Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 15 replies

F#ck!!! Yeah, screw being nice...

WirelessZoneJerry

Apr 28, 2006, 12:27 PM
đŸ‘ŋ

I have had it with some customers. One in particular...

I knew this customer from the get-go. He came from Nextel to VZW and brought 6 lines with him. I spent a great deal of time "selling" him on VZW, giving him the run down on his first bill, then explaining it to him when it actually arrived (he still had no idea). Anyway, all was great. Keep in touch (very small town here in Pasadena MD).

So one day he needs to make an insurance claim. No problem, I set him up with a loaner and made him fill out the loaner agreement we have as back up (incase the customer screws up the phone we lent them). No problems there. He returns and even refurs more customers to me. Even better!

Now on to the real issue...

He comes in again...
(continues)
MIKE3222

Apr 28, 2006, 12:30 PM
that's rough. but, there's no customer loyalty and you know that (at least you do now). they are out to get what they can, same as us. now you know to never trim corners on the paperwork. that and smack the person who took it back.
WirelessZoneJerry

Apr 28, 2006, 12:35 PM
yep. 😕

Gotta say though... I hope I see him around.
MIKE3222

Apr 28, 2006, 12:39 PM
is he a large fellow? if so you should carry a mag-lite.
WirelessZoneJerry

Apr 28, 2006, 12:42 PM
Nah.

But - If I had the power to, I would totally change his ESN right back to his older one.
axess_denied

Apr 28, 2006, 6:48 PM
He rushed out with NO paperwork? That blows, if you memo'd the account that he verbally agreed to same agreement as previously signed, you'd be golden.
WirelessZoneJerry

Apr 28, 2006, 7:10 PM
Luxuries of a corp store I would assume... ☚ī¸
axess_denied

Apr 28, 2006, 7:27 PM
Ahh... point taken. That bites.
Insert Witty Name Here

Apr 29, 2006, 4:48 PM
Could you do this?

Inform him if he doesn't pay for the damaged phone, his line will be suspended.

Temporarily suspend his line when he still doesn't believe you and pay.

If you're not corp and able to suspend, you could call into to customer care pretending to be the customer and ask to have the line temporarily put on hold. I would think the customer wouldn't know the details of a non-corporate store not having real access and would automatically assume you are the one who flipped the switch and cut him off.

He would then rush into your location, pay for the phone and ask for you to turn his phone back on.

Do you think that would work for you?
ESmurf

Apr 29, 2006, 5:02 PM
sneaky sneaky...
BrokenCellPhone

Apr 29, 2006, 5:20 PM
are you kidding me?!

Nextel would make you pay for that?!

My company would never do that.
Insert Witty Name Here

Apr 29, 2006, 5:28 PM
BrokenCellPhone said:

Nextel would make you pay for that?!

😕 He works for Verizon.
kapwww

May 4, 2006, 11:00 AM
I would just send the guy a bill for the phone. If he doesn't have a receipt proving that he paid you for the phone and you can show anything proving the phone belongs in your company inventory, you can charge him. If you have the phone back in your store, pull the "you break it you buy it" rule.
pimpdaddy008

May 4, 2006, 12:02 PM
why dont you screw with his account and that will get him in. Delete voicemail, caller id, thats how i get them to come back in. You can do it from any phone as long as you have his info. Dont let him get away with it. If you get no where make a mental not in a few months to change his plan so it really messes him up. Delete his insurance so when he has a problem he will not be able to make a claim. He wont even notice it on the bill if it goes down a few dollars. no one complains when the bill is a little less. Keep me posted...i love sh*t like this!!!!
Vox Dei

May 4, 2006, 2:36 PM
Wow. Talk about unethical.
pimpdaddy008

May 4, 2006, 12:05 PM
if you can call in as him put a password on his account so he cant even access it and will have to come in...

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.