Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 15 replies

Rainman

texaswireless

Apr 26, 2006, 6:35 PM
Ok, so we have had this customer for about a year now. Comes in to make a payment the first time and all he says is "yeah", like Rainman.

"Would you like us to show you how to use *pay?"

"yeah"

"It would let you save a trip each month instead of driving here to make a payment"

"yeah"

"Ok, here is how you do it." All he does is slide the check over and doesn't look. This went on for about three months. Pretty soon we just did it for him. No more questions, because the answer was always "yeah".

So homey comes in today with his old and NEW phone and says "I lost my old phone and then found it, can you turn it back on?" I look and he bought the phone at a different store!!!!!

I ask him why he didn't buy it from me. Al...
(continues)
Mid_Isle

Apr 26, 2006, 6:55 PM
Yeah.
mike1113

Apr 26, 2006, 7:05 PM
Yeah, 246 toothpicks, definately 246, Wapner at 3:00.
Mid_Isle

Apr 26, 2006, 7:32 PM
Gotta take Quaaantas
axess_denied

Apr 26, 2006, 7:15 PM
You got snowed. ☚ī¸
texaswireless

Apr 27, 2006, 11:19 AM
Ok smart guy. You sit down with this dude and tell me that. You'd walk away shaking YOUR head as well.
axess_denied

Apr 27, 2006, 11:21 AM
Smart guy? I was on your side... 🙄
texaswireless

Apr 27, 2006, 11:30 AM
I guess I am not up on all the young folks and how they talk. My definition of "snowman" is that someone got taken. I think this guy really has mental issues and just can't get it.

Sorry for the assumption.
axess_denied

Apr 27, 2006, 11:45 AM
You did get taken, he didn't get the phone from you after you have been helping him for years. I think that is ricockulous.
texaswireless

Apr 27, 2006, 12:16 PM
Ok, then I did understand your statement.

The guy is mentally ill. Like I said, sit down with him and you would get it. He is like Rainman, he doesn't get that it helps me to buy from me. He sees Cingular. He thinks the candy bar is $50.
BrokenCellPhone

Apr 27, 2006, 2:54 PM
The wireless industry has really backed itself into a corner.

"Free" Phones have done little to establish value in our product or customer loyalty at all.

Customers think that because they have A's service, they can go to any A store and there you have it, they've been a good customer.

There is a rep in my store that babies his customers so much, that it sucks when he has a day off. These people have come to expect to have us apply numerous bill credits, swap out handsfree headsets that have broken (for free!) and then try to demand the same things out of the other reps in the store.

This rep once gave over $3000 in bill credits in one month. When my manager finally cracked down, many of these people left my company.

when s...
(continues)
texaswireless

Apr 27, 2006, 2:57 PM
He has mental issues folks. He isn't all there. This isn't a "he betrayed me post".

Damn.
djdelay

Apr 28, 2006, 1:19 PM
I got it TW.....you should have said that he forgot a Nerf helmet or something for the rest of the people here.
texaswireless

Apr 28, 2006, 1:33 PM
Exactly.

Coooo loo co co coooo loo co co
axess_denied

Apr 28, 2006, 6:30 PM
I think we understood you... The first time really, we all just feel as if you were still screwed because YOU HAVE GONE OUT OF YOUR WAY TO HELP HIM AND HAVE NOT BENEFITTED PERSONALLY FOR IT. No one, at least to my knowledge, wants to castrate this guy or hang him for "betrayal."
ESmurf

Apr 28, 2006, 6:59 PM
I almost think you might have my rainman. but he says a lot more than yeah. and I don't think he could possibly need more help than he gets from us. Since he bought his phone here he has come in at least once a week, usually more. I just want to take his phone away from him. It's not his first cell. Why is it so complicated? Ugh, rant over.

Luckily I'm not the one usually here when he comes in... meandthecapnmakeithappen is, he's the one who nicknamed him Rainman.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.