Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 32 replies

i think i had my dumbest guest....

black_burry

Mar 6, 2006, 7:40 PM
so its a few mintues before i leavin for the day, ive been here since about 9, since its a monday it has been that bad, but let me tell you this (btw she looked dumb from the get go)

Me: Hi, how may i help you today?

Her: Well im pissed, (slams phone on counter) this stupid thing doesnt work anymore and i just got it yesterday

Me:So it just stopped working? or what?

Her: i dunno, i dont care i just want my money back

I proceded to open the phone and to my amazment, (not really) water damage

Me: miss, see this little red dot? that means it has liquid damage, meaning the phone was exposed to some sort of liquid

Her: No it doesnt, thats just a mood teller, since im mad its red

Me: 😳

Me: come again?

Her: I said n...
(continues)
Cigee

Mar 6, 2006, 7:44 PM
This is friggin hilarious. My coworkers are rolling! Was she serious? 🤣 🤣 🤣
black_burry

Mar 6, 2006, 7:46 PM
she gave me the most serious look id ever seen, i was just like she cant be, but she was..... 😳 😈
newfette

Mar 7, 2006, 8:39 AM
your phones have a red dot that tells you of water damage??
screenamesuck

Mar 7, 2006, 10:01 AM
Ours do also, either that or a strip. They start out white and if they are red then that means water touched it. Sometimes there is a red and white checkered strip. If it is just red then it has water damage also.
newfette

Mar 7, 2006, 10:14 AM
really??

I never knew that

but now that i look at some phones in my store i see them now..

that's so cool
aemsafd

Mar 7, 2006, 10:17 AM
Yeah, its great when people try to argue that even after you point that out. Manufacturers put those there so technicians can easily tell if the warranty has been voided. There's also ones inside the phone as well.
xIsamuTM

Mar 7, 2006, 11:09 AM
i've seen the internal ones. there's one thats kinda easy toget to on the v265 (under the case, just need a screwdriver.) I showed how even if you pull the LDI's from the back of the phone there's others on the phone, it's wet it's void. hava g'day.
captainplooky

Mar 7, 2006, 10:21 PM
Some reps here have spoken about how they aren't exactly the most reliable indication all the time.

For example, I seem to remember one rep listing several cases where normal conditions would change the color of them.
djdelay

Mar 7, 2006, 11:01 PM
they are actually pretty reliable when you take into effect the ones that are on the circuit board inside. Standard humidity will not make those turn red. Only submersion or extreme humidity (i.e. in the bathroom while you take a steaming shower, in the car on an extremely cold, humid night, hanging from kite string over a tea kettle, etc.) If it were such an unreliable standard, they would have come up with something else by now.
bunnies7

Jul 17, 2006, 6:43 PM
i was on a call when my neighbor showed me this and i could not stop laughing, it was an internal call so it was not as bad. 🤣
Darkinday

Jul 17, 2006, 8:02 PM
watching someone giggle while trying to give info was very amusing 😈
Cunning_Linguist

Mar 8, 2006, 7:39 PM
umm yeah, doesn't everyones? It's a little white sticker that will turn red or pink when water has touched it. Alot of the newer batteries have them too. look for a white circle on the inside of the phone beneath the battery and a little white square soemwhere along the edge of the battery.
Fenix1003

Mar 7, 2006, 9:38 AM
LOL!!!!
A MOOD TELLER!!!! 🤣 🤣 🤣
djdelay

Mar 7, 2006, 7:09 PM
that is the absolute best thing I've ever seen.......I hope you stopped on the way out, looked back at her puzzled, shook your head in disbelief and kept walking......just to show how much her stupidity had shaken your entire worldview
black_burry

Mar 7, 2006, 7:11 PM
😳 i felt my intelligence dwindling as i looked at her
Mid_Isle

Mar 7, 2006, 10:18 PM
You sir, win. 🤣 🤣 🤣
xIsamuTM

Mar 8, 2006, 12:41 AM
unless someone comes up with a better story this week. though i'd love to see someone top that!
3ntropy

