Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 25 replies

I feel kinda bad

Polvo de ajo

Feb 27, 2006, 1:34 PM
this blind guy wanders up to my kiosk and I ask how I can help him, he says he's trying to get ahold of a spasific phone, one of his friends had, but he doesn't know what carrier, make, or model the phone is... that's when I blew it "well can you describe to me what the phone looks like?" aahhhhhh I'm an idiot. he just kinda shook his head and walked away. I feel so bad, if he was at least deaf it wouldn't have offended him.
KrazyJoe

Feb 27, 2006, 1:38 PM
I've done something similar, except it was to a coworker. He's 95% deaf. Without his hearing aid on, he can't hear a thing (can hear fine with it though).

I said something to him 2 times and he kept saying "what?" and, without thinking, I said "what, are you dea... oh sht, I'm sorry"
longsleeves

Feb 27, 2006, 1:38 PM
poor guy, you probably ruined his day.
Polvo de ajo

Feb 27, 2006, 1:41 PM
thank you for making me feel better
longsleeves

Feb 27, 2006, 1:44 PM
he's crying in his own dark world now.
Polvo de ajo

Feb 27, 2006, 1:48 PM
I always wondered if you don't have eyeballs, can you still blink?
KrazyJoe

Feb 27, 2006, 1:49 PM
If you don't have eyeballs they generally sugically close your eye lids to prevent any infections from getting in the socket
Polvo de ajo

Feb 27, 2006, 1:51 PM
but if they DON'T surgically close your eye lids, and you don't have any eyeballs, can you still blink?

if I ever lost an eyeball, I would be a pirate every year for halloween.
CptFarlow

Feb 27, 2006, 2:18 PM
Just for halloween?
Nikoletta

Feb 27, 2006, 2:19 PM
Actually, there's a guy in my Karate class who lost one eye and he has a glass eye in place. He can't blink that eye at all so there's probably more than just a lost eye going on there.
longsleeves

Feb 27, 2006, 1:50 PM
you could try the experiment on yourself if you are that curious just make sure not to throw your eyeballs away.
Polvo de ajo

Feb 27, 2006, 1:54 PM
that would be pointless, because I wouldn't be able to see if I'm blinking or not.
longsleeves

Feb 27, 2006, 1:54 PM
I'll let you know
Polvo de ajo

Feb 27, 2006, 2:00 PM
are you watching me from somewhere? just tell me if you can see down my shirt, will ya?
longsleeves

Feb 27, 2006, 2:07 PM
why yes I can.
Polvo de ajo

Feb 27, 2006, 2:19 PM
sweet, you have awesome eyesight to see down a turtle neck, can you see up my pantleg too?
longsleeves

Feb 27, 2006, 2:27 PM
what do you think I have been doing.
Polvo de ajo

Feb 27, 2006, 2:38 PM
well I figured you'd be like almost everyone else and be talking to dumb people/customers, er.. I mean working
KrazyJoe

Feb 27, 2006, 1:47 PM
I'm sure he's been blind for a long time, possibly his whole life. So, he probably wasn't offended as much as he just thinks you're an idiot.

Seriously, he's probably thinking "what a moron, I'll go ask somebody else"

Unless he's overly sensitive about it.
Whitehorse

Feb 27, 2006, 4:51 PM
Hold the heck on here... He didn't know the carrier, make, or model? Just because he can't see does not mean that he should not be able to describe how the phone looks. One can be blind & still be able to say the colors red, white, or clamshell, or external screen...
longsleeves

Feb 27, 2006, 4:56 PM
my crayola box never had clamshell or external screen I feel so jipped.
Insert Witty Name Here

Feb 27, 2006, 5:00 PM
Do you just make this stuff up?
Polvo de ajo

Feb 27, 2006, 5:23 PM
no, these things really happen to me, and it sucks.
evilbstrd666

Feb 27, 2006, 5:26 PM
I have three blind customers I deal with. None would be offended by that comment.

Here's why: they describe what they felt.

The customer you had must have been having a bad day or something.

And, if it weren't for the three regulars I have, I wouldn't have known how to handle it. They all helped me understand what they needed from me, and were nice about it.
djdelay

Feb 28, 2006, 3:17 PM
I did that to a guy who was 90% deaf once......I'm a bit of a smartass and I was telling a story to some friends. Well, one of them had brought this guy with them. He kept leaning in and cupping his hand onto his ear. After like the third time, in a really asshole kind of way, I said, "What? You got some kind of f.ucking hearing problem or something?" He looked dead at me and said, "I'm deaf." My jaw just dropped. My friend, who was laughing, went deathly silent. I tried my best to apologize. Fortunately he was real cool about it.
Fenix1003

Feb 28, 2006, 3:26 PM
It shames me to work in the same company as u.... 😕 it deeply does

j/k

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.