Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 55 replies

why pennsylvania rules

MIKE3222

Apr 6, 2006, 9:57 AM
- amish food. (drool)

- we know what chickens look like in real life

- i've probably seen my steak when i was driving before.

- steelers

- we also have real mexican food, because we have a lot of mexicans. that don't cook very well.

- free apples and corn if you walk through the field

- free apples if you know the right mexican (cause they pick the apples)

- never know what the weather is going to be (it's like a game)

- i don't know who my governer is, and neither does anyone else.

- steelers.
mallinfobooth

Apr 6, 2006, 10:22 AM
Now, I love PA.
newfette

Apr 6, 2006, 10:36 AM
GO FLYERS GO!!!!!
MIKE3222

Apr 6, 2006, 10:39 AM
them too. but you see newf, the only people that care about united states hockey, is canadians.
newfette

Apr 6, 2006, 10:46 AM
EVERYONE get's mad at me here cause i dont cheer for a canadian team but i just tell them that there are more canadians on the flyers then there are on ANY of our canadian teams..
MIKE3222

Apr 6, 2006, 10:55 AM
i have no idea if that is accurate. i forgot that hockey existed until there was a strike. then i forgot again until just now.
newfette

Apr 6, 2006, 11:12 AM
thats horrible...

in the north east you have like 7 teams within a few hours drive and you dont take advantage of it..

I would give just about anything to go to an NHL game
MIKE3222

Apr 6, 2006, 11:21 AM
verizon offered me tickets to a hockey game once. it was for the hershey bears i believe (minor league). i wasn't too concerned with going. i would have sent you though in my place.
newfette

Apr 6, 2006, 11:26 AM
nope my first NHL hockey game will be a flyers game
MIKE3222

Apr 6, 2006, 11:37 AM
i was in philly last week, flyers stuff everywhere. almost made me want to go to a game. almost.
newfette

Apr 6, 2006, 12:01 PM
why not go??
MIKE3222

Apr 6, 2006, 12:10 PM
just didn't interest me.
newfette

Apr 6, 2006, 12:25 PM
then why almost go??
MIKE3222

Apr 6, 2006, 1:54 PM
cause i was there.
uscingulair

Apr 13, 2006, 4:39 PM
you also nave the woodward bmx park. That one and the one by me in the raleigh area are two of the best in the country
MIKE3222

Apr 13, 2006, 4:41 PM
i'll keep that in mind. also, we have bam margera.
djdelay

Apr 6, 2006, 2:05 PM
I have season tickets to the Nashville Predators that are 6 rows from the ice and about 10 ft to the right of the penalty boxes
KrazyJoe

Apr 6, 2006, 12:38 PM
That's not entirely true. Detroit is hockeytown (it's even trademarked 😁 )

We're all hockey fans around here (see term "wingnut" [as in Red Wings fan])
djdelay

Apr 6, 2006, 1:53 PM
Go Wings!!!!
cingcing

Apr 7, 2006, 10:32 PM
All this talk about PA and then Detriot (The scene of the crime) is enough to drive a seattle guy crazy.
Mid_Isle

Apr 8, 2006, 2:36 PM
To hell with your wings, Canucks all the way!

(Yes, I am a die hard fan, and will always be so. Espcially if we manage to ditch Dan "The Open Door" Cloutier)
djdelay

Apr 8, 2006, 2:55 PM
in the words of every redneck I've ever pissed off.......

"Them's fightin' words."
timslo

Apr 8, 2006, 12:12 AM
This proves that pro football is in danger. Sure it's the most popular sport in the U.S., but at what price?

This article makes it very obvious that the game was fixed and the officials were in on it. Is this what we get as football fans? For buying into the hype every offseason up to the opening kickoff in August? For watching every Sunday? For putting up with drama from atheletes and greed from owners?

I'm contemplating on whether to watch next season or not, because I don't know if I can watch all season and then get shafted with another horrible Super Bowl.
soldmysoul4cellular

Apr 8, 2006, 2:23 PM
👿 😈 😎 REALLY....NOBODY WILL MISS YOU....football will go on....
spum

Apr 8, 2006, 2:25 PM
I'm tired of people complaining about the super bowl. The NFL agreed that there was one bad call. One. If you're more of an expert than they are, you should probably get a job officiating because you'll make a lot more money than you are now.
soldmysoul4cellular

Apr 8, 2006, 3:17 PM
bout time someone made some sense
alejandro

Apr 8, 2006, 3:21 PM
yeah! football was stupid and gay way before this last super bowl!
MIKE3222

Apr 8, 2006, 3:50 PM
you're just angry that there isn't a west virginia team.
cingcing

Apr 8, 2006, 3:45 PM
One bad call. lol Did you watch the game by chance? How can anyone that saw that abomination defend the officiating?

