Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 36 replies

I'm really, REALLY pissed off...

CptFarlow

Mar 31, 2006, 3:09 PM
I work for a large New England dealer selling Sprint. I just got paid my commission check today. It is for the money I made during Feb.

With all sales, I am supposed to tack on those free trials for Internet and text messaging...stuff like that. I understood that, and I did it when I could. But sometimes, well...more often than not, the activation system that we use fails. There are all kinds of error messages, but the fact is, about 60% of the time I end of having to call up to do the activation. Well, NOBODY ever told me that I had to have those trials added on even when calling up over the phone. If I don't do it through the computer, I can't get paid for it, so there is no reason to put that trial on if they are not going to use it.
(continues)
MIKE3222

Mar 31, 2006, 3:18 PM
i would flip out if i were you. ape**** approved!
CptFarlow

Mar 31, 2006, 3:25 PM
I'm sending an e-mail to my area manager right now. I'll post a copy in here for your reading enjoyment. 🙂
MIKE3222

Mar 31, 2006, 3:26 PM
thank you
djdelay

Mar 31, 2006, 3:38 PM
I second the apes.hit approval!

all who approve, say AYE!
MIKE3222

eye!
CptFarlow

Jennifer,

I know you are new here, but for the record, I've been here since August.

In all my time here, I have NEVER once been told that trials had to be put
on over the phone. The only time I don't put them on is when FAST fails.
Unfortunately, that is about 50-60% of the time, and almost EVERY time for
an upgrade in a family plan. I then have to do it over the phone, and
since I have never gotten commission for add-ons done over the phone, if
the customer is not going to use it, there was no reason for me to ask the
rep to put it on.

This would be different if it were September, but it is April tomorrow!
Why have I just lost most of my commission check over this now? In
essence, I, and I find it safe to assume, many other...
(continues)
MIKE3222

Mar 31, 2006, 3:41 PM
i know your name now sucka!
CptFarlow

Mar 31, 2006, 3:42 PM
🤣
CptFarlow

Mar 31, 2006, 3:44 PM
I wonder if I'm gonna hear s.hit because of this. Most likely I will. I can predict it now. My boss is gonna ream me some, too. Ah well, I needed to say it. I feel better now. 😁
MIKE3222

Mar 31, 2006, 5:12 PM
if they get mad at you for calling them out on being too dumb to explain policies to you, quit.
CptFarlow

Mar 31, 2006, 5:33 PM
I just received this as a response:

"I will do my best to look into this and I thank you for the feedback."

Followed shortly by this:

"Please review the policy and procedures regarding upgrades, new activations, CDMA and IDEN. It does clearly states that "non-compliance that results in a loss to Nexgen will result in the employee being subject to a commission deduction at that same loss to Nexgen." For more info. click Here. Please reference page 18 with questions."

Yet nowhere in there does it state the trials must be added in over-the-phone activations...

I'm already looking for another job... 👿
MIKE3222

Mar 31, 2006, 5:44 PM
how does free trials cause someone a loss?
CptFarlow

Mar 31, 2006, 5:52 PM
In the policy in procedure it says:

"To stay in line with Sprint, we require all applicable add-on trials to be added..."

Supposedly, Sprint doesn't give us credit for the sale if we don't do it...but that doesn't make sense at all.
Big Poppa

Apr 4, 2006, 9:11 PM
Here's how It works man.

Sprint gives NEXGEN a commission payout for every activation and addition of features.

So basically when you get a new activation NEXGEN will make almost or more than $100 in commission. They will make about another $10-$50 in commission whenever you add on any additional features.

And because you haven't been getting those extra feature NEXGEN is taking that commission loss out of your pay..

Sprint does NOT require the features to be added to every account. And I KNOW they definitlay don;t want them added without customer consent.

I would threaten with a lawyer. But actually have discussed this with one first before you threaten with one.
Big Poppa

Apr 4, 2006, 9:05 PM
Dude that is soooo illegal.. I would hire a lawyer. They are forcing you to add features to customers plans without their knowledge. And because you didn't add that feature(s) Nexgen looses a small commission and then they take it out of your pay.. That sounds very illegal to me. I would really think about consulting with a lawyer!
Vox Dei

Apr 4, 2006, 9:10 PM
Not if they are free features and they come off at the end of the free trial. We do that all the time here except out activation system automaticly adds them on. Things like unlimited text, picture, video messaging for the first 2 months.
Big Poppa

Apr 4, 2006, 9:15 PM
They are NOT automatically removed!!!

the customer is billed even during the free trial, but a automatic credit is applied to thier bill during that period.. It does NOT credit against the TAXES that are charged though. So even though they got a $5 credit for thier free trial, they are still charged for the taxes on that $5.

And then when the customer doesn't even KNOW they are added, they never call in to remove the feature until they are billed for it. Then even IF the rep credits it off, they STILL do not credit the taxes.

