Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 13 replies

wasnt exactly sure where to put this....

black_burry

Mar 31, 2006, 1:57 AM
so i have a few questions, but i wasnt sure where to put this cause it sort of touchs on a wide range of topics...

questions...

1) i cant seem to decide between a t809 or a slvr, i like both phones, both look good, but im torn, like im not sure if the slvr has mp3, i know it has itunes, any points to help me lean a certain way?

2a) i currently have tmo, and work for them, lets say i was to purchase a slvr, would i able to acces tzones and so forth by puttin in the settings?

2b) like i said above, i work for tmo, would i be able to carry around a slvr? i work in a kiosk so im contact with people and they could see me and so forth, does tmo have polices about phones and so forth? I know cing has them because my girl works in a cing...
(continues)
MIKE3222

Mar 31, 2006, 10:04 AM
i'd try the t-mobile forum.

or wait for the t-mobile folks to show up, they may be able to help you out.
KrazyJoe

Mar 31, 2006, 10:15 AM
I can't really help you between the first 2 issues but I can give insite as far as carrying another carriers phone.

Don't do it. All companies frown upon that greatly. If a customer see's you carrying the phone of another company they're going to think "well, if it's not good enough for him, and he works here, why should I get it?"

I've fired people for it before.
black_burry

Mar 31, 2006, 12:34 PM
wow, no warning or write up or nuttin? just write on the spot?
KrazyJoe

Mar 31, 2006, 12:54 PM
I warned her. Twice actually. Third time I saw the phone I sent her packing. I believe in the 3 strike rule.

She lucky she stayed that long, the first 2 occured during training.
Cunning_Linguist

Mar 31, 2006, 5:31 PM
I personally carried a phone that wasn't from my co. for the extent of my training and a little more, until my contractw as thru.

Only one person ever noticed, and I said that the phone I had was one in testing with my current company, but was not available to the public yet..

My boss wasn't overly fond of it, but he's cool, and laid back, and hey, if im payin the bill, it's my choice what carrier I choose.

If they don't like it they should give you a free line 😛
KrazyJoe

Mar 31, 2006, 5:56 PM
Well, to clarify, I had told her "I don't care what phone you have, just don't have it out when you're here."

She didn't listen. She talked on the phone, on the floor. It was a Sprint phone and we were Cingular dealers. So, the testing thing couldn't have worked anyway.

She was told that if she had to make an important call either use the demo phone (doesn't have to use her minutes), or leave the floor.

And I did offer her a demo line. It wasn't free but it was only $20 /mo.
gag

Mar 31, 2006, 10:31 PM
thats like a clothing store saying you have to wear the clothes you sell in order to work there. companies are getting sued for making employees do that, unless they pay for the clothes or sell them at a cheaper price. its considered a uniform. when i was a manager at gap we couldnt require employees to wear gap clothes because of it. we could only encourage them to.
black_burry

Mar 31, 2006, 11:01 PM
i used to work at gap too, we had to wear gap clothes or "gap like" clothes
Vox Dei

Apr 1, 2006, 12:50 PM
Don't you sell your clothes at a discount to employees? I have a friend that works part time at his favorate clothing store just for the discount. He's got a full time job that pays 3 times what hourly rate is at the store but he works a few hours each week and gets his discount 😁
Nikoletta

Mar 31, 2006, 1:02 PM
I don't know if they would fuss at your store, around here we have people with every different carrier though they do make jokes about if they find a cingular phone in the bathroom that it should be claimed by a third party to protect your identity... but we never interact with customers face to face either.

I would go with the T809... lots of reasons.

Better camera, it's smaller(well come dimensions), better interface (I hate Moto interfaces, Samsung are much simpler.) and if you like the MP3 player (which yes, the SLVR does have) the T809 has expandable memory... which means WAY more songs can be placed on it. I'm also partial to Samsungs I suppose but the T809 is what I'm getting as my upgrade in June.
black_burry

Mar 31, 2006, 7:36 PM
doesnt the slvr have a memory slot too?
Nikoletta

Mar 31, 2006, 8:24 PM
You know what, you're right, the literature lists it as having one. 'course the SLVR has a decent memory on it's own, I still wouldn't want a SLVR over a T809. My brother has the SLVR and he's pretty picky but I'm adverse to open face phones because they're easier to accidentally dial to like... Tibet and run up a huge international long distance bill or suck up your minutes leaving a long nonsense voicemail on your friends phone. I also (if I haven't mentioned this) don't like motos and I LOVE samsungs.
Cigee

Apr 1, 2006, 12:33 PM
Nikki.....if you worked in a store you would totally disgree with yourself on samsung verses Motorola. I have customers in here daily with problems with their samsungs. Either the reception is bad, the speaker has gone out, the reception is bad (I know I'm repeating myself) The flip breaks off easily. It's always something. I will say that the T809 is a step up from their regular crap. It is an international phone so the reception should be better. It is very new so I haven't had it come back with any problems yet. Maybe I won't and I hope so. As far as the slvr, black burry...I don't suggest it unless you have a back up phone to use while at work. You can always use the phone when you get off work but it kind of insults the company...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.