Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 28 replies

RAZR Mania

Nikoletta

Mar 31, 2006, 1:52 PM
I'm curious. Why is the RAZR so popular? It's software is awkward and out of date (same software they've been using for how long?) It's camera isn't that good, it's got just as many glitches as most any other phone out there (and then there was that recall issue...dear lord) it's an egg-shell, it's not that easy to use...

Yes it has a big screen and bluetooth, it's super thin but it's also unbelievably wide and long so it only is smaller than my phone in ONE dimension, in every other it's a MONSTERS...

So why does every stupid Snowflake want it free and why does every little gang-banger want it? It's only cool because the advertisers say it is.
aemsafd

Mar 31, 2006, 1:58 PM
People are stupid?

Was this a rhetorical question or where you looking for a legitimate answer?
blusdrmr

Mar 31, 2006, 2:25 PM
Now, I can say, I like mine. Now, I don't like the fact that I have had to send it in three times for repair in the past two months! (thanks Motorola! 🙄 )

I have always used Motorola phones for the past ten years and I like the fact that they are pretty much the same menu options as the last one. Granted a few additions, but, in general, the same.
Nikoletta

Mar 31, 2006, 3:56 PM
Actually I was hoping for a legitimate answer. A lot of our execs have it too but then many of them carry a Blackberry in addition to the RAZR. You'd think that if they were going to use the RAZR and it's BT headset why not just have a BT Blackberry and get it all into one package so less junk to carry around. I'm constantly trying to find ways to combine functions on my devices (see my DVD/VCR Combo, the little grill that does triple duty as a grill, Sandwich maker, and waffle iron... going to buy a T809 to combine my phone, camera, and mp3 player.) So why would I get a phone that is just a phone with a weak camera?
ESmurf

Mar 31, 2006, 5:01 PM
Niki, I thought you didn't like having a camera phone...

The Razr on our network has a 1.3MP camera on it so it's not so weak but I still think it's just cause someone somewhere says its cool. I talk most of my customers into the e815 or 8100 instead. saves them money and they get a better phone.
craptacularwireless

Mar 31, 2006, 5:13 PM
What phone do you have? I have the V710. My littler brother has the 815 and he's always bragging about his being better. I agree.
ESmurf

Mar 31, 2006, 5:29 PM
The e815 IS better than the 710. I have a Motorola v330 but I had to pay full retail for it when mine was stolen. It's a really good little phone though.

My bf has both the e815 and the 8100 right now and they are both great phones I've had MANY customers sit and debate with themselves over which to purchase. At that point it's a vanity thing... which phone do they like the look of better.
KrazyJoe

Mar 31, 2006, 5:33 PM
It used to be the same way here too between the E815 and the 8100.

Until last month when the price of the 8100 settled at $150 and the E815 settled at $50

$100 difference does a pretty good job of making up peoples mind. Especially when you throw in a free bluetooth headset with the E815
craptacularwireless

Mar 31, 2006, 5:37 PM
Are you gonna keep T-Mobile? I like the the v330 over the v300, the v300's buttons were configured in a retarded manner. Whoever came up with that design should be pelted by his creation.
ESmurf

Mar 31, 2006, 5:49 PM
Lol. I noticed that, my friend gave me an old v300 of his for my daughter to play with (so she wouldn't suck on mine) and I saw the buttons were all funky.

I've had no problems with TMO until this month when they set me up for easypay w/o my permission and therefore took my payment from my account w/o my knowledge. When I called to talk to CS they lady started off by yelling at me. I tried to calm her down but she must have been having a bad day. I'm disputing it with my bank. But no, I plan on getting a Verizon phone, probably soon.
craptacularwireless

Mar 31, 2006, 5:50 PM
What phone do you plan on getting?
ESmurf

Mar 31, 2006, 5:56 PM
I keep telling my customers I'd get the 325 (probably while I'm sold out at both my stores of them) I love that phone, I think it's gorgeous. I really only want Moto. I'm hoping a new phone comes to my stores soon so I can get that. I know we're trying to launch Helio but I don't want that. I like the 8100 but my sister and bf's mom (eventually) have that. The e815 is a FABULOUS phone but like I said earlier my bf has that so I'd like to get a different phone. I use the camera a lot so I want a 1.3 or better. I want one w/ a memory card of some sort so file transfers (pics) are easy. I've been looking at phones and I really like the v360 but thats on TMO.
craptacularwireless

Mar 31, 2006, 6:00 PM
What about the LG 9800? That has a lot of the features you mentioned. I just don't like how bulky it is. It might not be a problem since I use my BT a lot, though.

