Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 48 replies

Slobs

Nikoletta

Mar 7, 2006, 5:24 PM
Why are my co-workers such slobs? I want to ask them how old are they really half the time... I have to things that prompt this.

The first is the break room. I just sat down for lunch and the table was FILTHY. Not just like crumbs-dirty, they had left dirty paper plates, silverware (plastic) empty ketchup and salt and pepper packets all over. In addition to that it was covered in spills, sticky messes, half dried ketchup. Come On guys, that's just gross, take the time to throw away your trash, there are three garbage cans sitting around the room, you have to walk past one on the way out the door. And get a wet paper towel, or ask the gal at the coffee stand and use the sponge and wipe up the spills.

And Smokers! I know it's you...
(continues)
vmc5555

Mar 7, 2006, 5:46 PM
Butt Fairy....that made me laugh... 🤣
cabreras23

Mar 7, 2006, 6:08 PM
I just love how people that smoke (most anyway) blame everyone else and expect everyone else to kiss their asses for something that THEY chose to do. I didn't choose to smoke, therefore I don't want to...either by my own doing...OR someone elses. I don't feel like I should have to be punished by that decision to smoke..such as ME leaving the room...why can't YOU leave the room...YOU'RE the addict...NOT me. My son is allergic to smoke, he breaks out, and has to have breathing treatments when too much smoke is around him. So I get somewhat hateful when someone brings their cigarette around him. They get angry, and who cares? I find it incredibly rude, and disrespectful for someone to bring that crap around my two year old that can't formu...
(continues)
danielson

Mar 7, 2006, 6:11 PM
My fiances sister used to live with us a few months ago and she smoked. The worst part is when she just comes back in the house and comes and sits next to you!! I'm like WTF you idiot do you think smoke smells good or something? Then she just leaves her smoke tray outside over flowing with cigarette butts till the whole table is covered in them and they're falling everywhere to clean it up. "How come you can't do it, it's your house." Sorry i'm not the one who is out of control w/ smoking and smokes TWO packs a day and wastes enough money on that worthless crap to buy yourself that new car you've been wanting for months!!!! i'm done 😁
KrazyJoe

Mar 7, 2006, 6:13 PM
I used to be a smoker. I would always direct the crowd away from doorways and such. I was one of the few that took the feelings of non-smokers into consideration when I had a cigarette. I would ask before lighting a cigarette indoors around anybody else and would never smoke in the same room as a child. I really don't understand why people would think that they deserve special rights because they have an addiction.

It doesn't make sense to me (nor does smoking in general, which is why I quit).
vixy_07

Mar 7, 2006, 6:16 PM
i am so with you on that one! my son and i are both allergic to smoke. my "friends" used to beg me to let them smoke in my house in the winter in michigan because its "too cold outside". some of them i told not to even come back to my house. ever.
cabreras23

Mar 7, 2006, 6:19 PM
I could personally care less how cold it is outside. It could be so cold that if you walked outside you'd freeze to death. Not my problem! I don't smoke, my doesn't, and neither will you if you're around him. Go outside and freeze to death before you contribute cancer to my son.
vixy_07

Mar 7, 2006, 6:22 PM
my husband quit smoking when we started dating. i didnt even ask him to. he used to only smoke when he drank and he'd ask my permission. i would just laugh at him.
Nikoletta

Mar 7, 2006, 7:02 PM
I react pretty badly to smoke too, which is probably why it makes me so mad that they crowd the doorway like that, I honestly don't care if it's raining or windy, you don't get to huddle in under the overhang right next to the door... the smoke seeps in and you can smell it form the seats next to the door. You have a car (usually) go sit out in it to smoke if you don't want to be out in the bad weather.

We have a gaming group (you know like DnD type) that we used to meet at a friend's house on Saturdays... and one of the gals was a smoker... heavy smoker. She was outside every twenty minutes for a smoke, probably went through a pack a night... and we had to pause the game for five minutes every single time. We finally told her we weren...
(continues)
Cunning_Linguist

Mar 8, 2006, 7:27 PM
heh. Yanno, i suspected you were a gamer, after the comments about Evercrack and you playing your game on-line.
I personally wait until the DM is tied up with something and ditch out for a quick few drags. I have in fact made it totally apparent that the game is NOT to be slowed down cus of mine and a few others habits.
Nikoletta

Mar 8, 2006, 7:55 PM
She was the ONLY smoker in the group too. We came up with a "wagon" that she had to ride in while she smoked... the 'wagon' was full of glass though because we were so annoyed with her.
Vox Dei

