Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 22 replies

New Commercial

aemsafd

May 1, 2006, 4:26 PM
OK, so I have no idea why Alltel is advertising here, as we're about three to five hours from the nearest Alltel markets, but they just had a decent commercial on TV.

They had the Verizon geek, the Sprint pervert, and the T-Mobile bimbo, and were talking up there service that offers unlimited calling to select people of ANY carrier.

Like I said, decent commercial. Almost makes me want to buy an Alltel phone. Until I realize that they suck. Anyone here sell Alltel?
Whitehorse

May 1, 2006, 11:56 PM
So what you're saying by omission is that Cingular is too cheap to have a human spokesperson??? 😁
KrazyJoe

May 2, 2006, 9:10 AM
I just saw the commercial too last night. Which is odd since Alltel is nowhere near my area either.

They do have the Cingular guy (Jack) there as well. He's just much shorter then the rest of them so he's kinda easy to miss.

It was actually a pretty good commercial.
blusdrmr

May 2, 2006, 12:00 PM
Same thing for here in NC. T-Mobile does not exist here but I see thier commercials all of the time.

BTW.....Alltel sucks. Been there, sold it, used it. Customer service is almost as bad as Sprint.
uscingulair

May 2, 2006, 12:05 PM
Jack would kick the sh!t of the virizon guy, bone zeta jones, bitch slap the sprint tool. then go home and make Jessica rabbit cook him dinner and get him a beer.....cartoons are cool
blusdrmr

May 2, 2006, 12:14 PM
You forgot Harry Connick. (SunCom spokesperson) 🤣
uscingulair

May 2, 2006, 12:29 PM
he would beat him to death and then stash his body in his piano
aemsafd

May 3, 2006, 9:26 PM
Don't forget that beautiful US Cellular spokeswoman... Joan Cusack ???
motosux

May 7, 2006, 11:59 AM
you mean "Just bone Joan".
She would swallow all 5 of them with her ginormous man jaw!

But yeah, that commercial just started airing in Chicago too and its far from Alltell territory. I got a kick out of it though; one of the better ones I've seen lately.
alejandro

May 7, 2006, 12:06 PM
yeah, my girlfriend saw it come on yesterday, i only saw half of it and she says "is there even an alltel anywhere around here?"

If you want to drive 6 hours away.
motosux

May 7, 2006, 12:28 PM
I'm glad its airing though for the comic relief...especially for anti-corporate reps like ourselves 😈
Ask The Shack

May 8, 2006, 10:56 PM
Yeah, same here. I don't understand why they advertise here in NY. I guess it has to do that I can sign up for their national plan, but I would think that I would always be roaming, and they would cancel my contract after the fist month 😛

I do like the ad tho, it's funny. They also have a little comic strip on their website about the commercial.
Jennyboo

May 11, 2006, 2:47 PM
We have alltel here, and I heard the only thing it's good for is going up north (northern WI that is)
Insert Witty Name Here

May 7, 2006, 12:46 PM
Who's the Sprint geek? 😕
alejandro

May 7, 2006, 1:17 PM
that gay guy in the trench coat
xIsamuTM

May 8, 2006, 12:19 PM
kinda looks like Mulder, if mulder was (more of) a nerd.
Jennyboo

May 11, 2006, 3:03 PM
His name was Brian, and he's gone now with the Sprint/Nextel merger.
aemsafd

May 8, 2006, 7:53 AM
No.

It's Verizon Geek and Sprint Pervert.

The Verizon guy is the dweeb with glasses that goes around saying "Can you here me now?"

And the Sprint rep is that creepy guy that walks around in a trenchcoat, showing you how good PCS service works at the elementary school playground. Hmmmm.....
Vox Dei

May 9, 2006, 4:23 PM
Did anyone ever see that Cingular commercial about 2 years ago durring the super bowl. It was a guy that looks like the verizon dweeb standing on the 50 yard line saying "can you hear me n...." Then he gets tackled by 4 or 5 football players (can't remember who). I think it only played a couple times before they had to take it off the air. It was a good comercial. I don't remeber anything about cingular being on it but watching the verizon guy (well a guy that looked like him anyway) getting tackled was great.
i can here me now

May 11, 2006, 4:52 PM
I like the cartoon that used to be on www.alltelcircle.com.

It shows the Alltel Rep, VZW Geek, SPRINT Agent, T-Mob Bimbo on a boat and the bimbo is sick looking, the Geek said don't worry i threw he anchor and it shows CING Jack underwater holding the boat down.
blusdrmr

May 15, 2006, 4:50 PM
You know what really toasts me about that stupid commercial, though? SunCom came out with their "Mobile to Anyone" about a month or so before Alltel did. We still smoke them on it, though. With ours you can change your "10 list" every billing cycle. Alltel only lets you do it every 6 months. Ours is Nationwide, thiers is only on their Regional plans (at last check).
aemsafd

May 15, 2006, 4:52 PM
Dude, calm down, it's just a cell phone plan.
cheerios

May 19, 2006, 6:17 PM
I don't sell alltell but I do subscribe to alltell. They aren't sold in my area but I'm tied to a contract under my sisters name anyways alltell in my experience doesn't have bad coverage. They buy tower time from verizon and even in my home calling area I get good service. 🙂

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.