Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 13 replies

Annoying Questions

Nikoletta

Apr 11, 2006, 3:03 PM
There are some questions I just know are going to be asked and I wish to go people would stop asking them, they're just stupid. I can always tell if somebody is probably going to ask one off the list...

"Is that Free?" This one is stupid for a couple of reasons. Either I just told them that it was free or it's a four hundred dollar phone that they want free.

"And that cannot be free?" This is a variation on the 'is that free' that is usually asked by the Snowflakes when the want a free Razor.

"Can you waive that?/And that cannont be waived?" The 'And that cannot...' is the Snowflake question, otherwise this is just annoying because I don't even have the power to do it.

"Can you transfer me?" This one only bothers me after I'v...
(continues)
Mid_Isle

Apr 11, 2006, 4:35 PM
Oh, I can beat that. When they call in and ask:

"I lost my phone, can you help me find it?"

"Why certainly sir, let me just wave my magic wand and locate it between the cushions of your couch!"
dr_gonzo

Apr 11, 2006, 5:21 PM
All of those are good...for variations on a theme, I like

"What kind of deal can I get?" (Those are ALWAYS good)

although the all-time greatest question I've been asked was also the first thing out of this snowflake's mouth...

"Do it all depend on what yo' credix give?"

😳

God, I hate people sometimes.
Atavist Arise

Apr 11, 2006, 5:56 PM
i hate "aw, come on man, can't you give me a better deal onthat rate plan?"

or "what phones can i get with THIS plan?"

or "do i realyl have to mail that rebate in? you can't just do it in the store?"
evilbstrd666

Apr 11, 2006, 6:56 PM
How about:

"Man, why should I pay $300 for this phone? It was $50 bucks when I signed up! I shouldn't have to pay that much just because I dropped it in the toilet!"
celesticatfl

Apr 12, 2006, 12:34 PM
yeah, I mean just cause you let your two year old play with it and he flushed it down the toilet, that means I owe you a new phone? Come ON! 🙄
Mid_Isle

Apr 12, 2006, 11:13 AM
Ooh ooh! I got another one!

"I *axed* you once, I'm gonna *axe* you again, when are you gonna cut my service on?"

It's not so much the *axe* part to this that annoys me so much as the "cut" part. That statement boggles my mind on so many levels... 😕
alejandro

Apr 12, 2006, 11:15 AM
"so uh when you gonna turn my phone back on eh?"
(thick canadian accent)
Mid_Isle

Apr 12, 2006, 11:34 AM
Our accents are only thick when we talk to americans. It's part of our invasion plan. We are among you and yet you have no idea how thouroughly we have infiltrated your society.

On a lighter note, who wants cookies?

😈 dripping with the maple syrup of the damned of course 😈
Vox Dei

Apr 12, 2006, 1:04 PM
Gota see the movie 'Canadian bacon' 😁
Mid_Isle

Apr 12, 2006, 1:58 PM
I have...some of the late ( 😢 ) John Candy's best work
KrazyJoe

Apr 12, 2006, 11:38 AM
I actually had a CS rep use the cut "cut it back on" to me once. It stunned me that I heard that from CS in VZW.
Insert Witty Name Here

Apr 12, 2006, 11:26 AM
Nikoletta said:
And my number one least favorite question is ... "I'm a dealer at this and that location, can you help me set this account up?"

At our location, all of sales (at least, I hope they do) know that we never call telesales to help us with activations as we will not get paid/reimbursed/commission/whatever from the activations because telesales will earn it.

So, what if you just activate the line for the stupid rep and just claim their commission? Is that not an option?
Nikoletta

Apr 13, 2006, 3:09 PM
To do that I have to convince them to put the customer on the line, then talk the customer into ordering the phone with me instead of them. If I can get the customer on the phone it's not hard because I can subtly imply that the dealer doesn't know how to find his/her backside with both hands (and the whole radar hits and ground side support) and they're more willing to do it with me since apparently I know what I'm doing. I'll be nicer (not super nice but nicer) if they show as being transfered to me from another department.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.