Mar 9, 2006, 5:10 PM
She takes random damage while out on a smoke break 😁. Forget to tell her about the sessions the be mad that she didn't show up 😁. Hey wait...maybe thats why my group doesn't play anymore...they are playing but forget to tell me 😳 . hehe.
Nikoletta

Mar 9, 2006, 5:13 PM
She did take random damage, not that it mattered, we didn't not tell her about the games, she got snotty with me (and I was hosting) and one of the other players and the GM and started saying we were giving her an attitude (another player said he was surprised how tightly I held my temper with her and how nice I was to her, he said he she'd been that way with him he would have torn her head off.) After taking a chunk out of the GM we decided she was no longer welcome. The game has gone a lot smoother without her to pick fights and slow us down.
Vox Dei

Mar 9, 2006, 5:19 PM
We had one person that used to pick fights in the game...Usually with the biggest baddest thing she could find. We died alot untill we got rid of her. I think she just did it cause she thought it was funny...we didn't think so.
Nikoletta

Mar 9, 2006, 6:36 PM
She wasn't picking fights in game, they were OOC fights she was picking. She was also talking badly about other members of the group behind their backs.
Vox Dei

Mar 9, 2006, 7:32 PM
Ya. I got that. Thats why the random damage acumulator is nice 😁. opps you died when you got kicked in the shin 😁
Cunning_Linguist

Mar 10, 2006, 8:39 PM
well, I run a Vampire LARP, I run a D n D campaign. And Im acurrently working on putting together a 7th Sea Game..
I practice a very simple policy, everyone that coems in must be voted on and pass with a 60% majority. And at any time you can attempt to vote someone off.. just remember, you can have a ****ty day and coem in mad too.. and if you make a habit of voting people off the island for dumb $hit, it will come back around and bite you in the arse.
Offtopic- 7th Sea is the greatest gaming system ever, if you have never played, try and find some books for it. (it is out of print, but great)
Vox Dei

Mar 10, 2006, 10:05 PM
Never heard of 7th Sea. I know Vampire LARP is big in the city i live in as my old roomate is in one. This girl that we had in our game was the girlfriend of our host...Made life tough eventually we got rid of her though.
Cunning_Linguist

Mar 11, 2006, 1:47 PM
And such is the power of democracy 😈
Vox Dei

Mar 13, 2006, 6:46 PM
Ya but if you vote off the owner of the island then everyone has to leave the island 😕
Cunning_Linguist

Mar 8, 2006, 7:12 PM
Where at in Mi? I knwo it's pretty cold off lake Mi. I live about a block off the beach in the most sw corner of the state.
Not too far from chicago. So we gat all that lake effect snow, weee! 🙄
Nikoletta

Mar 7, 2006, 6:11 PM
Wait wait, that can be much funnier...

Are you familiar with the song "Love Shack"? There is a line "Glitter on the highway, glitter on the mattress." Well a radio personality around here started laughing and said "Glitter on the mattress? What if you have a hairy butt? You wake up and walk to the bathroom and fart and the glitter goes POOF! It's the Butt Fairy!"
danielson

Mar 7, 2006, 6:12 PM
🤣 🤣 🤣 hahaha
Nikoletta

Mar 7, 2006, 6:17 PM
Then there was this kid, my best friend growing up's little brother... he had turrets, ADHD and OCD so he was SPASTIC on a good day. One day I was walking up to her house and he ran down the hill, turned around and yelled "MEET MR BUTT-FACE!" Dropped his pants and mooned me... he had drawn a smiley face and eyes on his BUTT!
vmc5555

Mar 7, 2006, 6:32 PM
Classic...I just read butt fairy and a thousand images came to mind...including Sean Connery yelling BuckFutter!...I don't know why...
3ntropy

Mar 8, 2006, 5:41 PM
yeah, butt fairy was the best term all week.
Cunning_Linguist

Mar 8, 2006, 7:09 PM
The money COULD come from the exborinant "sin tax" they charge on each pack of smokes a smoker buys.

I personally believe smokers are shafted. We pay out the @$$ on taxes and every year more litigation limits where a smoker can smoke their fallaciously over-priced cancer sticks.

As far as I am concerned it should be up to the management of a restaurant or business whether they have a smoking section or not. Not the government.
Nikoletta

Mar 8, 2006, 7:14 PM
Or she could just NOT throw her butt on the ground. Takes a lot less effort and then there's no chance that my little niece can pick it up and stick it in her mouth before the clean up crew gets around. (She's 2, EVERYTHING goes in her mouth if she can get her hands on it.) It's the same reason they banned alcohol on the beach (this beach anyways) because of the glass from bottles because people just leave the bottles.
Cunning_Linguist

Mar 8, 2006, 7:23 PM
Oh, I'm not advocating being a sloppy smoker. I have alot of friends and know alot of people in a professional settign that have no idea I smoke.