Mar 8, 2006, 5:12 PM
welllll, i had one lady come in to my store to call warranty department because she wanted them to order her a ringtone over the internet. when they told her they didn't do that she got all uppity and chewed the guy out, called his manager to complain about him, slammed the phone down, and chewed me out for not being able to help her. (i could have, but decided no to) ALL this took place across from my desk while sat open mouthed in amazement.
Cunning_Linguist

Mar 9, 2006, 7:42 PM
Sorry. Nowhere near the mood teller sticker. 😳 I congratulate you on your victory black_burry!!
Cunning_Linguist

Mar 8, 2006, 7:41 PM
Man, Im going to get you a medal. That IS the dumbest customer I have seen yet. (And believe me it's a rough contest!)
I propose we start a contest!
s13driftingTX

Mar 8, 2006, 7:56 PM
Man, and i thought the lady that said that her phone will ring even if it's turned off was dumb. Her reasoning was that her she turns off her cordless phone at home when shes done talking on it. I would say that yours takes the cake.
spidermon

Jul 8, 2006, 6:18 PM
black_burry said:
so its a few mintues before i leavin for the day, ive been here since about 9, since its a monday it has been that bad, but let me tell you this (btw she looked dumb from the get go)

Me: Hi, how may i help you today?

Her: Well im pissed, (slams phone on counter) this stupid thing doesnt work anymore and i just got it yesterday

Me:So it just stopped working? or what?

Her: i dunno, i dont care i just want my money back

I proceded to open the phone and to my amazment, (not really) water damage

Me: miss, see this little red dot? that means it has liquid damage, meaning the phone was exposed to some sort of liquid

Her: No it doesnt, thats just a mood teller, since im mad its red

Me: 8
(continues)
Big Poppa

Jul 8, 2006, 10:51 PM
Here is what I say we all need to do.

Whenever we get these idiot & ignorant customers that are so bad that we post a story about it on here, we should also post that customers name and cell phone number along with the story so we can all call them and call them a dumba$$ all day long. We won't tell them WHY we are calling them dumba$$es so they won't trace it back to the store and get anyone in trouble. But I want so much to be able to call this lady and SCREAM "DUMBA$$!" at her over the phone and then hangup!
phoneguy45

Jul 9, 2006, 1:40 AM
UUMMM.....You can get fired for that....... 🤨
guido1869

Jul 10, 2006, 10:14 AM
not my story but funny, my friend worked at dell tech support

My computer won't work

Ok, what exactly is it doing

Nothing

Is there an error message

No, just a blank screen

What color is the light on the front of the tower

No light

Is it plugged in

Yes

Have you turned on the switch on the back and pushed the button on front

Yes I've tried all that

Are you sure it's plugged in

Yes

Would you just check for me

Hang on let me get a flashlight

Why do you need a flashlight

Because the power has been off for an hour
granteezie

Jul 10, 2006, 3:43 PM
bullshit. that is an old story. that didn't happen to your friend.
alejandro

Jul 10, 2006, 3:55 PM
shame on him for trying to lie to us
granteezie

Jul 10, 2006, 3:59 PM
forshame indeed.
Darkinday

Jul 16, 2006, 5:58 PM
Oh good god. How dumb can consumers be?!?
satch of the moe

Jul 11, 2006, 8:18 AM
this is by far one of the best stories i have heard. i always like the grandma not wanting to turn her cell phone on since it would waste the batteries and wanting to know why she could not make or rec calls. Or also i had a cust that would take phone to the bathroom with him then said he would set in on his pants when he when to pull them up it fell in the toilet. me trying to hold back laughing adv insurance. he said just wanted to let us know but he knew about the insurance since this same thing happened to him a month or two ago. Me end call shortly after die laughing thinking i think u need a bluetooth headset
spum

Jul 16, 2006, 8:34 PM
🤨
satch of the moe

Jul 17, 2006, 7:24 AM
that is one of those time i dont even think of asking how he got the phone.. i am afraid to even think what other things the cust could add in i really dont care to know.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.