Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

Copier/Fax machine scam

Cigee

Apr 4, 2006, 6:53 PM
Ok ya'll if someone calls your store and asks for the make and model of your printer/fax machine either answer with 1 1 3 U P Y O U R S or hang up immedietly. I prefer the first one 😉 This little phone call is called a scam. When you give them the info they need they will start sending your office all kinds of fun stuff for your printer/fax machine and then bill you a ridiculous price for materials you never thought you ordered. Fun times.
newfette

Apr 4, 2006, 7:58 PM
lol

and do you know this from experience??
Cigee

Apr 4, 2006, 8:04 PM
Well we constantly get emails from our company informing us about scams and stuff and actually our coworker Corey tipped us off to it. She used to work in a call center at a hospital and this happened to them. They got all this stuff and thought it was overstock from their regular company and stored it away for later use. Then a bill for over 1000 dollars came to the office. Craziness, I tell ya. They called today...Corey actually said that and I about fell over laughing!
mallinfobooth

Apr 5, 2006, 11:24 AM
I had a similar call.
The guys wanted me to give him the number to our warehouse or corporate so he could talk to them about ink cartridges.
I let him go on a bit about how cool these cartridges really were and then i go
"wow, your jobs sucks worse than mine huh?"
pauses for a long time
"no, i like this job it's very interesting stuff" keeeps going on about his business and finally says
"You're not giving me the number are you?"
"nope"
"well can i just have the model number on your printer"
"customers are waiting, good luck with that"
click

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.