I have two children that are barred from my computer room, because it is the one room int he house I will smoke in.

It's a habit, and a stupid one, but I have it, and while I don't advocate pushing it off on others, I do believe that in a restaurant in a nice meal and the many, many, others who pay for our dinners, and thus patronize the establishment, shouldn't have to walk outside to get our fix.

All I ask is for a smoking section!
🙂
Nikoletta

Mar 8, 2006, 7:54 PM
Yeah but a smoking section never stays a smoking section, even in a 'non smoking' section you still get swamped with smoke. Unless they build a solid wall with separate ventilation for the 'smoking section' it doesn't matter what 'section' you're in, they're all 'smoking' the only difference is if you hold the cigarette or if they guy two seats over does.
vmc5555

Mar 8, 2006, 9:01 PM
I agree...places like an applebee's or a chilis don't even try to separate the smoking from the non...I might as well sit in the smoking because there's less wait and just as much smoke...the restaurant I used to work at did have the two rooms divided with a wall...it made the non-smoking section a very pleasant place to sit for families with kids, or just non-smokers...
Cunning_Linguist

Mar 8, 2006, 9:02 PM
Now see, I'm all about putting a wall up to keep me away from you cancer free nose breathers 😛
LOL
Nikoletta

Mar 9, 2006, 1:11 PM
Now I gotta add you to the list of people whose ass I have to kick... soon as I learn to read and write. 😉
Cunning_Linguist

Mar 9, 2006, 4:20 PM
Hey no problem, i understand! Or, since I have been so bad, you could just spank me 😈
Nikoletta

Mar 9, 2006, 5:10 PM
Good plan.
Cunning_Linguist

Mar 9, 2006, 5:34 PM
Alright, it's a date. However, yanno, just to shake things up, what say I do the spanking? 😉
Nikoletta

Mar 9, 2006, 6:52 PM
We can take turns.
Cunning_Linguist

Mar 9, 2006, 6:54 PM
I really do just like you more all the time! 😁
alejandro

Mar 9, 2006, 6:58 PM
its not really about that so much as the state, if you go to a ruby tuesdays in west virginia, since over 50% of their revenue comes from food and not alcohol there is no smoking, whereas if you go to a ruby tuesdays in virginia they probably dont even have different sections... but then again, it is virginia, and you can go to a chuckecheese and cut the smoke in the room with a pizza cutter.
Vox Dei

Mar 9, 2006, 7:35 PM
Haha. My city has a bi-law that says not smoking inside a public place...yes that means bars too. It's great.
Cunning_Linguist

Mar 9, 2006, 7:38 PM
Yeah, it's panty waist legislation liek removing smoking from bars that leads to stuff like prohibition.
👿
alejandro

Mar 9, 2006, 7:40 PM
I hate all laws. If only the *ssholes that smoked had common courtesy and were not arrogant filthy pricks. then there wouldnt be legislation like that. No offense
Cunning_Linguist

Mar 9, 2006, 8:09 PM
😳 I am not filthy! Arrogant deffinately. A prick, maybe. But, I am impeccably clean. So, it isn't all smokers.
alejandro

Mar 9, 2006, 8:18 PM
filthy is relative, when a co-worker comes back from a smoke break they stink like crap (not literal crap) so i dont care how clean someone is if they reek, they are not clean.
Cunning_Linguist

Mar 9, 2006, 8:46 PM
Well, relatively I am so clean that your Mom can blow me without having to use mouthwash after 🙂

And if someone is intelligent and uses a little cologne and watches where they stand in relation to their smoke, they can very easily not stink, fyi.
alejandro

Mar 9, 2006, 8:48 PM
whatever smoker, get in your cage.
Vox Dei

Mar 9, 2006, 8:58 PM
It means i don't have to come home with my eye's watering with smoke. It's different with alchohol because i can choose not to drink (not that i generally do mind you)...But i don't have the choice to not smoke if your smoking in my face. Besides there's nothing in the bylaw that says you can't go outside and smoke then come back in and drink.
Cunning_Linguist

Mar 10, 2006, 7:23 PM
Well, I wouldn't ever patron a bar where i could not sit and smoke while I drink. Which is why I helped bar that legislation in Indianapolis.
If you don't want to sit in my smoky bar, then stay home and drink 😛
Whitehorse

Mar 10, 2006, 8:43 PM
Slobs are slobs are slobs. Some smoke - some don't. Everyone should be responsible for his or her self. If you're not going to pay someone else to do it, pick up after yourself.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.