BTW. To answer your next post. I will stop "whining" about it when Steeler fans stop "bragging" about thier fake a$$ championship.
spum

Apr 8, 2006, 3:48 PM
I'll agree with the people who have years more of experience than I do. I'm not really a Steelers fan or a Seahawks fan (Bengals fan here); I was just glad to see Jerome Bettis in the super bowl this year. I didn't care who won. I watched the game, and if the pros are going to say there was one bad call, I'll agree with it. The only other call that may be questionable would be Roethlisberger's touchdown. In my opinion, the ball crossed the line, then he was knocked back and landed on the field. Other than that...everything else was completely legit. So yeah, stop whining.
MIKE3222

Apr 8, 2006, 3:49 PM
i like the steelers, but i'm a jaguars fan at heart.
spum

Apr 8, 2006, 3:56 PM
I thought Ben Roethlisberger was overrated until he played in the playoffs this year. He had a terrible game in the super bowl (as did everyone else except Hines Ward), but he really kicked ass for most of the playoffs.
cingcing

Apr 8, 2006, 4:04 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5310192 »

Dude, the whole country wanted the bus to ride off a winner. Including the NFL! Unfortuneatly for the league and the officials, the Seahawks were so much better than the Steelers it was too obvious. Can you imagine what Joey Porter would be saying right now if the tables were turned? Don't EVER tell me there is no east coast bias.
spum

Apr 8, 2006, 4:14 PM
I looked at that original article with the pictures. Whoever wrote that slanted the articles big time. If you REALLY look at the pictures, you can tell he's talking out of his ass for a lot of it.

I agree that the Seahawks had a better all around game than the Steelers. The Steelers had like 3 worthwhile plays, but they played them when it counted.
cingcing

Apr 8, 2006, 4:38 PM
It was a Seattle guys point of view. The first two look like holds to me but he says they were legal. Whatever, there are numerous pics of steelers doing the SAME THING. No flags. Have you heard/read the NFL defend the Jackson TD? Laughable. The Seahawks played when it counted too, they were just penilized for it.
spum

Apr 8, 2006, 4:43 PM
Jackson pushed off. Technically, that's pass interference no matter how you look at it. Yes, that amount of contact isn't called often, but if you're going to the rule books (as you should), then it's pass interference. He pushed the guy away to get an advantage. Chris Carter and Jerry Rice have agreed with that call; if they don't know offensive pass interference, I don't know who would.
cingcing

Apr 8, 2006, 5:11 PM
Going by the rule book, that was actually defensive pass interference. If there was a legit push off it should have been off set by the hold.
spum

Apr 8, 2006, 5:14 PM
I didn't see any holding. I also remember all of the announcers saying, "Yep. That's pass interference." You're not going to win this one. It was pass interference. Even if you did win this one, it wouldn't change anything.
cingcing

Apr 8, 2006, 5:30 PM
I seem to remember Madden saying it was a "Pitter-pat call" that had no place in the game.
spum

Apr 8, 2006, 5:35 PM
You're not remember correctly then. I remember them agreeing on it being pass interference, but the same case in a different game may not have been called. In other words, it wasn't much pass interference...but pass interference nonetheless.
timslo

Apr 9, 2006, 11:44 AM
The other article did seem biased but it's not like pics were doctored or anything. This one coming from a reputable journalist and Steelers supporter makes me feel better about my conspiracy theory.
guido1869

Apr 9, 2006, 12:26 PM
that pass interference call was a little nit picky but according to the rule book he did push off, the rule book doesn't say that barely pushing off is okay, it's kind of like getting pulled over for doing 72 in a 70, no matter how you look at it, it's still speeding
spum

Apr 9, 2006, 2:25 PM
Indeed.
spum

Apr 8, 2006, 4:17 PM
And your east coast bias doesn't really hold if you look at all the west coast teams that have won the super bowl. Like the 49ers 5 times.
timslo

Apr 9, 2006, 11:45 AM
That's not a bias. The 49ers deserved to win every Super Bowl bc they were that good.
timslo

Apr 9, 2006, 11:39 AM
Did you even read the article in the previous post? That's what I'm basing my argument off of. I felt the same way about people complaining that the Super Bowl sucked (which it did, btw) and that the officiating was horrible. Then I read the article and I'm convinced the officials were in on what may have been a fixed Super Bowl. And the fact that fans are willing to turn a blind eye on cheating, which they already have with baseball, is evidence to me that fans don't really care about the sport, they're just happy with winning Super Bowls at any cost, including cheating.
guido1869

Apr 9, 2006, 12:07 PM
i'm not an expert and don't claim to know as much as the officials do, but i do know that with the exception of the big ben touchdown you can analyse just about any game during the season and find just as many or more mistakes by the officals, it's part of the game, these mistakes are just being blown out of proportion bc it was the sb, personally i feel that most of the "wrong calls" were right, bear in mind that the officials are watching the game at live speed on almost every one of the plays and don't have the luxury of wathing every play frame by frame over and over again analysing every players actions, it is still a game played and officiated by human beings, nobody's perfect deal with it
cingcing

Apr 10, 2006, 9:46 PM
You don't have to be an expert. Take away what the calls were for, and think about when they were made. Every time the Hawks started to get any kind of momentum, there was a back breaking call to reverse it.

"You can call holding on every play."

Why were there only holding calls on big plays by Seattle? It didn't matter how well the Hawks played, they wouldn't have been allowed to win.
alejandro

Apr 8, 2006, 3:05 PM
mitt romney?
alejandro

Apr 8, 2006, 3:06 PM
oh thats massachusettes, same thing... only pennsylvania politician i know was tom ridge.
MIKE3222

Apr 8, 2006, 3:08 PM
yead, there's him. he was better off unknown.
alejandro

Apr 8, 2006, 3:09 PM
oh, rick santorum and arlen specter(is that his name?)!

ah, beautiful rick santorum.
alejandro

Apr 8, 2006, 3:09 PM
how can a man who looks so gay be so anti-gay?

another mayor of spokane waiting to happen!
MIKE3222

Apr 8, 2006, 3:37 PM
yeah, that's them. and i agree, santorum is very homo looking.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.