Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 18 replies

Just stating the obvious.....

OrangeGuy

Apr 27, 2006, 10:43 PM
Just want to share a story or two about some customer interactions. Since this forum is going to **** with crap like which state is better and so-and-so should be president, I figured this could help ease the boredom.

I had a call today with a fairly older man asking my why his wife cannot upgrade like he just did. I look at his profile and see he just completed an upgrade in early April and I was more than happy to see why.

Well, turns out they made an exception for being "such a good customer" of 2 years 🙄 and decided to give his line only a standard upgrade. When I explained that I can only give his wife an exception upgrade he gets pissed and states I am wrong and I better check. He said he wants the same phone he got on his...
(continues)
funkymunky760

Apr 28, 2006, 12:18 PM
I can totaly picture this kind of customer!! 🙄 But I think you threw fuel on the fire to start by telling him you couldn't see which one was the primary. This agrivated him because you are the provider & you know EVERYTHING according to him! Why you didnt just look it up yourself rather than telling him that I cant answer. I also despise reps that send their angry customers to rls department! I always happen to end up with them. Then they spend 10 mins bitching about the previous rep & another hour and a half talking to my sup. Goodbye aht!

Ang
Vox Dei

Apr 28, 2006, 4:34 PM
I know everything...but it takes me time to look it all up. I can tell which phone is the main line but i have to check each service indivitually. I don't get a big popup that says this is the main line. On my system all the adda lines have a little tag that says add a line but i can't see that tag unless i open that service up. Don't know if you guys are different, although i know AWS's GSM system was alot different and always had the main line at the top and each additional line under it. This sounds like a good way to do it but that system was so conviluted it took you 8 pages to to see the main line after opening the account.

I hate when people ask for a supervisor. Seriously my supervisor is great and she does her job really go...
(continues)
funkymunky760

Apr 28, 2006, 6:39 PM
If you use telegence, you can just click on group level. The one with the check mark is the primary. I didn't mean to come off as attacking you either. I was in a rush to write that before I got caught by the fun police (mngmnt) Im sure if he didn't start off as a prick you probably wouldn't have had as much of an attitude and more willingness to help. But I still don't like getting the customers that were previously transfered to the rls department. And LOL about "Trust me i can help you a lot better than my supervisor can. And if i can't she's not the one to ask." 😉
Considering I spend most all of my free time reading csp between calls, after catching up here, I think I can relate. Thats going to soon change now that I have discove...
(continues)
Vox Dei

Apr 29, 2006, 11:02 AM
Sorry i didn't mean to sound like i had attitude. I was just sort of explaining how our system is. I don't work for cingular and when i did i never saw telegence or care i was just working with the old blue systems.
Insert Witty Name Here

Apr 28, 2006, 5:04 PM
OrangeGuy said:
What's even worse is that I cehck his account later only to find that some chick in another center bent over to let this guy analy rape her and give him whatever he wanted. Yeah, I love our customers 👿

Personally, I have to say, I love reps like that. My husband and his brother are on a family line with T-Mobile. They both want Rzrs and the offering price was $179.99 each with a $50.00 mail-in rebate.

Since, we're out of contract, I called into cancellations pretending to ask for the account number and asking if I needed to cancel if I wanted to port my line to Cingular who is offering the 2 Rzrs for $99. Being a rep for T-Mobile (Indirect, though) I know I don't need to cancel a...
(continues)
MIKE3222

Apr 28, 2006, 5:06 PM
you dirty little tramp! i like it!
axess_denied

Apr 28, 2006, 6:44 PM
That is something for you to be proud of... Use the loopholes of the company your represent to benefit yourself. What a scummy thing to do. I hope you took a shower afterward. 🤣
Insert Witty Name Here

Apr 29, 2006, 10:48 AM
I see nothing wrong in what I did. I consider it 'smart shopping', akin to bargaining in a flea market. They have me for 2 more years on a family plan close to $80.00 a month and we have new phones. Everyone is happy. It really is a win-win situation. 🙂
OrangeGuy

Apr 29, 2006, 4:32 PM
I hop none take it the wrong way, but I hate customers like you 😳
Not personally, but they bitch and whine and lie to get the lastest phone on one of our cheapest plans so they can be happy.

