Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 61 replies

I fell out of the stupid tree...

Nikoletta

Mar 30, 2006, 8:31 PM
That's right, I fell out of the stupid tree and hit EVERY SINGLE BRANCH on the way down. Every single one of them. It kinda hurt.

This guy must have thought so anyways if he thought I was going to buy that he was a dude named Maryanne (well that wasn't the name he was using but the name was suitably feminine that I had no doubts) who wanted to order FIVE $400 pieces of hardware with Saturday shipping.

Really, do I have "Idiot" stamped on my forehead?
MIKE3222

Mar 30, 2006, 8:47 PM
well, in all fairness, it is stamped there with a special ink only the psychotic can see.
xIsamuTM

Mar 30, 2006, 11:48 PM
let us not forget about merryweather louis, as far as guys with girlish names.

oh and the one dude, susan (dexters lab)
KrazyJoe

Mar 31, 2006, 10:25 AM
I have an uncle named Kim

he's a really big dude though, so I don't dare make a joke out of it
MIKE3222

Mar 31, 2006, 10:37 AM
my dad's name is kelly.
Nikoletta

Mar 31, 2006, 1:05 PM
This name... I'm not going to say it because of the whole confidential information thing... but his name was defiantly a girls name. It went into some weird review status (I ever get this review) and came back from Risk Assessment as one of the "You got to h311!" types, where the person has to write a letter to a special department explaining why they deserve service again. The review lady and I couldn't stop laughing after I explained that it was a guy on the line when she saw the name.
Vox Dei

Apr 1, 2006, 12:05 PM
With a name like Kim you would have to be big. Have you heard the song "A boy named Sue" This guy names his son Sue so he would have to become big to be able to protect himself. On the other I knew a guy name Lisa...That one it tought to figure out why their parents would name him that. You can't even bug a guy like that cause you feel so bad about it. He was a pretty small guy too. Although he did eventually change his name to chad...
aemsafd

Apr 1, 2006, 12:07 PM
What kind of a name is 'Vox' anyway?
Vox Dei

Apr 1, 2006, 12:32 PM
Vox Is 'Voice'
aemsafd

Apr 1, 2006, 12:56 PM
And Dei?
Vox Dei

Apr 1, 2006, 1:10 PM
'Of God' 😉
aemsafd

Apr 1, 2006, 1:11 PM
****y SOB, aren't you?
Vox Dei

Apr 1, 2006, 1:16 PM
Haha. Yes but at least i do it with class. Besides noone knows i'm being ****y now do they. Not unless they ask.
djdelay

Apr 1, 2006, 1:17 PM
I knew what it meant.......I personally like the phrase "Gladius Vindictae"......it means sword of justice.
aemsafd

Apr 1, 2006, 1:18 PM
Voice of God or Crazy Canadian?

You make the call...
Vox Dei

Apr 1, 2006, 1:38 PM
A little from column A...A little from column B
aemsafd

Apr 1, 2006, 1:40 PM
Ha! Me too, although its mainly column B. Where are you from, exactly?
Vox Dei

Apr 1, 2006, 1:41 PM
Edmonton Alberta
aemsafd

Apr 1, 2006, 1:42 PM
Are you close to the MacKenzie region? On my vacation, I hung out with some people from there.
Vox Dei

Apr 1, 2006, 1:57 PM
Nope. Not sure where that is...What province is it in?
aemsafd

Apr 1, 2006, 2:00 PM
Alberta. It must be way the eff up there. They had to drive eight hours to get to the airport.
Vox Dei

Apr 1, 2006, 2:11 PM
You sure your not talking about McMurray? As in Fort McMurray?
aemsafd

Apr 1, 2006, 2:17 PM
They worked for the "MacKenzie Region" wherever that is. They are based out of La Crete. They said they covered an area of 100,000 square (and I forget if it was square kilos or square miles)
Vox Dei

Apr 1, 2006, 2:21 PM
La Crete? You up there to play with the moose? I don't think there is anything up that way other that moose...maybe some Oil but that's a long way in to nowere.
aemsafd

Apr 1, 2006, 2:23 PM
Ha! I'll be damned if I go up there. They came down here, to civilization.

I pointed out to them that they covered a population the size of my town, with an area the larger than the size of my state.
Vox Dei

Apr 1, 2006, 2:36 PM
Haha. All of alberta is like that. We have two of the three largest citys (by land mass) in North america (Mexico City is the largest) and both are only about a million people.
aemsafd

Apr 1, 2006, 2:42 PM
Vox Dei said:
We have two of the three largest citys (by land mass)

Who gives a ****?
Vox Dei

Apr 1, 2006, 2:55 PM
You seemed to since you were talking about Size of town and population to your friends 😛
aemsafd

Apr 1, 2006, 2:58 PM
It just seems kind of like a trivial measurement, at least for a town. But it put it in perspective for me, because I know how long it takes to drive from one area of the state to another, and I know something about the business that they do, because my town provides a similar call volume.
Vox Dei

Apr 1, 2006, 3:08 PM
I have a friend that lives in northern NJ and she was telling me how the towns are like a few blocks large and they are back to back...it's just one sprawling city but i guess noone wanted it to be called a city 😛
aemsafd

Apr 1, 2006, 3:12 PM
Funny. I know somebody that lives in "the most populated" town in the state. There are cities that have a larger population, but no 'towns.' It's stupid BS like that that I don't like.

