Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

Helio!!?

disco inferno

Mar 18, 2006, 7:39 PM
so who knows about this company? they are the next nation wide service providor launching in the spring... supposedly my store is gonna sell them but i have been trying to learn about them and there's not much info on 'em yet so i was wondering if anyone knows much abouth them

Thanks!
axess_denied

Mar 19, 2006, 12:32 PM
Helio is a joint venture of EarthLink (the ISP) and SK Telecom according to a Feb. 28 Yahoo! News article.

Helio is claiming they will unveil "mind-blowing devices" for "young consumers" in the Spring of 2006. Also, Helio was the first company to make agreements with MySpace.com, the online social blog site, in order to provide MySpace services to handsets.
The Lost Ramone

Mar 20, 2006, 9:08 PM
Cingy currently has agreements with Myspace to have alerts sent to your phone when you get new messages/comments/etc.
axess_denied

Mar 21, 2006, 8:49 PM
The point was Helio was the FIRST company to have that ability home slice.
axess_denied

Mar 21, 2006, 8:51 PM
Maybe not the first to implement the idea (seeing how they haven't yet launched) but they are the first company to make that agreement with MySpace.
3ntropy

Mar 22, 2006, 11:59 AM
you mean helio made the deal first with FOX, cause they bought out myspace for over $500m. btw, don't get those messages to ur phone unless you have a text feature. 😳
disco inferno

Mar 22, 2006, 5:44 PM
not only notifications but you can post blogs, write messages/comments, post pictures and do other stuff directly from your handset!
axess_denied

Mar 22, 2006, 9:35 PM
FOX did not purchase MySace. That is a rumor. Tom still owns and operates the service with FOX giving him huge endorsement deals.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.