Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

Wrong number Calling

ki0sk

May 8, 2006, 7:12 PM
hardly any answers at the lounge so...

I have gotten calls where it turns out to be a wrong number. it goes somewhat like this,

caller: is so-and-so there
me: no, you have the wrong number.
caller: is this xxx-xxx-xxxx.
me: yes it is.
caller: ok thanks.

*click*

now i've gotten 3 of these calls in total.thing is the caller id on all 3 numbers are roughly the same, aside from the last 2 digits,
ex:
111-111-1198
111-111-1157
111-111-1155

Somebody here said it "sounds like 3 people on a family plan who all knew the same guy until he canceled that number and you picked it up." I doubt that because all 3 callers were of different ethnicity based on their heavy accents(korean, mexican) and also because all 3 asked for a di...
(continues)
ki0sk

May 8, 2006, 7:15 PM
forgot to mention this was in 2 days time, Friday and today, Monday
djdelay

May 9, 2006, 12:18 PM
for a solid year-year and a half, I recieved calls at random for a gentleman named Jim Reed. Now, Jim Reed is the name of a guy who owns a big Chevy dealership in downtown Nashville. I thought that's whose number this had been. I couldn't have been more wrong.

One day I got a call who left a voicemail (which mine is usually absurd, I don't know why they would think it was for this guy). It went a little something like this:

This message is for Jim Reed. This is Officer Soandso with the Metro-Davidson County Police, I got your number from Seargeant Whatshisname. We worked together in Granada and also did some stings together in Florida and Tennessee. We need your help organizing another one in Nashville. If you could please ...
(continues)
Vox Dei

May 9, 2006, 4:09 PM
"Whaaat...Your whooo?...Man you gottta come down and try somma this stuff. bring some nuchos with you this stufff is making me hungry...whaaat? your whoo?..."

Bad things waiting to happen.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.