Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 13 replies

How Do Add Lines Work?

Nikoletta

Apr 25, 2006, 1:16 PM
For us you can only add a line at the 9.99 monthly add-on price to existing family plans. Single Line Plans are SINGLE LINE only plans, so they are not eligible for add ons. No amount of whining complaining, big-huffy-sighing will change that.

If you want to add lines to an existing set of minutes you must have a family plan. End of Story.

How do other companies handle it? Have I asked this before? I never remember.
Insert Witty Name Here

Apr 25, 2006, 1:23 PM
I know with Sprint and Nextel, it's just not possible to add onto a single line plan. A lot of people complain about the fact that they can't go onto the Free Incoming plan but oh, well, nothing we can do.

Some customers seem to never be happy.
uscingulair

Apr 25, 2006, 1:48 PM
that's the same here with cingular. If you want to share the min. the only way to do it is to have a ft account.
phatbasstard

Apr 25, 2006, 2:00 PM
the only plan you can just add a line for 9.99 to with cingular is the $39.99. if you have the $39.99 you can add a phone and every thing about the plan stays the same.
uscingulair

Apr 25, 2006, 2:29 PM
the 39.99 was a promo in Feb. It was a ft 450 plan. Now you can't just add a line to a 39.99 single line.
KrazyJoe

Apr 25, 2006, 2:15 PM
Verizon is the same way. If it's not a family plan, it can't be done.
Nikoletta

Apr 25, 2006, 3:12 PM
So you guys are pretty much validating what I thought, he was being unreasonable getting pissed at me because we don't do it, no company does it.
sacdude

Apr 26, 2006, 2:04 AM
girl you do more whining and crying than anyone, geez, always complaining about something, customer did this or that, suck it up, and and try to be nicer to your customers,after, they are the reason you have a job
securitybreach

Apr 26, 2006, 10:50 AM
Awesome point sac!
Fluffhead

Apr 26, 2006, 1:28 PM
I thought the purpose of this particular forum was to tell stories of customer idiocy, odd things that happen, and generally talk to fellow reps.
socallocal

Apr 26, 2006, 10:40 AM
I'm pretty sure there is still a Sprint area wide plan that you can add lines to even though it is initially a single line plan. The add-a-lines are $20, though. It isn't an especially great value, but it is out there.
alejandro

Apr 26, 2006, 9:53 AM
us cellular only has 1 plan that is single line only, but nobody is really on that plan, but its more complicated than that with prices of the aditional lines. Again I should say blame marketing.
craptacularwireless

Apr 26, 2006, 3:12 PM
I think all the big carriers have designated family plans. You can't add another line to a single line plan. Maybe some of the regional carriers do it differently.
Sholyhit

Apr 26, 2006, 6:34 PM
With US Cellular, you can add a line to an account at any time. If it's a single line account, you can add a seperate single line on its own price plan but on the same billing account, or you can switch that single line to a family plan and then add a line to share the minutes. currently it's 9.95 on a promotion, but it is normally $15 for a local plan and $20 for a national.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.