its the worst when you work in a kiosk. Mainly because people will stand and look at the phones for no reason other than stare at something while waiting.

Then there are the people that ignore you and when you finally give up on them they come over in huff and start firing questions like you have been slighting them the whole time.
spum

May 21, 2006, 1:59 PM
Yeah, if people ignore me, I usually don't pay much attention to them either. I'd greet them 2 or 3 times, then if they continued to ignore me, I'd just walk away. I had one guy try to catch my attention just as I was walking away, but I just walked away. He got angry and left. It made me feel better.
guitboxer

May 21, 2006, 2:11 PM
Around this area families tend to travel in packs so it can be really disconcerting to have 8 to 10 people milling around a kiosk for too long without any intention of doing anything.

It gets worse when one of them finally gets the gumption to ask a question then they all move in for the kill. Then you cant even figure out who the hell is making the decision when ma and pa are asking a question and junior and his four kids are asking why they paid a different price.
spum

May 21, 2006, 3:22 PM
Yeah, it blows when you can't figure out who's actually buying the cell phone. I always feel like an idiot when I say, "So the cell phone is for (you)?" And they look at me like I haven't been listening and say, "No...it's for HER!"
alejandro

May 21, 2006, 2:39 PM
are you using slighting in a sentence to prove a point hunter?
guitboxer

May 21, 2006, 4:12 PM
no Chet for that would be a bit of verbal sleight of hand no my par. so pip pip and tally ho my good chap.
alejandro

May 21, 2006, 4:15 PM
well hunter, the foxes are awfully spry this morning, shall we finish our highballs and get off to the hunt then?
Whitehorse

May 21, 2006, 4:18 PM
As a customer I can't stand when the person behind the counter avoids eye contact & does everything to not acknowledge that I'm there. I've been in the situation where a customer purposefully ignores me or allows distractions, & that blows sperm (whales)!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.