And in NJ, they don't seperate towns by blocks. They do it by highway exits.
Vox Dei

Apr 1, 2006, 3:34 PM
I've never been there she was just telling me how she walked to the next town over. I'm thinking it's like here where the next town over is 15 miles away 😁 (that's in the dense areas).
aemsafd

Apr 1, 2006, 3:44 PM
Our towns will generally be 5-6 miles or so, until you start getting far up north. Near the Canadian border, we don't even have towns. We have "unincorporated places" and "purchases" and really weird crap like that. But it was interesting to get the perspective from someone who was even more rural than I am.

I actually had lunch with three people from that Alberta area, and two people from Iceland. (The Canadians even paid for the meal. Stupid Canucks!)
Vox Dei

Apr 1, 2006, 4:41 PM
Haha. Ya we are like that...Well some of us anyway.
aemsafd

Apr 1, 2006, 4:55 PM
More free food? Where?!?
Vox Dei

Apr 1, 2006, 4:59 PM
Nice people. not free food.
aemsafd

Apr 1, 2006, 5:07 PM
Damn. Well, actually, they were using the dept. credit card, so it wasn't them personally. But I still got free food!
Vox Dei

Apr 1, 2006, 5:14 PM
*shrugs* free food always works.
aemsafd

Apr 1, 2006, 5:15 PM
So how populated of an area do you live in?
Vox Dei

Apr 1, 2006, 5:30 PM
1 million people or so.
aemsafd

Apr 1, 2006, 5:32 PM
Damn. Thats a lot. My states largest city is only 100K.
Vox Dei

Apr 1, 2006, 5:32 PM
We have two cities about the size in our province.
aemsafd

Apr 1, 2006, 5:34 PM
How many people live in Alberta then? I believe our state only has a total population of about a million.
Vox Dei

Apr 1, 2006, 5:50 PM
3,223,400 give or take. as of last years censis. Keep in mind Alberta is alot larger than your state (not sure what state you are in but it's alot larger than any of the US states)
aemsafd

Apr 1, 2006, 5:53 PM
So your saying size does matter? 😳

I live in New Hampshire. It's basically a suburb of Boston and a little to close to Vermont...
Vox Dei

Apr 1, 2006, 6:12 PM
Haha. Not at all. You start adding up enough states to cover alberta and you'll probably have a much higher population than alberta. Especialy if you add NY or NJ 😛
aemsafd

Apr 1, 2006, 6:20 PM
I have to imagine it gets really effing cold up there. Do you measure the snowfall in meters?
Vox Dei

Apr 1, 2006, 6:30 PM
HAHA. not quite meters. Usually centimeters. but we have to add to the temperature scale because it didn't used to go down that low 😳
ESmurf

Apr 1, 2006, 6:32 PM
LOL 🤣

I'm in MN and we do measure the white $h!t in feet. There is none right now but last time I thought it was gone we got dumped on while everyone was asleep.
Vox Dei

Apr 1, 2006, 6:44 PM
Ya. Feet but not yards. A meter is close to a yard.
aemsafd

Apr 1, 2006, 6:49 PM
I know. What a meter, yard, and foot are. I was making a joke, asking you if you get a lot of snow up there. We can get two feet of snow in one storm, so over the course of particularly bad winter, we'll get several feet of accumulation. Hence, I was asking you how much snow you have, while you using the measuring system that you use, but some Americans are ignorant about.
Vox Dei

Apr 1, 2006, 6:53 PM
I know what you were saying. But we don't usually get a single snow fall that is mesured in meters. 30cm, couple of feet its pretty common.
aemsafd

Apr 1, 2006, 6:56 PM
Is there still snow on the ground now?
Vox Dei

Apr 1, 2006, 7:10 PM
Yes. We got dumped on a couple weekends ago. It's still around.
Vox Dei

Apr 1, 2006, 7:11 PM
And it damn well better be there for next weekend too cause i'm going skiing next weekend.
Cunning_Linguist

Apr 3, 2006, 5:42 PM
Well anyone that can piece together a little latin knows 😛 I just never said anything cus im an arrogant SOB too 😛
ESmurf

Apr 1, 2006, 12:19 PM
I think that's my manager... 😉
aemsafd

Mar 31, 2006, 1:39 PM
Did their face break their fall when they landed?
blusdrmr

Mar 31, 2006, 2:21 PM
Yeah the feminine thing must be a catching thing lately. I had a.....well....I have no idea what "it" was when "it" came in. Remember the SNL skit of "It's Pat!"?....well....there ya go.

Anyway, he/she comes in wearing a smock and a name tag from the local beauty college. The name tag reads "Shay". He/she was a large black he/she so I had to ask for an ID to run the credit and activate the phone. Of course, the name on the nametag was nothing like the actual name and the ID read "M" for male.

Needless to say, I had the shivers the rest of the day. It still creeps me out.
cingcing

Apr 3, 2006, 4:24 PM
I feel like these people fell out of the stupid tree, hit every stupid branch, landed thier thick skull on the stupid roots, rolled across the stupid grass onto the stupid highway, got hit by the stupid big rig and got run over by all 18 stupid wheels. Then they got scooped up by the stupid shovel, and thrown in the back of the stupid truck, they hit the stupid bump and were thrown out of the stupid bed landing on the stupid sidewalk right in front of my stupid store.
Nikoletta

Apr 3, 2006, 6:02 PM
That made me laugh out loud, thank you.
silentscream

Apr 3, 2006, 6:03 PM
That's how I feel today. I've never seen it summed up more perfectly. 🤣

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.