Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 22 replies

How Long Ago was that?

Nikoletta

May 9, 2006, 1:32 PM
So Hurricane Katrina was how long ago? I've lost track but it's got to be close to a year since we're coming into the next hurricane season. I just had a guy call in asking about free phones for hurricane Katrina Victims.

Is anybody offering things for Katrina Victims? Isn't there some sort of time limit on how long we be nice and take a loss to help people displaced by the hurricane?
celesticatfl

May 9, 2006, 1:38 PM
Hurricane Katrina was August 29th, 2005. The company I work for is a Regional (Tier 2) provider. With Residents of affected counties in the states of MS, and AL, these folks can still file for assistance in the form of a free phone with 300 mins at no cost to them for a period of 120 days. Or if they already have our service, they can get a $130 bill credit. They must fill out paperwork and certify that they are eligible.
😁
Sh0rtie

May 9, 2006, 1:49 PM
wow that is a pretty good deal. How long are u gonna be doing this for...any idea?
Vox Dei

May 9, 2006, 3:52 PM
Sounds like it's over if it lasts 120 days. that's 4 months and the hurricane was in august.
Sh0rtie

May 9, 2006, 4:57 PM
um no the thread i replied to said that they get a free phone with free service for 120 days...that doesnt mean they've stopped offering it. and i someone else replied saying it isnt over yet...but nice try
Vox Dei

May 9, 2006, 5:23 PM
Ahhh. My mistake. I thought you ment the offer was for 120 days.
Sh0rtie

May 9, 2006, 5:25 PM
thats okay, ill let it slide 🙂
guido1869

May 13, 2006, 5:30 PM
I was affected by Hurricane Rita and nobody offered any of us a free phone and service. Hell a lot of people didn't even get credit for roaming when we were forced to evac.
TEMPS33

May 9, 2006, 2:34 PM
Good point, why should we be nice and try to help people that lost pretty much everything? Just curious, but what kind of loss have you taken from helping these people?
Brown Eyed Vixen

May 9, 2006, 2:46 PM
June 1st is the end of that deal, by the way. Figured I'd answer since there was no reply.
Sh0rtie

May 9, 2006, 2:51 PM
thanx
Nikoletta

May 9, 2006, 4:40 PM
The company makes no money off of the service they've given out but they did give the phones for free, so it is costing the company money. Yes they lost everything but it's also been 9 months... At some point in time people do need to pick themselves up and not expect others to take care of them.
searching-for-service

May 10, 2006, 9:08 AM
Were you or any of your family members affected by Katrina?
Nikoletta

May 10, 2006, 12:28 PM
Yes, my Aunt (and her kids) and a Great Aunt.
searching-for-service

May 9, 2006, 2:51 PM
ARE YOU SERIOUS?
Brown Eyed Vixen

May 9, 2006, 3:01 PM
About the offer? Yes...
Nikoletta

May 9, 2006, 3:23 PM
Is who serious? I'm serious in asking who is still offering these, we don't offer them over the phone, we have to refer people to stores in the affected areas however it HAS been 9 months since that happened, my question was simply when those specials were ending.
Insert Witty Name Here

May 9, 2006, 4:27 PM
My name is Katrina. Anything free for me?
Vox Dei

May 9, 2006, 5:04 PM
I'll give you a free swift kick in the a....
Sh0rtie

May 9, 2006, 5:08 PM
no thanx im all set
Insert Witty Name Here

May 13, 2006, 11:45 AM
😕
cheerios

May 19, 2006, 6:23 PM
Well you have to keep in mind how long it takes to rebuild. I can see not still offering that, but it's going to take a long time before their back where they where.
Nikoletta

May 19, 2006, 6:58 PM
That's very true, it does take a long time to rebuild but we've never even offered it over the phone because of all the paperwork that has to be shown to prove it so it's frustrating to me to get the calls about it when the literature that they put out concerning it says clearly that they have to go to a listed store to get it.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.