Adding ANYTHING to a customer account without the KNOWLEDGE of CONSENT is ILLEGAL! If that happend to me I would sue the hell out of them for not gaining my consent!
blusdrmr

Apr 5, 2006, 10:26 AM
The very reason I threw Sprint out of my store.

I had a Sprint rep come by and ask me if I wanted to sell Sprint from my dealership (I am exclusive SunCom) and my response was "Hell, NO!
I have been in the cellular industry for over 9 years (used to sell GTE before Verizon came around) and Sprint PCS has to be the worst to deal with. They pay crappy commissions, their customer care is horrible (IF you can even get someone who speaks English) and their service is crap.
iloveMOTOV300

Apr 3, 2006, 5:39 PM
You tell them, Seth!!! 😁

I hope the best situation works out for you.
CptFarlow

Mar 31, 2006, 5:34 PM
I feel bad for my boss though, his check went from $1300 to -$350.

He worked an entire month selling phones, trying to hit his unrealistic quota, then ends up having to write the company a check. 😳 👿
ESmurf

Mar 31, 2006, 5:36 PM
😲

Thats HORRIBLE!! There is NO WAY a commission check should be a bill!! UGH! I'm mad for him!
CptFarlow

Mar 31, 2006, 5:42 PM
Yeah...I can't believe he is just going to bend over and take it in the ass for them...

Our store was something like 160% to quota...overall. After the commission fixes, we are something like....40%. We lost that much due to a stupid f*ck up like this... 👿
ESmurf

Mar 31, 2006, 5:45 PM
Hey... what state are you in? We're always hiring. You have to work really hard here to owe the company money. 🤣 You can be like and port everyone away from Sprint.
craptacularwireless

Mar 31, 2006, 5:49 PM
I used to work directly for Sprint and then as an indirect. If we added the Vision via customer service, we wouldn't be paid the commission on it. And like the cap'n said, FAST screws up way too much.
CptFarlow

Mar 31, 2006, 5:55 PM
Yeah, I don't get commission for it, so that is why I never thought of doing it. Unless of course the customer asks for it.

Also, I HATE FAST. I don't like FDT, but probably because I don't know it that well. FAST is easy to use, just ****s the bed whenever it feels like it.
craptacularwireless

Mar 31, 2006, 5:57 PM
FDT is one of the worst inventions of all time. The group of people who designed it should be shot.
CptFarlow

Mar 31, 2006, 5:53 PM
I'm in CT...I doubt you are near...nobody on here is near me...

I think I'm gonna go back to being a waiter...been wanting to do that for a while...
ESmurf

Mar 31, 2006, 5:59 PM
Yeah we're not over there... sorry man.
cingcing

Apr 3, 2006, 4:04 PM
Cingular has repeatedly F'ed me over. I have had as many as 40 act's missing from my comp. On two separate occasions, they have inexplicably not paid me for activations resulting in a "Commission Bill" cause I was still charged for de-acts. I have had my insurance information declined because my benefits had been mysteriously removed. Even after hours on the phone, not one of these issues was ever fully resolved.

Since I started at AT&T they have raised my quota by 50% and lowered my commission by 60%(atleast).

Oh yeah, my last day is the 14th.
WILLPHASE

Apr 4, 2006, 5:22 PM
thats f**cked up man.........come to sprint or go to verizon
blusdrmr

Apr 5, 2006, 11:21 AM
SPRINT!?!?!?!?!?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

RUN AWAY!
CptFarlow

Apr 3, 2006, 2:28 PM
Well, a bit of an update.

It ends up that if even one of the trials are not added on to any new activation or upgrade, Sprint refuses to pay our company the commission or rebate. This doesn't make sense, seeing as how my best friend's gf works for a cell phone dealer, and she does commissions for them. She claims they do not refuse to give the commission at all.

Can anybody else confirm this? Is my company actively screwing over most of it's employees? Would it be different in a Nextel store?

Thanks for any help...
cingcing

Apr 3, 2006, 4:05 PM
Can you add it then take it off?
Big Poppa

Apr 4, 2006, 9:22 PM
All of Sprint commission are seperated.

If you do a new activation you company receives a commission for that.

If you add extras to the customers plan, You company recieves a commission for that as well.

If you DONT add a extra option to the plan, all your company looses is that features commission, not the WHOLE activation commission.

They are bending you over dude, and what they are doing is illegal in my opinion.. consult a laywer!!!
iloveMOTOV300

Apr 3, 2006, 5:36 PM
That really bites. They should have not cheated you out of your commission. I would look into working for another carrier, if you can.
Big Poppa

Apr 4, 2006, 8:43 PM
I would quit, but not before you find another job.. I would also think about hiring a lawyer.

Not every customer WANTS those trials, and adding them without their knowledge and consent is illegal. If they (The company your working for) is making you add his options without the customer knowledge or consent. I would inform them that it is illegal and they can't withhold your commission because you didn't break the law.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.