Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 17 replies

OMFG!!!

xIsamuTM

Mar 30, 2006, 12:20 PM
It's dead in here. dagnammit, people. you're supposed to post funny customer or store related stories. ENTERTAIN ME ALREADY!!!
KrazyJoe

Mar 30, 2006, 12:26 PM
Alright, I got a really good one for you.

I just had a customer come in with a letter from Verizon recommending he upgrade because his phone isn't GPS capable. I told him he'd have to upgrade his plan as well and he decided to keep his phone because he liked his plan!

Wait... that wasn't funny at all. ☹️
mallinfobooth

Apr 3, 2006, 10:45 AM
See that's where I'm confused.
Sorry off topic.
Everyone seems to be under the impression that if your customer wants to up grade and they are on a out of date play they must change their plan. Has something changed.
My understanding is that once they get off it, they can never get it back, but they CAN stay on their old plan as it is grandfathered.
Just yesterday I ran an upgrade through eroes and kept the customer on a old plan.
I've done it several times, even through customer service when eroes is messed up.
Am I missing something?
even my boss was arguing with me on this saying i didn't know what I was talking about and it wasn't possible.
Crookdale

Apr 3, 2006, 11:22 AM
I think it depends on how old the plan is. At my store we can keep them on the same plan as long as the plan allows for the new equipment. I have had a couple instances last week where I had to change the plan in order for them to get the new equipment. But for the most part the customer can stay on their current plan for as long as they want and they don't necesarily have to change it.
mallinfobooth

Apr 3, 2006, 11:26 AM
HAHAHA crookdale
thanks sir,
yeah i guess if the plan doesn't meet the prices we have now.
Crookdale

Apr 3, 2006, 11:45 AM
haha yea if you live anywhere around the Minneapolis/ St. Paul area you would know exactly which mall I work at by my user name.

Anyways, I have had a couple people get pretty heated with me because they were told they never have to change their plan. It's true in theory i guess, but like everything in life there are exceptions to the rule.
mallinfobooth

Apr 3, 2006, 11:52 AM
yeah, I know what you mean.
No, I know exactly what mall you're talking about. Infact I think I'm you're co-worker (just b/c this is what we always refer to that mall as).
I still tell customer they may not be able to, but a certain someone keeps telling me that i'm wrong and it's not possible even though i've done it so many times.
Crookdale

Apr 3, 2006, 11:55 AM
GW???? Which mall are you at?
mallinfobooth

Apr 3, 2006, 12:00 PM
so you can look at whos in????
ok, but no one else must know.
hahah
Crookdale

Apr 3, 2006, 12:03 PM
your secret is safe with me!

How long have you been coming on here for? And by the way, I love the name!
mallinfobooth

Apr 3, 2006, 12:10 PM
I'm been coming on here and reading for a long time, but i didn't have an account until recently.
Yeah, that's exactly what wer are.
concord31

Apr 9, 2006, 11:38 AM
hey i know what company you work for!!!! and you do not know me 🤣

keep rockin at g dub
im out
KrazyJoe

Apr 3, 2006, 2:29 PM
It was a $20 plan. If the plan is under $34.99 VZW won't pay us for the upgrade. Thus, no discount for the customer.
colione112

Apr 9, 2006, 10:41 PM
Certain plans can't be kept for us... If it has a secondardy line that is free, they have to change.

They also have to change if they have one of the really old plans of 16.99 or 19.99, not because the company is greedy (well maybe), but most of the old plans are tdma only, and a gsm phone won't work on it.
uscingulair

Mar 30, 2006, 3:42 PM
just got to see two truckers and a shirtless drunken red neck brawl in the parking lot...absolutly freekin fantastic
Jenn.

Apr 1, 2006, 3:45 PM
I would pay money to see a video of that. Even grainy, jumpy, cell phone video.
guido1869

Apr 3, 2006, 12:36 PM
had a group of 3 people sooking at a audio. 8910 camera phone they stood there for a few mins trying to figure out where to load the film, it was so funny i had to let them keep trying
CptFarlow

Apr 3, 2006, 2:33 PM
Blah...blah....blah....

It's raining here in CT. Soooooooo boring.

Trying to come up with more jokes for my comedy routine...

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.