Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Any advice would be welcome

cingcing

Mar 27, 2006, 8:16 PM
I am a Corporate sales rep right now, but I was just offered a job as a store manager of an Indirect store. I have another day or so to think about it.

The company is a premier agent with the best reputation in my market. It sounds like a good opportunity, but I'm a little hesitant to leave the corporste side of things.
soldmysoul4cellular

Mar 28, 2006, 7:55 AM
who do you work for?.....i have worked for verizon wireless corp and att corp and now cingular corp....agents around here have a very bad rep....however i know elsewhere is different....you most likely have a lot more freedom as indirect....and maybe the chance to earn better money???? i know if you work for verizon and you leave, they will not take you back....if you work for cingular and leave on good terms and were a good employee...they prob will take you back.....i'd go for it!!
black_burry

Mar 28, 2006, 11:49 AM
i wouldnt, i was indirect, granted i made a lil more money, but now with corp, my job is secure, benifits and pay wise and everything, and its in my opinion that indirect dealers have a bad rep right from the start just because they indirect
KrazyJoe

Mar 28, 2006, 11:57 AM
Well, I would say it depends highly on the agent. I work for an indirect agent and I wouldn't leave here for a corp store unless there was a large amount on money involved.

Talk to some of the employees of that company and see how they like it. If it seems like a good environment go for it.

And think money. Look at sales in that store compared to the corporate store. Agents tend to get much less sales then corp stores.
kellenhoskins

Mar 28, 2006, 12:11 PM
Which agent is it (if you don't mind saying) that makes a big difference i work for an agent and i absolutely love it you get a ton more freedom and flexibility
hope that helps
ferrarik1

Mar 28, 2006, 2:01 PM
It really depends. The benifits of a corporate store are great. If tey are offering you a higher pay plus benifits, go for it, but research the company. A LOT of indirect dealers have minimal job security and are very jenky. Look it over and if you fee like it would be a better move, go for it
phatbasstard

Mar 28, 2006, 2:28 PM
i manage a premier store in NY (long island)i enjoy it. my cing rep worked on the corp side and according to him we have it better. I work for a good agent . I would say it depends on how much commissions are. do you have any info on how much they pay for the different acts/accessorys
h8custmrs

Mar 28, 2006, 2:43 PM
Honestly if they have a good name I would say go for it. The corporate stores are good to work for but it takes a long time to move up in those stores. My friend works at a Cingular in Cali and it took her five years to become assistant manager. They already offered you a manager position so I think its a good idea. 😁
cingcing

Mar 28, 2006, 4:59 PM
Thanks guys, I knew that you would be helpful. I think I am gonna take it. I had an hour long talk with thier gm, and it sounds good. I also talked to my manager, and I wouldn't be burning any bridges with Cingular. If I don't atleast try, I would kick myself everyday I am here grinding a living out.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.