Hopefully Moto comes out with something good by the time I'm eligible for an upgrade in September.
ESmurf

Mar 31, 2006, 6:01 PM
Yeah we have it and it does have the features i want but I just don't like the phone. the front LCD is microscopic and it is, as you mentioned, bulky.
craptacularwireless

Mar 31, 2006, 6:04 PM
I'm not that excited about any of the phones that are available right now. I'll cross my fingers and hope something different comes out in the next six months.
Nikoletta

Mar 31, 2006, 7:23 PM
I don't dislike having a camera phone, what I don't like is people obsessing over cameras on phones and I'm curious what chucklehead came up with the idea in the first place, it doesn't seem like a natural progression of the evolution of phones...and I think if you NEED a camera built into your phone you NEED to pay for it.
dca

Mar 31, 2006, 2:42 PM
It lasted as a social-class (CEOs, executives, etc) commodity for about two and a half weeks. I don't get it, either. I want to say something along the lines of pure marketing genious but really, they didn't have to do much... Whatever, thin is in, I dunno'???
craptacularwireless

Mar 31, 2006, 4:05 PM
The Verizon Razr took a lot of the problems the original Razr had and pretty much fixed them. And it also has a 1.3 mexa-pixel camera instead of the VGA one on the GSM version.
Nikoletta

Mar 31, 2006, 4:54 PM
But even then it can't trump my T809...so why the fuss? People don't get their panties in a bunch over any other phone the way they do the RAZR... the MDA people ask after a lot and the Sidekick (and the Sidekick is the only one that gets as many idiots wanting it free) but the people after the MDA generally have done their research and realize that it is one of the most impressive device in the country at the moment and are aware of the fact that something that incredible is going to COST MONEY.

And do the idiots who are buying it for the name and look only realize that if everybody had one it wouldn't' be half as cool (as it's becoming less and less so) because... everybody has it. I'll be glad when the RAZRs reign of terror has ended...
(continues)
craptacularwireless

Mar 31, 2006, 5:12 PM
I agree with you, the craze is quite annoying. Several times a day I get asked about it and they never like the price I give them. They always point out how Cingular has it for X amount of dollars. I always tell them that that Razr is different from the Verizon Razr and that it has also been out longer than the Verizon Razr.

There are many other phones that do the same exact thing the Razr does, and sometimes they do it better. We live in a me too society, though, everyone wants what the other one has.
ESmurf

Mar 31, 2006, 5:32 PM
We just received a message a few minutes ago that we're lowering our Razr price $100. on all plans. I fear this will not help with the craze. I am very excited, however, for 4/4/06 when the BOGO with VZW is over.
craptacularwireless

Mar 31, 2006, 5:35 PM
That's when it's over? Great! Yesterday alone I had four different customers come in to ask me if we had that deal going on. Then I have to explain to them that not all Verizon locations have the same pricing, especially the agent stores.
ESmurf

Mar 31, 2006, 5:40 PM
We found a work around for it but still don't make much GP on it. Now with this price decrease thats what we'll always be selling them at. (At least it won't be advertised EVERYWHERE though) Yeah if you listen closely to the radio ads it says "with new 2 years agreement, $35.00 activation fee other chargers and restrictions may apply. Not valid...blahblahblah...offer ends 4 3 06"
craptacularwireless

Mar 31, 2006, 5:52 PM
Sweet. I like when the upgraders come in and ask about that deal, I tell them, "Sorry, that's only on new acts. Would you like to buy them here?"
Cunning_Linguist

Mar 31, 2006, 5:21 PM
Because people are sheep. The mass populace has on more occassions than I can even begin to describe chosen less, and paid more because mass media and advertisement agencies said "This is the thing that will make you cool-sexy-studly-popular-stop gagging yourself after meals-etc."

The entirety of the human race and America in particular is a consumer state, where the primary religion is consumerism. Blind consumerism.

👿
blusdrmr

Mar 31, 2006, 5:32 PM
Unfortunately, this is about the best phone SunCom offers to us. Yeah, we have the SE W600, Blackberry 7100g, the Hiptop (Sidekick) and the Palm Treo 650 (No, we don't have the 700 yet and doubt we will) but I hate Sony Ericcson stuff, the Blackberry is a pain to use, the Hiptop is so ghetto and I don't like the Treo 650 OS. I like my RAZR, actually. Like I said, though, I bought it unlocked from my accessory supplier and it went tits up three months after I bought it. I am using a Silver one right now until they get it back to me. Hopefully, this time it will be replaced or properly repaired. So far, I have sent it to them twice for the same problem and then they send me a replacement that was missing the buttons on the flip,, the fli...
(continues)
aemsafd

Mar 31, 2006, 6:34 PM
Nikoletta said:
Actually I was hoping for a legitimate answer. A lot of our execs have it too but then many of them carry a Blackberry in addition to the RAZR. You'd think that if they were going to use the RAZR and it's BT headset why not just have a BT Blackberry and get it all into one package so less junk to carry around. I'm constantly trying to find ways to combine functions on my devices (see my DVD/VCR Combo, the little grill that does triple duty as a grill, Sandwich maker, and waffle iron... going to buy a T809 to combine my phone, camera, and mp3 player.) So why would I get a phone that is just a phone with a weak camera?

Slow down. Seriously, you're reading too much into this.

People are ...
(continues)
ESmurf

Mar 31, 2006, 6:50 PM
oooo do you have the option to charge MORE for a phone?! I can charge whatever I want as long as I make enough in GP on the activation. so I could charge someone and extra $50 per phone if I want. That way we make an extra $50 in gross profit... you should do that if you can.
aemsafd

Mar 31, 2006, 7:46 PM
Thats awesome! I really wish we could do that.

1. RAZR $99.99
2. A$$hole surcharge $14.99
3. Asking questions too many times $4.99
----------------------------------- x3
----------------------------------- $14.97
4. Dealing with your stupid brat $39.99

Total $169.94

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.