You know, Cingular doesn't even start to make any profit off a new account until 6 months later. That's right, we slit our own throats just to keep a customer happy and they abuse it. Personally, if someone that's been with us for 2 years is going to leave, **** it, they can leave for all I care.

Although I've worked with Cingular for quite a long time, I've only recently signed up with them. And no, it's not a special employee plan. It's a normal consumer plan like everyone else. I have a 700 minute family talk plan (2 lines, me and my GF), 10...
(continues)
Insert Witty Name Here

Apr 29, 2006, 5:08 PM
OrangeGuy said:
In short, most of our customers are nothing special.

Real nice attitude.

I know a lot of loopholes working in this industry for the past 6 years. I've helped certain customers with insurance claims, getting out of etfs and get discounts off of handsets.

I even tell customers if you can't get the help you're looking for from that rep, hang up, call right back and you'll find the next rep more willing to help you out.

It seems to me some reps have a stick stuck up their ass and aren't willing to help the customer at all - constantly putting people on hold/mute, too lazy to look for an answer to a question or transfer the customer around 10 times because no one knows what they are ...
(continues)
ESmurf

Apr 29, 2006, 5:22 PM
Upgrade activation fee? Like adding a line or what?
Insert Witty Name Here

Apr 29, 2006, 5:26 PM
With Sprint and Nextel, if a customer upgrades/replaces a phone, a $36.00 upgrade fee is placed on their bill. It's really stupid and if, only if the customer complains about it, I will get it waived.

I can get activation fees waived too by emailing the same help desk and stating the customer "wasn't aware at POS" of the fee.
ESmurf

Apr 29, 2006, 5:58 PM
Wow... Plooky would KILL you if you tried to make him pay an upgrade fee. Are a lot of the fees Sprint/Nextel charges new since the merger or did both companies have them before?
Insert Witty Name Here

Apr 30, 2006, 1:52 PM
I'm not sure about Sprint before but with Nextel, yes, they did it and it is by far the dumbest thing ever. I mean, the customer is already in service and they are agreeing to renew their contract for either 1 or 2 years and how can they want to charge them a fee? Oh, and Nextel before the merger did not charge activation fees to existing customers when doing an add-on, now they do. Carriers are greedy, greedy, greedy.
guido1869

Apr 30, 2006, 2:23 PM
when i quit sprint cs in aug there was no such fee
Big Poppa

May 3, 2006, 12:24 PM
Actually your wrong..

There has ALWAYS been the fee.. It was just never imposed. Most reps didn't want to go through the hassel of arguing over it with the customer so we never added it. (Only when the customer was being a jerk-off.. LoL!)
OrangeGuy

Apr 29, 2006, 8:08 PM
Insert Witty Name Here said:

I know a lot of loopholes working in this industry for the past 6 years. I've helped certain customers with insurance claims, getting out of etfs and get discounts off of handsets.

I even tell customers if you can't get the help you're looking for from that rep, hang up, call right back and you'll find the next rep more willing to help you out.

It seems to me some reps have a stick stuck up their ass and aren't willing to help the customer at all - constantly putting people on hold/mute, too lazy to look for an answer to a question or transfer the customer around 10 times because no one knows what they are doing.

Our job is to make the customer happy and if their request is within
(continues)
evilbstrd666

Apr 29, 2006, 5:32 PM
That's the way. Had a customer call in, didn't believe what I said.

One hour later, the same voice was on the phone. Guess the answer still didn't change.

Third times the charm, huh? NOPE! Told him the same thing for the THIRD time....

Sad thing is, I answered with my first name every time. If he wasn't so freaking retarded, he would have picked up on the fact he spoke with the same person three times!

We'll give it an hour, perhaps he'll try again.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.