Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 25 replies

I hate my boss............

djdelay

Apr 21, 2006, 1:49 PM
So my supervisor has a personal vendetta out against me. She uses every chance she can to berate me, belittle me, and turn my job into a living hell.

I used to enjoy coming into work (as masochistic as that sounds). I may not have liked dealing with irate people, but I did like solving problems. I liked helping people. I liked gaining knowledge. Now, everytime I walk through the doors, I have to prepare myself for what new horror she will try to put me through today.

She constantly moves me around, just to exert her authority. She always chooses to do this when I'm on a call as well. So I have to wait til the end of the call and then log out to move, which f.ucks up all of my adherance and attendance stats. Then she bitches a...
(continues)
cingcing

Apr 21, 2006, 2:10 PM
Call the NAACP! 🤣
ferrarik1

Apr 21, 2006, 2:15 PM
yeah, honestly in my opinion its funny how (which is not always true, but does happen a lot) blacks can be racist towards white people, but if (in this situation) you were to say something back, would probably be considered racist. if you have the chance and cant take it anymore, find a enw job, theres plenty of opprotunity's, you dont have to put up with that bull **** anymore
djdelay

Apr 21, 2006, 2:18 PM
well....we have shift bid in a couple weeks and I am hoping to end up on another team. If I don't, then I'm going to demand it. If they won't let me, then I'm getting another job.
cingcing

Apr 21, 2006, 2:24 PM
Atleast call the ACLU 🤣
djdelay

Apr 21, 2006, 2:26 PM
I'm so glad I can come on here and get such earnest, serious responses. 😉

I GOT IT!!!!!! I'll call Jesse Jackson!
cingcing

Apr 22, 2006, 12:08 PM
There you go! Now your thinking! 😁

Seriously, racism is a serious problem. If you honestly believe you are being discriminated against because of race, tell someone. How long do you really think it would take for her to blow the whistle if the roles were reversed? My guess is not very long.
freephones4all

Apr 26, 2006, 12:37 AM
sure it happens. and you certainly have recourse. DOCUMENT everything! when she screws up your adherence by moving you, be sure to take note of why and if any other people got moved, ect...
she affects the whole team with her behavoir. hr really needs to deal with her. (corrective action)
Take it to an attorney. you may even get paid.
guido1869

Apr 21, 2006, 2:20 PM
i'm hiring, i promise that i berate and belittle all my employees equally
Insert Witty Name Here

I have the perfect solution to your problem - You're going to have to sleep with her.
ferrarik1

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 😳
Insert Witty Name Here

Apr 21, 2006, 2:38 PM
Well, it's obvious how much she wants him. It's like a little boy in first grade pulling a girl's braids or a fifth grader snapping a girl's bra strap. However, in this case the manager is going through more extreme methods.

She wants him. Bad. Dj, you have to give up the goods. It's in your best interest!

🤣
guido1869

Apr 21, 2006, 2:49 PM
witty is right
Insert Witty Name Here

Apr 21, 2006, 5:17 PM
guido1869 said:
witty is right

Just had to see this one more time. 🙂
guido1869

Apr 21, 2006, 5:34 PM
better savor it just incase it's the last time
whiskeysour

Apr 21, 2006, 6:47 PM
your problem sounds awfully similar to one i had. i took my complaint to HR, and from then on out was left alone. Shortly thereafter i was transferred to another department which has been heaven, well less like hell anyway.
Big Poppa

Apr 22, 2006, 5:43 PM
I would take it up with your Human Resources dept.. Set up a meeting after work with HR, and basically just tell them you feel you are being racially discriminated against. Let them know what you told us. Tell them how she was doing the same thing with the other "white guy".

They will be investigating her a$$ in no time.

I know it sounds like being a "rat" and I know I will catch some flack on saying this to you as well, because what happened at my past job.

But honestly man. If your not confortable with whats going on at your job, that is what HR depts are for.
Vox Dei

Apr 22, 2006, 6:35 PM
The words racially discriminated will probably make them have a heart attack. Probably the worst words that an HR director could hear 😈
guido1869

Apr 24, 2006, 11:15 AM
that or sexual harassment
Big Poppa

Apr 24, 2006, 2:42 PM
You know what makes the word "Racially Discriminated" hurt een worse to them??

When it's a white person saying they are being racially discriminated against!
alejandro

Apr 24, 2006, 2:33 PM
and dj would have a better shot if his other white co-worker complained too.
celesticatfl

Apr 22, 2006, 5:56 PM
is she trying to get you guys to quit or what? I'd at least keep a daily journal of the things shes having me do. Then request all copies of my performance reviews and request a meeting with the HR manager. I would talk about the journal items and the harrasment and show that it doesnt reflect in my performance reviews, then ask for a transfer.
🙂
djdelay

Apr 22, 2006, 6:08 PM
now she is having me fill out an evaluation form of how I think I have done. If I fill it out positively, she looks good. If I fill it out negatively, I look bad. It's atrocious. She advised me yesterday that I was ranked 17th in the entire call center for how good I was (she had to tell me because of shift bid), but I still can't catch a break. I consistently meet metrics and am always one of the top performers on her team. I hate my boss, but hopefully with shift bid I can end up on another team.
Whitehorse

Apr 22, 2006, 7:35 PM
Report this racist to HR. Racists of any color skin must be defeated! I would also suggest to contact the EEOC & a labor attorney. I'm not kidding in the least.
phone_junkie06

Apr 23, 2006, 7:02 PM
If you work where I think you do, yeah it is pretty bad I think !! I worked at Asurion (Nashville) for all of 4 weeks. I quit because of the woman who was going to be my supervisor was a total B@itch. I think she did not like white people or at least that is the way she acted. Plus with the pay at only $10.00 hr, I was like no way do I have to deal with this. But since you have been working for a while and like your job I would report her to HR. Good Luck !!! 🙂
Big Poppa

Apr 24, 2006, 2:51 PM
I worked there!! LoL! Me and my g/f both did! we couldn't stand that place!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.