Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

"what about 'The customer is always right'?"

Sholyhit

Feb 27, 2006, 10:28 AM
I just had a woman in here yesterday. She was talking it up like mad on her phone and blew through all her monthly minutes in 2 weeks. She came in, pi$$sed as all hell saying it's our fault and we didn't give her the right plan. I asked what plan she was supposed to have, and she told me she was supposed to be on X plan, but she knows she can't be, and the "little boy"(My District Manager) who set her up cheated her and blah blah blah... I checked out her plan. She WAS on X plan, she just doesn't know how to shut up and hang up her phone. She demanded I give her double the minutes (which I can't even do) for free because of her inconvenience. I told her, "I'm sorry ma'am, but WE haven't inconvenienced you in and way by YOU using all your min...
(continues)
Mid_Isle

Feb 27, 2006, 11:52 AM
Actually the policy is:

The Customer is Always Right
Unless they're a fricking idiot
xIsamuTM

Feb 27, 2006, 12:28 PM
(deep breath)
The customer is always right... you know, in every job I've ever had I've heard that line at least 1000 times. Now, I have to wonder, who is the arsehat who decided to coin this term? Now I don't wanna get off on a rant here but...

you know, they're not always right, they just aren't!

yeah, that's all I had. sorry if anyone was expecting my normal 3 paragraph spiel.
Polvo de ajo

Feb 27, 2006, 12:31 PM
the customer made up that term
Whitehorse

Feb 27, 2006, 5:48 PM
When customers or anyone else tries to use that on me, I reply with a simple "No."

If the customer were always right, we would be unnecessary. The customer is always the customer & the reason we're here; however, that does not make us slaves to be ordered around. The customer calls me 'cause they have a problem & want it fixed - I'm an expert in diagnosing & fixing these problems. Probably 60% of my calls involve me telling the customer something other than exactly what they want to hear. When the customer wants to fizzle, I'm polite but firm.
Polvo de ajo

Feb 27, 2006, 5:55 PM
this reminds me of a phone conversation I was having with a customer earlier that wanted free minutes to be added to his plan because he went over his minutes, I told him I couldn't do it and he got irate and asked me my name.

me: "bob marley"

customer: "no it's not, tell me your real name"

me: "that is my name, didn't you hear me say it when I answered the phone?"

customer: "I'm calling your company president!"

me: "okay"

customer: ...click....

customer calls back, asks to talk to the "company president"

I tell him the same thing I told him before (because I'm the only one at my location), customer asks my name

me: "george bush"

customer: "no it's not!"

me: "sure it is, I'm the companys president, is there...
(continues)
xIsamuTM

Feb 27, 2006, 11:39 PM
LOL
Fenix1003

Feb 28, 2006, 9:15 AM
🤣 🤣 🤣

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.